Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

outrunning the law

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are you at in indiana? i hope this legal issue gets worked out for you. definately consider all your options before signing on the dotted line. keep in mind the national guard is deploying about as much as active duty. if your goal in the military is to kill people i would either go army or marine infantry. however you need to mature a little, i know for sure you will not enjoy life in the marine corps with off-duty incidents like that, and i'm pretty sure the army doesn't tolerate that either. good luck. oh and by the way if the guy in the mustang you beat "claims" he's never lost to a camaro before he's been picking on 305 powered 3rd gens.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Teching In

I love this site, but you guys suck. LMAO If a honda guy made this same post he'd get wasted. Since when do you get sympathy for doing something well...... as Forrest Gump's mom would say........ " A bit on the slow side"?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow you're a moron. Getting out and running is evading arrest. Staying in the car and getting a warning is better.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 09-11-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he's only 17. hell, when i was 16 i almost got busted for 2 counts of evading a peace officer... or was it 2 counts of exhibition of speed and evading a peace officer?

they actually got me after i got back into my car to get away just after they spotted me on foot (had done the whole drive away and stash the car thing just like the OP). had one cop go head on with me (at low speed) to get me to stop and back up.
i have no idea how i slipped out of that one, but all they really did was search my car with me in cuffs, make a few jokes about bashing the tail lights with their batons, then they uncuffed me and let me go on my way less than 10 minutes later.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:06 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
Wow you're a moron. Getting out and running is evading arrest. Staying in the car and getting a warning is better.
We all get your point but he didnt need all the insults so I edited you post, the kid is trying to figure out his life a bit and start making better choices and he needs advice, not ridicule.

I cant believe the way some of you talk to each other on here.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
Got out and ran into the woods into a bean field and to another building jumped the fence then jumped it agian to get out and back into the field. finally i gave up they had my car it was over.

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
if your goal in the military is to kill people i would either go army or marine infantry. however you need to mature a little, i know for sure you will not enjoy life in the marine corps with off-duty incidents like that, and i'm pretty sure the army doesn't tolerate that either. good luck.

Oh my god don't join with the Corps, we arn't in the habit of retreating, giving up, and losing our equipment! LOL Tell ya what we'll call it taking cover!

On the serious side of things if you have questions reguarding military service i'll be happy to field them for ya.

SEMPER FI

Last edited by USMC Devil Dog; 09-11-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willthethrill
that mustang guy's full of ****. a 100 shot of spray wouldnt make that much of a difference it ET's
Very possible.

Sucks what happened. Just stay in the car next time. Running ***** you over
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Staging Lane

LOL I'm sorry dude but you say the cop went after the two Mustangs so that's your cue to ******* hide behind a building and run ON FOOT? What the hell is wrong with you man!?! If the cop went one way, you go the other, plain and simple! Like the other guys said, if they didn't catch you doing anything, they can't do ****. I've been caught at the line before but all I did was take off easy and go elsewhere. Cops haven't pulled me over before a race, only after one because I pulled over....

Now you want to leave the country because you trespassed? **** man, guess I should've left when I was 17 and I got a trespassing ticket for offroading! C'mon, don't be such a dweeb, plus 30 is a 1st gear roll, 3rd puts you at like idle!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

well thank god i'm still 17, or i'd been in deep ****. Well me and some friends are at the carwash painting certian things on his mustang. Well this really nice mustang gt see us and let us hear, i jumped in my car chased him down we raced from about 3rd gear at 30 i wanted to go from a dig but he took of and i hel her to the floor and started to pass him, we stopped up the road and came back to the car wash this was all around midnight. Nobody could belive i beat him he was checking my car out i checked his out. He was a cool guy said he liked chevy better to he had a 100shot of nitrous said it would run 13.1s with it and 14.4s without. Everbody wanted to see us race again so me and the guy go to this place way out in the country and the cops show there where 3 mustang an me the only camaro. We where just about to take off and i spotted himwell he just went up the road to get the other 2 mustangs, i thought heres my chance, i turned around took off like 5mins down the road parked it behind a warehouse. Got out and ran into the woods into a bean field and to another building jumped the fence then jumped it agian to get out and back into the field. finally i gave up they had my car it was over. I'm 17 what's the worst that can happen to me he never got us for racing or anything and i took off slowly
dude why didn't you just go home instead of parking it behind a factory. if you were to get pulled over on the way could have told them that you thought they had done something before you met up with them.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
Oh my god don't join with the Corps, we arn't in the habit of retreating, giving up, and losing our equipment! LOL Tell ya what we'll call it taking cover!

