Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car bogs coming out of the hole need to know what to do with LCA's brakets

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car bogs coming out of the hole need to know what to do with LCA's brakets

Hey guys a got kinda of a unique problem i think. My car hook to well soo well that when i leave on the rev limiter that car just falls on it face other than going with a taller gear would it help if i went from the second to bottom hole on my lower control arms brakets to help it not hook so hard? do you guys think it might help? any other ideas would be greatly apreciated.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Suspension isn't really going to help you any. If you can hook now, why change it? What you need is more *****. Either more gear, or more motor...or more spray. What gear are you running? Is it the 3.89 in your sig?

Might try not launching off the rev limiter. How much of a drop do you get?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

the car leaves so awesome on the motor poping the driver side wheel up for a second. but on the motor it just falls on it face. if i could get the car to not bog i know i could take the car from running 12.90 to like 12.60's but trying to get it not to bog on the motor is anothor story. i am still running the 3.89 but im almost out of gear on a 100 shot with the 3.89s
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you are letting the clutch out too quickly, not that
I am any kind of expert at launching. Like, mat the pedal and
leave it there on the limiter, and use the clutch to control RPM?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

I think i might have worded the question wrong so let me try it this way. by moving my lower control arms to the middle hole on the relocation brackets is that going to make it hook harder or not as hard as the control arms being placed in the lowest hole on the relocation bracket.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

to the top anybody?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Launching!

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the more of a downward angle (with the axle part of the lca being the lowest) the more it will hook. So, yes by moving the lcas from the bottom to the next middle hole, teh car should hook less. I would try jimmyblue's suggestion about using less revs and maybe try to walk it out before mashing it if you're bogging that much. Mine leaves better (doesn't bog) if I let the clutch out over a quarter of a second as opposed to just dropping it.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried running a little more air in the tires to free the car up?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

i will try both of those saguestion thanks for the reply guys
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by starbucks
I think i might have worded the question wrong so let me try it this way. by moving my lower control arms to the middle hole on the relocation brackets is that going to make it hook harder or not as hard as the control arms being placed in the lowest hole on the relocation bracket.

You are correct by moving the lower control arm up one hole it will not plant the rear tire as hard and might keep it from bogging so bad. I would also look at adding tire pressure to help induce some wheel speed to keep it from bogging.

If you want give me a call here at the office I would be more than happy to go over some options for you