Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pullied Cobra vs. Sprayed TA.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
you don't have to be a "Ford man" to have heard of him and know he's a guy. he's a legend going back for several decades and you'd have to have lived under a rock and never even seen or heard of/read about a Cobra to not know about him.

oh, and btw....his name's not "Carol Shelby", it's "Carroll Shelby"....huge difference for anyone that knows how to read, even at an elementary level. i knew "Carol" Shelby was a guy back in the late 80's when i was around 13 years old and started really developing an interest in cars, before i could even legally drive for crying out loud.....

and this is coming from someone who has never even owned a mustang, and i don't plan on doing so unless i come into a lot of money and can start building up a collection of cars, or i get one for a really good price. or who knows, i may just get one to use as a daily driver one day, so i can go mod-crazy on my camaro without having to worry about rushing the job so i can use it to get to/from work.....
Good for you man, so what do you want a medal or a brownie point for knowing who Carroll is? Dang, sorry I didn't know who Carroll Shelby was, I really didn't think much of it and still don't.....I did know the name Shelby, just not Carroll.. RELAX!!!!

Shelby Cobra's are sweet, especially the 66 model's!!!
Attached Thumbnails Pullied Cobra vs. Sprayed TA.....-186.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

well we tried to get together last night but I couldn't find a camera person. we might try tonight if the weather is good. sorry about the delay. I know when cory orrignally posted this we were planning on racing right after, but the spray didn't work.

glad to see everyone thinks I will win, because I sure don't.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
well we tried to get together last night but I couldn't find a camera person. we might try tonight if the weather is good. sorry about the delay. I know when cory orrignally posted this we were planning on racing right after, but the spray didn't work.

glad to see everyone thinks I will win, because I sure don't.
Yes you do.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

you have more power, better 1/4 et and traps, better driver, and better tire. The ONLY thing I have in my favor is weight, and thats a whoping 200lbs.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Sarge, the dudes name is Carol Shelby and I am sure I am not the only one that mistakened that name for a chick.. Secondly, I am a Chevy man by nature and not a Ford man... I don't claim to know everything about Fords like our friend Pony... I also tend not to pay too much attention to all the newer stock Ford cars that I can beat down on a regular basis..Mach's, GT's, and most Cobra's, etc.. Piece of cake 0-60mph... Saleens and GT500's a different story...
You should learn how to bottle up that ignorance and sell it. Lord knows you have enough ooozing out of your pores.
Originally Posted by Dynotune04
why is the c/r too low. for a p/d blower you dont need compression because it makes instant boost. if it were a centri blower id agree with you.
Just personal preference. that's all. I think .5-.75CR increase would be a nice increase over an 8.5 lower TQ without causing issues. i wouldn't go over 9.25 though. Even that high depends on the size of the PD blower IMO. I would certainly stay at 8.5 with a large KB or Whipple. That's for certain. And yep.....I think 9.85+ for a Centrif is perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to go 10:1 with a D1 at 12-14 psi.

Again, personal preference, that's all.

That is why I said some Cobra's and not all.... I win races with spray...No spray I lose unless I am racing an automatic mid nineties model stock GT Ford Mustang.. I also raced a GT40 Mustang last year and got spanked.

Kid, you crack me up. your ignorance is unmatched. That I know of.

A GT40 mustang. holy crap. And I thought you couldn't be any lamer.
Originally Posted by corysmach1
Yes you do.
you guys remind me of me and my brother. I never got to race him in my AB mach and it would have been a nice one. He has a 72 383 stroked high 11 Camaro.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Pony, shut up you noob. You know you don't know anything, especially about Mustangs.
yep. Sad thing is, I wasn't even the first to poke fun at him in the other thread about newer machs. I was just the one to call him out and prove him wrong.
But, oh well. he wants to be mr. ignorant know it all...so be it.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still no video? This thread FTL.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
you have more power, better 1/4 et and traps, better driver, and better tire. The ONLY thing I have in my favor is weight, and thats a whoping 200lbs.
LOL 200 pounds is a lot....I trapped .4mph more that you. We all know how LS-1's run on spray froma roll. And you know you can drive. Dont get me wrong should be close....I am just giving the edge to you...not just sayin that to be safe just being honest. Sorry for no vid. will be one for sure by the weekend.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
pony pony pony, i get a headache everytime i read a post of yours....
Dude, I so concure...
Old 09-30-2008, 06:08 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Lets get the race results
Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Video or we ban JIBBBY.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 I really wanna see this. It's gonna be a good one.

Last edited by ponygt65; 09-30-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by chavez885
Video or we ban JIBBBY.
Why ban me? What did I do? I am just an everyday guy shooting the **** on the forums so take it easy Chavez!!!

What video are we talking about? ****?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Video or we ban JIBBBY.
i agree
Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Village Idiot

Well it's to be expected from you Cobra and Mach guys... Dynotune, and Chaves you guys talk head alot so you wanna race and then the loser gets banned? 0-60mph and I'm, I don't mind putting another Ford Mustang to death as I've done it before.......

Just say when Lungar, I'll be your huckleberry!!! Ban talk is cheap and is that really the best you guys can do? Ban him drrrrr, Loooosseeerrrss!!! My old Lexus I bet will spank your funky *** Fords especially once the LS2 is in place!!!

See now you guys got me just a little pissed off...Not cool. Wow, I just felt a little earth quake while I was typing..Gotta love Califonia for a little shake and bake...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Ill race you tomorrow. Drive out to MA. Calling out someone on the complete oposite side of the country is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Video or we ban JIBBBY.

JIBBBY
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Well it's to be expected from you Cobra and Mach guys... Dynotune, and Chaves you guys talk head alot so you wanna race and then the loser gets banned? 0-60mph and I'm, I don't mind putting another Ford Mustang to death as I've done it before.......

Just say when Lungar, I'll be your huckleberry!!! Ban talk is cheap and is that really the best you guys can do? Ban him drrrrr, Loooosseeerrrss!!! My old Lexus I bet will spank your funky *** Fords especially once the LS2 is in place!!!

See now you guys got me just a little pissed off...Not cool. Wow, I just felt a little earth quake while I was typing..Gotta love Califonia for a little shake and bake...

You must have thick skin on the internet man. Seems like these guys dont respect you much so work on that. More learning (we all have more to learn) and less posting.

Is there going to actually be a race here? This is why we dont do these "soon to race threads" since 75% of the time nothing happens. Let try to end this one with a Cobra win. Or an LS1 win.

Its going to get shut down tomorrow otherwise. Lets race man!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there going to actually be a race here? This is why we dont do these "soon to race threads" since 75% of the time nothing happens. Let try to end this one with a Cobra win. Or an LS1 win.

Its going to get shut down tomorrow otherwise. Lets race man!
No race yet? WTF, guys? At least make it happen without a camera guy and then post up a video when you get a chance. Videos are great but I just want to know who wins. WE WANTS RESULTS!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
No race yet? WTF, guys? At least make it happen without a camera guy and then post up a video when you get a chance. Videos are great but I just want to know who wins. WE WANTS RESULTS!!!!
too bad its raining up here id say we should go take a couple rips and post up!