Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

outrunning the law

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u guys didnt even start racing yet, and on top of the the cop went for the mustangs and not you, then why didnt you just turn off and simply drive away slowly?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice "Bible getting move" there...to bad it didn't worked. In the military such a move would work less so there is something to think about.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

would've been funny had they let you off the "organized street racing" charge with a warning, but arrested you for felony evasion.......never turn a ticketable offense into an arrestable one...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

I see no sense in running for something stupid like that. I've been pulled over countless numbers of times in my friend's vehicles and mine, and 90% of the time just being honest will get you out of it. If you run, try to hide, or try to lie about what you were doing.. more than likely you will get busted.

If you weren't even doing anything wrong at the time, WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO RUN!?!? Now if you were doing 140mph down an empty road and a cop was coming towards you, flipped around, and started chasing.. then that may be a decent time to find an exit and shut it off quickly. If you were just rolling beside another car, THAT IS NOT RACING! You may have been handed a $50 ticket for left of center, etc depending on the road.

Just the other day I was giving a friend a ride in my new car. I went to a completely empty road heading out of town that has no residential or commercial properties for 9 miles until the next town. I was at about 3/4 throttle through first, chirped in to second, and shut down by 60 (in a 55 zone). Next thing I know, I see blue+red. I could have easily outrun him with the lead I had and the hp/top speed my car has compared to his.. but why? I was with a friend and it's not worth endangering him.. and what is the most I would get just from my slight burst of acceleration?

He asked if I knew why I was being pulled over, I simply said yes because I was being stupid back there. He agreed, asked for my license and insurance, when that checked out alright he said "you know it's a two hundred dollar ticket for exhibition of speed.. and you don't really need that ****. Keep it down and behave." I agreed, and we were on our way. Now if I would have ran from him, I could have had an exciting story and missed out on a small lecture, or I could be in jail for evading + have my car impounded. Chances are, you will get caught. One cop is easy to outrun, but radios are a bitch.

I'm 19 now, and I drove an 11 sec 383 stroker when I was 17 like you are. I did a lot of stupid stuff in it and got a 56/35 speeding ticket. I was racing a truck, tried to lie about it to the cop, and pulled off quickly to try to hide without running. He took it easy on me just giving me a speeding ticket, but if I would have just pulled over and been honest, I might have just been given a warning. I'm done tearing the **** out of my cars like I did when I was that age, but I can't say that I don't have fun with them. There is a time and place for everything, and two years ago I didn't know that. Now I'm just trying to figure out where

And if you get pulled over for something like you were doing, where there is absolutely no proof, you don't have to admit anything. If you werent racing and they ask if you were.. you're not lying if you tell them you're not.

Last edited by FlashLCD33; 09-16-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Teching In

How did they find you behind the warehouse? Either the cops were following you or someone saw you and called you in. That sucks because you probably could have just waited it out otherwise. I'm pretty sure when I was 17 if the cops had called MY mother and told them they had my car impounded for street racing, I wouldn't be seeing daylight for a very long time lol.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
i've been thinking i'm going to join the miltairy. Get out of this town with no plans to comeback except get my car and nothing more. I wanna leave for 2 years or so. I dont wanna be gaurd that's stupid if you join the miltairy go over sea's thats what i wanna do. Go into the army i wanna go kill, and more. I think i'm better off having someone oversee me a few years, i'm going to ******* kill people over there. Anyone know a nic eplace where it's usally sunny to move year round but still cheap place to live

Dude, you are a mixed up kid... Sorry to say that but I was the same as a teen years ago... First off, you need to stop playing the X-box 360 war games and what not... Killing some Arabs in Iraq and blowing characters away on your playstation 3 are two different worlds.. War is no joke!!! Good luck with the Army if you decide to go in that direction. Not sure now that the military would even except you now that you have a fellony on your criminal record....Good luck with all that..... The armed forces will teach you responsibility and discipline...

I agree with one of the other guys posts, if your not speeding or racing (exhibition of speed) why run from the cops as you would have probably just got a warning and a lecture from Sheriff John Brown...... These cops are throwing the book at you, evading, tresspassing, etc... What a friggn joke..You turned yourself in and they still did that - Those bastards!!!!

I ran from cops once, but I was on a very fast motorcycle. I had busted a wheelie on a busy street to show off, the next think I knew, lights were flashed behind me and I absolutely gunned it without even thinking (1 was 19 years old at the time), I zipped threw some stopped cars at a red light, turned and punched it a few times, pulled into a alley way.. Then found a parking space under a building... Threw off my helmet and jacket, and quickly walked away fast from the bike... I actually saw the cops drive by a few times, and I was just walking the other way like a normal pedestrian, got some lunch and chilled for awhile......Had to laugh when it was all over, but it was really on, and I was breathing hard and almost sheeet my pants.......

Rule #1 - never ditch your ride, Rule #2 - never run if your racer car is kinda slow Rule #3 - Never run unless you have a huge head start and it's night so you can turn off your head lights and go into stealth mode...Rule #5 Don't crash or kill anyone running...Rule #6 Give up when you see the helicopter above you.... Rule #7 Never get caught!!!!!

