Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So I had my first kill in the LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool So I had my first kill in the LS1

I was on my way back to school from the parents house and this 03-04 Mach 1 comes up beside me at a stoplight. this is an older guy, maybe 45 or so, and he has what appears to be his wife, and a buddy with him. they look over and he throws a rev, and all of them start laughing in the car.... they must have thought it was going to be an easy kill . well with me just having my cutout installed about 3 weeks ago, i throw one as well. they are still laughing... im like ok.... they must know something i dont... im thinking maybe he has a bottle or something cause the car sounded really tame, but i wasnt about to back down.

well the light turns green and he floors it, he gets a jump on me, maybe 3-4 feet or so (my front tires were never behind his rears) cause i bogged down. since im on shitty street tires i didnt want to rev up and spin through first and second. after about 3k rpm in first i start pulling HARD and by the time i shift in second he's 2 car lengths behind me. at the end of second gear i go ahead and shut it down because he has to be 5-6 car lengths (or more) behind me and im still pulling hard (not to mention i was coming up to a curve so i had no choice lol)

From the sound of it he was a 5 speed, and it sounded like flow masters. other than that mods unknown but not likely much... if any. My mods are !cags, and DMH cutout, nothing much.... I cant believe ive had the car for 3 months and this is the first mustang of any kind that I have been able to entice to race. oh well made my day
Old 08-03-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill, you might get some BS flags thrown here though lol Mainly because those Mach 1's are said to be pretty stout car's, better then the GT's atleast. He had extra weight in the car with his wife & buddy. 5 to 6 Car lenghts?? he may have let off by then. Then again idk, havent had the chance to race a Mach yet. Good job though.

Haha those older guy's will freak you out sometimes though. You think they wont wanna race you, but then they do. Had a older guy in a Shelby GT500 with his wife, thought nothing of it. Just took off from the light like normal, i got ahead and bamm. He punches it like nothing lol I was like wtf??? lol
Old 08-03-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Nice kill, you might get some BS flags thrown here though lol Mainly because those Mach 1's are said to be pretty stout car's, better then the GT's atleast. He had extra weight in the car with his wife & buddy. 5 to 6 Car lenghts?? he may have let off by then. Then again idk, havent had the chance to race a Mach yet. Good job though.
they wernt on the skinny side... and your right they may have let off by then. or could have been bad driver.... either way i know they were gunning it through first cause you could hear it. and he still saw my tail lights

about the older guys, that sounds like something my dad would do
Old 08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol Sounds like it would've been more even if he didn't have the fatty mod.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
probably would have been closer yea... it was still funny to embarrass him in front of friends. I really want to race one where its just the drivers, so i can get a good comparison. seems like after i finally got a ls1 when i see someone that looks like a potential race they turn off at the next exit, or on another road. not that i think they are running from the ls1... but i just havent had any luck with finding a good race. this was the first real race ive been able to get since i got the thing 3 months ago
Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

dejavu?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobodog
dejavu?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

ive had the fatty mod befor. a 234 lb girlfriend. she cost me a race against a old nova once
Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 406malibu
they wernt on the skinny side...
yup, that'll really kill em then hahaa
Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobodog
ive had the fatty mod befor. a 234 lb girlfriend. she cost me a race against a old nova once
!fat chick

add that to your mod list
Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazy4
!fat chick

add that to your mod list
sig worthy...
Old 08-04-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 406malibu
probably would have been closer yea... it was still funny to embarrass him in front of friends. I really want to race one where its just the drivers, so i can get a good comparison. seems like after i finally got a ls1 when i see someone that looks like a potential race they turn off at the next exit, or on another road. not that i think they are running from the ls1... but i just havent had any luck with finding a good race. this was the first real race ive been able to get since i got the thing 3 months ago
def a good kill. but yea if the mach 1 are as fast as the "owners" say they are then he left off. but still you won! i personally havent came across one yet but love taking out GT. (havent lost to one yet) and yea your probly get some "BS" thrown out or excuses.... hopefully not though but if your really looking for races just check out your late local "car hang out" area. and im sure someone will challenge you... but make sure your safe about it. after what ive gone through getting caught its not really worth it. unless your going for money. but that can get pretty risky also. also make sure scene is
"cop free" and the streets are in good condition. and the NUMBER ONE thing make sure your way out in the middle of no where....