Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

corvette brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firehawk
So only the c5 caliper will work on the rear? The e-brake still works fine also?
From my experience, yes. I searched and asked for any info about running the complete set-up on here for about a week and got nothing about running the whole C5 assembly and then talked to the guy at KORE3. The ebrake will work fine when you use the original Fbody PAB. The only advantage is that the C5 caliper is pressure cast and not gravity cast like the Fbody, and it has a larger capacity reservoir behind the piston in the caliper which I suppose equates to more clamping force. If you already have the calipers it is too easy to swap out the rears as well as the fronts. I mean, you still have to bleed the whole system even if you do just the fronts so you might as well do at least the calipers on all four corners.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I got knuckles from a junkyard for $20 a pair. Cut, smoothed, painted, assembled, installed. Was going to keep the original ones but later threw them out with all the other old brake ****.
Seems like some folks got a tight wallet.

if you are trying to call me a cheap *** im not.....hehehe...i just dont know how much they cost in the first place but since now im working at autozone parttime i might get them cheaper, i just hae to make sure that its not some chinease made ****......i think pbr makes them? i bet duralast already made them thought.......

Quick Reply: corvette brakes