End of story...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i know that jibby
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dam, I figured this to be a troll thread FOR SURE, till I saw this guy continuing to post about his life etc. I could be wrong, but you seem like the stupidest dude EVER going by the words you have typed thus far. I would bet my own manhood that your IQ is in the sub 70s range. Please don't join the military, you'll just end up like private pile from FMJ. I'm sure everyone who's seen that movie would agree 100%. You should just stick to your good o'l boy hometown, drink a few buds, and watch NASCAR all day.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Village Idiot

ZeroFear, I must say you are a ruthless S.O.B.. Take it easy on this kid, after all he is already kinda ruined from this incident and probably doesn't need any more additional abuse........Give the kid a break for gods sake, atleast he wants join the Army and get on the fifty like Rambo and take out the enemy...

You go Karomon!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rule #1 - never ditch your ride, Rule #2 - never run if your racer car is kinda slow Rule #3 - Never run unless you have a huge head start and it's night so you can turn off your head lights and go into stealth mode...Rule #5 Don't crash or kill anyone running...Rule #6 Give up when you see the helicopter above you.... Rule #7 Never get caught!!!!! <--jibbys quote i suck at quoting stuff

well see i did that it was night it satrted about 12midnight they had about 6 cars looking for me i couldn't get out of the vicinity. If i woulda thought better my dad's friend lived down the road and could went way back in the woods and parked it till morning
Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
Dam, I figured this to be a troll thread FOR SURE, till I saw this guy continuing to post about his life etc. I could be wrong, but you seem like the stupidest dude EVER going by the words you have typed thus far. I would bet my own manhood that your IQ is in the sub 70s range. Please don't join the military, you'll just end up like private pile from FMJ. I'm sure everyone who's seen that movie would agree 100%. You should just stick to your good o'l boy hometown, drink a few buds, and watch NASCAR all day.
Best post of the day, bar none.

Props to you ZeroFear, for the official call-out.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Great

Nothing like having friends on LS1tech to help you out.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This is kind of sad. A seventeen year old kid is getting bashed like he killed someone. He was getting ready to race and the cops came. He likely got scared like most 17 year olds would and decided to run, not a good idea but if you are scared and see an escape route who knows what you would do at 17. Then he asks about the military and gets bashed some more. Damn. I was 17 once and did dumb ****. I joined the military at 17. I'm 38 with 21 years in the army now and getting ready to retire. Is it the right choice for the OP maybe not but maybe it is. He asked for advice and gets picked on. Who is more of an adult, the 17 who realizes he made a mistake and is looking at his options or the "real" adults who are calling him stupid, even if he does have a mixed up view of what the military is and what it does. Give me a break. OP if you want to talk about the military send me a PM and I'll be more than glad to help you but realize the military does randomly kill people nor is killing people fun. Also you made a mistake when you ran from the cops and you'll have to take your lumps for that but if you are respectful and courteous to the judge, if you have to see one, explain to them what you did and what you are doing to better yourself. It may not help but it might. Good luck, learn from your mistakes and study up on what the military really is.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

yeah it was a stupid mistake and some went a little overboard with slamming the op, but i don't think anybody really slammed him about wanting to join the military. a couple just said that he may be rushing to that decision to "get out of town" or whatever. and he does need to mature a lot if he decides to go into the military. manalishi, what would happen if one of your soldiers if he pulled a stunt like that?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
manalishi, what would happen if one of your soldiers if he pulled a stunt like that?
Before or after I crushed his nuts. LOL! Seriously it would depend on the soldier and the circumstances. If he was a good soldier and did something dumb he'd still be dealt with harshly but I wouldn't ruin him. If he was a dirt bag he'd wish Satan would save him.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

and that's all i was trying to get at with my first post in this thread. whether its losing rank, being on restriction or filling sandbags, it ain't fun. and as you know you won't last in the military with that type of behavior.

OP- i hope this works out for you. just remember its an internet forum. you'll never meet those who are slamming you anyways, good luck, especially if you decide to go the military route.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Village Idiot

The kid is taking all this abuse well...Hasn't fired back once, just took the blows like a true man...

I am starting to respect this kid more and more... Me personally, I would have blown up on you Bastards...

The military is good for lost people that need direction and discipline... God, core, Country baby!!!!! Now kid - Go in front of the judge and say this - I won't say I am guilty so I can go home in six months!!! I went racing because I felt the need for speed... Just call me Mavrick...

You know the movie - Kernel Jesip did you or did you not order the code red? Santiago was a beatch and god was watching... Please tell me you have more then this? Please tell me your not resting all your hopes on footlockers and telephone bills.... You can't handle the gas!!!....Etc.. etc...

The other movie - Mavrick going supersonic.... Gooose are you ok? Goose, why is your neck snapped, gooose, can I bang Meg Ryan since you goose is now cooked? You've lost that love and feeling, oh oh that love and feeling....etc...

Getting silly now.... The movies went something like that anyway....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-18-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Haven't you seen the movies where the cops just show up somewhere and wait for someone to run...thats how they find GUILTY PEOPLE!! Don't ever run when they show up if you haven't done anything!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Wow man, you're a dick. As if you never did any stupid **** at 16-17?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

shoulda reported the car stolen soon as you got out of it lol