Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So I beat a new Shelby GT500......

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
How long ago did you ask?
I was there today asked the finance manager and sales manager and both said there isn't any more mark up because they've been having trouble selling the cars.
That's because in stock form they're just not that impressive for a 500hp Mustang. We all know they can be easily modded to make insane power, but most people with the money to buy them aren't the type of guys to mod a "collector" car anyways.

Nice kill, OP. Driver mod makes more difference than most people will admit to.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 07-08-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry no one can be THAT bad of a driver. Did he have the car more than a day? I mean, the only thing I can think of is if he just sat and spun his tires the whole time thinking it was making him go fast. But this is just like saying a stock eclipse beat an LS1...It would take a horrible driver
Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Creman
I'm sorry no one can be THAT bad of a driver. Did he have the car more than a day? I mean, the only thing I can think of is if he just sat and spun his tires the whole time thinking it was making him go fast. But this is just like saying a stock eclipse beat an LS1...It would take a horrible driver
Clearly you've never run into a REALLY bad driver. It can definitely happen, sad as it is...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:57 AM
***Repost Police***

I know it can happen, but trap speed should still take care of the roll race part... years ago I was at Temple Academy Dragway (1/4 mile) in my stock '94 Integra GS-R, and actually beat a light bolt-on '96-'98 Cobra all the way out to the 1/8 mile mark; 9.7 @ 74mph vs. 9.9 @ 81. He did end up coming around me and running somewhere around a 14.7 @ 102mph vs. my 15.0 @ 94mph.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Richard how many forums did you post this on?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
The GT500s are badass looking cars. Those cars looks good. But i dunno i got into it with one on the highway and it was pretty ugly for him. But once they start modding gotta watch out. NIce kill man
Is this the same guy or another 500?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

I have NO PROBLEM believing you beat one of those turd like mechanical slugs. Then again everyone knows I don't hold them in high reguard at all. Yet another example of *** Clown + over priced turd = getting its high dollar *** whooped.

Good kill man. I have yet to see one that even came close to impressing me. Video's aside for all you dick heads that want to post something up.

You know who you are.

GTO's are slow.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Teching In

So, what's the deal, was this kids legs too short to reach the gas pedal? A one-legged blind man should have been able to pilot that Shelby right past you!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Its funny how you all think that a car that only runs mids 12s with a great driver could get beat by a 13.2 sec car with a guy that can't drive for ****.

Yes, I have no idea why he didn't catch me from a roll, i guess he was shifting too early, IDK.

YES IT WAS A REAL SHELBY GT500, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Richard how many forums did you post this on?
LOL, just this and NOSR.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
***Repost Police***

It's not so much the ET that's in question, it's the fact that a 106mph trapspeed car could walk by a car that traps 112mph from a roll
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
GTO's are slow.
Are they really?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Hmm, i'm ALWAYS in metairie with my buddy. We both have stangs but would love to meet some new people with nice cars. I've seen three supras running around there...

I've seen an asian with a black supra, def modded, and my buddy got waxed by him in his GT from a roll.

A green one.

And another black one with no spoiler, also with some mods. I've never ran into any at a stoplight, but i have beat a few dumdumdumdum's down there
Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Are they really?
Ummm yeah............E=MC2..........GTO's are slow. Facts of the universe man.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
I admit, driver mod may be needed on the GT500 kid. But still.. I've missed third in my friends LS6-swapped GTO racing a Cobra (circa 2004, fully worked, headers, intake, exhaust, cam, plus the blower), and I still ran pretty even. EDIT: On second thought, this isn't that hard to believe. My 5-speed Mustang GT (2007, cat-back, cat delete, intake, tune, suspension mods) took this 16 year old kids GT500 from a dead stop, and from a roll. My GT was barely making 340 at the wheels. His was make around 480. So I suppose I can attest to the driver mod.
Unrelated to the thread... but, there's no way that setup on a 07 GT would make 340 to the wheels.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
Unrelated to the thread... but, there's no way that setup on a 07 GT would make 340 to the wheels.

agreed, that car would be around 290 ish
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chad3113
Hmm, i'm ALWAYS in metairie with my buddy. We both have stangs but would love to meet some new people with nice cars. I've seen three supras running around there...

I've seen an asian with a black supra, def modded, and my buddy got waxed by him in his GT from a roll.

A green one.

And another black one with no spoiler, also with some mods. I've never ran into any at a stoplight, but i have beat a few dumdumdumdum's down there
We like new people too. I know of all the TT Supra owners in the area and idk any asian ones, but idk any that look asian either, lol. maybe i dont know them all, lol

If the green one was a dark green and kinda had a blue shade(its called baltic blue) to it then I know him real good, I roll with him alot.

If the wingless one had polished multispoke HRE rims on it, hes one of the fastest Supras in the area, hes running a t78 single but goodluck on getting him to run on the street

But ya, PM me or something next time you coming this way, we usually roll together on sundays. If you want to race, the green one is down pretty much all the time lol. LMK whats up.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1
We like new people too. I know of all the TT Supra owners in the area and idk any asian ones, but idk any that look asian either, lol. maybe i dont know them all, lol

If the green one was a dark green and kinda had a blue shade(its called baltic blue) to it then I know him real good, I roll with him alot.

If the wingless one had polished multispoke HRE rims on it, hes one of the fastest Supras in the area, hes running a t78 single but goodluck on getting him to run on the street

But ya, PM me or something next time you coming this way, we usually roll together on sundays. If you want to race, the green one is down pretty much all the time lol. LMK whats up.
Thats the one i saw. What kind of times/hp is he pushing? Any paricular reason he doesn't run on the street? I do know the Kenner cops down there are sneaky

The dark green one i saw at clearview/airline last week, i was going to my friends house after a movie in Harahan.

I'll actually be comming down there this weekend-fri/sat/sun
Old 07-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Sorry---any half decent driver in a GT500 would kill you from any speed...I know a guy who has one.....cold air kit + DR's and he is in the 11's.
Originally Posted by res0n0xg
Probably a Shelby, just not a GT500, he would dust you, doesn't matter how bad he was at driving.

He would have to miss all his gears to lose. I mean, if you have a reallllly shitty driver they may go low to mid 13's at like 112. But you're not going to "pull" one up top.

Maybe his gas pedal broke loose, anything is possible!! hahahaha
Whew! Thanks for the honesty man. Nice kill though. A win is a win.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
There seems to be alot of people who cant drive buying these cars.

There are too many people that can't drive Stangs out there. That's why the common belief is that they run 14's.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loveracing
There are too many people that can't drive Stangs out there. That's why the common belief is that they run 14's.
Na, stangs are fast too, but like you said they need to be driven right and modded right.

I just said that because I too beat a GT500 that should have taken me, thats street racing.