Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Murdered a cocky STR8 charger!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...So true about people who judge how fast a car is by looking to see what the speedo goes to.

I should put one in mine that tops out at 55, then everyone would think it was slow...
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

the LAST thing I would tell a street racer is my top end (figured) speed. whwhawhat!!?? how does that matter?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
the LAST thing I would tell a street racer is my top end (figured) speed. whwhawhat!!?? how does that matter?
Thats what I was thinking!! Thats why I put the sign up on his ***!! LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95hitam6
nice kill, i haven't meet a charger owner that wasn't cocky, what do you have done?
What are you, 16 with your underwear showing above your baggy pants? No wonder, you need to get out more.

OP: Nice slaughter. Guy should have known better talking smack to an LS1. You never know.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice kill. You're basically running the same setup I'm looking at, only I want the Dominator 2 cam in there. It will be a while before I can afford to get rid of these junk heads, though.

Do you have current times and numbers?

I've only run one SRT-8 Charger and it was a slaughter obviously (pretty sure it was stock or close to it). I never got a chance to talk to him, but just from looking at him I got the impression that he was cocky as hell. And then he did the fly-by and never slowed down after I put quite a few cars on him and hit the brakes.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Every LS1 guy I met has been a respectable gentleman, quite sophisticated, well spoken and quite dashing, I may add. Except one time, at band camp.....

Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
Naw. I use to keep them in my sig but it started getting to big so I saved it to a word doc. on my desk top and update it as I add stuff.
lmao, i wish i could say that...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

haha good kill man. I love putting cocky people to shame. It makes my day. Sounds like you have a nice setup and i have no clue what that guy was thinking??? With your car idleing like a dragster, he has to know your car has something done to it, not just straght pipes with a misfire on #7 and #2.lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tkimrey
LOL...So true about people who judge how fast a car is by looking to see what the speedo goes to.

I should put one in mine that tops out at 55, then everyone would think it was slow...
oooo man do you know how many times ive heard the GTO's have 200 on the dash
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Teching In

nice kill . why is it that srt8 guys are almost hella cocky . all they know about theyre car is that its a hemi and has 425 hp if that lol
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
That's a nice Stang you have there!! What do you run in the 1/4? Your #'s are really close to mine but I make a little more hp and tq. 447rwhp and 403rwtrq which is up since I put the new fuel pump, intake and throttle body in and had it retuned. From 423rwhp and 387rwtrq to the above #'s.
Yea bro it sounds like we might have a good race on our hands. I'm in the South Florida area if you ever want a race. The track has been closed here for months, it's undergoing a total make over. I haven't been able to run it since it was almost stock. Did you lock the converter on the Dyno? My tuner said if I could lock mine I would have like 50 more HP at the wheels. I had fuel pump issues also. Now it runs great. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

good murder, but i can imagine ur car doesn't idle anything close to stock, why would he think your car is slow after sittin next to you at a light? lol
Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where do you stay at in New Orleans? I have never seen your car and I'm always at the street races. From the times I see you run at the track you could whip most of the guys I see with ls1's that don't know what they are doing. What I mean by that is these guys with mismatched combos of heads,cam,and intake and only running low 12's and they think they are doing something. Also put the spray on your car and you will be in the 10's then just hang on for the ride.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Very nice kill. You're basically running the same setup I'm looking at, only I want the Dominator 2 cam in there. It will be a while before I can afford to get rid of these junk heads, though.

Do you have current times and numbers?

I've only run one SRT-8 Charger and it was a slaughter obviously (pretty sure it was stock or close to it). I never got a chance to talk to him, but just from looking at him I got the impression that he was cocky as hell. And then he did the fly-by and never slowed down after I put quite a few cars on him and hit the brakes.
No recent track times as of yet. I am about to put it under the knife so I can mount the 28" tall slick on the back. But I will update you all when I do get some times in. Should be within the next 2 weeks. Allan thinks with my current setup I should run really low 11's in the heat and high 10's in good air. I guess we'll see but not holding my breath.. LOL.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Where do you stay at in New Orleans? I have never seen your car and I'm always at the street races. From the times I see you run at the track you could whip most of the guys I see with ls1's that don't know what they are doing. What I mean by that is these guys with mismatched combos of heads,cam,and intake and only running low 12's and they think they are doing something. Also put the spray on your car and you will be in the 10's then just hang on for the ride.
I live clean across town from you. I live in Destrehan. Sometimes I go hang out at the lake front on Sundays with a few other guys I know. You should come out there sometimes.. PM me some of the spots you guys go racing at and after I get the slicks mounted I'll be sure to show up. I most likely know some of the guys that go. I just haven't went in a while because the last few times I went no one would run me. LOL
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Me and my business partner have been racing out there for years, more him than me. I'll let you know when something goes down out there. We WILL get you a race if you want.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

good kill, and I agree about the typical owners being cocky...to idiots around here hemi= can't lose....even in a truck

******* retards
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6
Christ.. That's more like premeditated murder
That literally put me rolling on the ground...hahaha! SOOO TRUE though!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Me and my business partner have been racing out there for years, more him than me. I'll let you know when something goes down out there. We WILL get you a race if you want.
Ya, I'll let you know next time I go out there. I am going to try and cut the inner fenders so I can mount my new slicks on the car Friday. So if the weathers nice I should be out there Sunday. I went out there last Sunday on my Harley but no one was out there.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
good kill, and I agree about the typical owners being cocky...to idiots around here hemi= can't lose....even in a truck

******* retards
So funny. Stereotyping on an LS1 site. Typical teenage punks.

Quick Reply: Murdered a cocky STR8 charger!! :)