On the serious side of things if you have questions reguarding military service i'll be happy to field them for ya.

SEMPER FI
your funny LOL
Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh and by the way if the guy in the mustang you beat "claims" he's never lost to a camaro before he's been picking on 305 powered 3rd gens.
and even some of them would give him a good run if not beat him
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

You're done man. You let the car out there and the cops found it. The cops know without a doubt that you were racing, sa them take the Mustangs, got scared, dumped the car and ran. Luckily for you they don't have that race on camera and unless the Mustang drivers rat you out, they likely have no witenesses to you running.

They're going to run for what charges they can make stick. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy from the cops since the cops know you were racing even if they can't prove it.

When the cops come you always go sedately in the direction that leads away from the population density. Odds are if there is a second cop he'll be coming from a denser area and/or the direction of the station. Drive sedately and legally away from those areas, go somewhere else and hang out, buy something to have a proof you were there (get a sales slip) and if you get stopped play dumb. The sales slip is useful because the cops track you, you can always say "No, no I wasn't out street racing, I was over on the other side of town at the mall buying Madden 2009, here I have a slip to prove I was over there."

That is my advice at least. When you leave the car in the area it is basically like leaving a giant sign that you were there and running.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

wow. grammar > you. sorry.

i have "ran" from the cops before. i blew through a yellow stoplight at about 70 in a 45 (roads straight) just trying to get home b/c my little brother was scared b/c there was a man walking around ours & neighboring houses. i saw a cop was behind 1 car and i knew he'd be coming for me. i ducked off on the next left i could make, waited a minute for the cop to pass, and got back out on the road. keep in mind i am 1 1/2 miles from my house, if that. i get back on and i see the cop pull out of a neighborhood 1/4 mile back. i see his lights flick on and i instantly book it about 45-50 through this VERY OPEN neighborhood. I ran a few stop signs and then pull into my garage, shutting it right away. about a minute later the cop comes flying by my house, scaring off the man that was lurking around that my little brother called me about.

did i endanger people by speeding? yes & no- there is never anyone around and everyone runs those stopsigns anyways & speeds through just like i did, but i still should not have been going that fast through there, i never do.
will i ever run from the cops for any reason? HELLZ NO.

moral of the story: take your chances on sticking around. its only worse if you run and get get caught.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sorry you got busted. I'd feel for you if the punishment didn't fit the crime, but dude, you were setup to race then ran from the cops. I know 17 yr olds (myself included) dont' make the smartest choices, but IMO I think the punishment could teach you a good long lesson (as long as it isn't a rediculous punishment).

I'm not trying to be harsh. Just saying...running from the cops?. wow.

+1 on WSsick's words of moral of the story.

Gotta give you props for 'fessing up' though.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well thank god i'm still 17,

Kmaroman, .....slow down. Don't make any off the hip life choices right now. What has happened to you is nothing more than a young man who made a poor descision @ the wrong time; that's all. Take it from an old guy, just find a Lawyer & work through this thing one step @ a time. Whatever the punishment, comply with it & then move on with your life. Learn from the experience & don't make the same mistake again. That's life, just don't let a mistake like this push you into a direction that you wouldn't chose otherwise. Best of luck.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was never asking for sympathy, i stated what i did only wondering what kind of trouble i'd get into. They only have me on 2 counts trespassing and 1 resisting arrest by fleeing
Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
We all get your point but he didnt need all the insults so I edited you post, the kid is trying to figure out his life a bit and start making better choices and he needs advice, not ridicule.

I cant believe the way some of you talk to each other on here.
Jay's such a nice guy, bringing some maturity to the street racing section.

I think unit would have let that one fly .....

Yo you hear anything about a 10 bolt by the way?
Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been thinking i'm going to join the miltairy. Get out of this town with no plans to comeback except get my car and nothing more. I wanna leave for 2 years or so. I dont wanna be gaurd that's stupid if you join the miltairy go over sea's thats what i wanna do. Go into the army i wanna go kill, and more. I think i'm better off having someone oversee me a few years, i'm going to ******* kill people over there. Anyone know a nic eplace where it's usally sunny to move year round but still cheap place to live
U sir are stupid 17 and street racing huh? Then you tried to run from the police even though they dident see u racing. Ahh dam guy your better of in a 4 banger with a 32 inch wing.

Im sorry just ranting
Old 09-12-2008, 06:11 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
Jay's such a nice guy, bringing some maturity to the street racing section.

I think unit would have let that one fly .....

Yo you hear anything about a 10 bolt by the way?
PM'd you
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Props for fessing up, and a bad call on running.

Come on guys, we've all been young and done decisions we later regretted.