Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K-Member Install Cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we got a couple sponsors in our area. TTP is only a 15 minute ride from you. they rebuilt my motor over the summer.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I've done headers on 2 cars, and its pretty freaking scary when you need to raise the car as high as you can get it just to slide the XXXXXX header in.
Only a slight detour from your thread... IF you lift only one side of the car at a time, you can almost always get the headers in just fine. The difference in the front lifted and the side lifted is about 2-3 inches clearance. FYI. "Now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress..."
Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen to my 98 Z-28, my wife drove it to work and lost it somehow, she says she punched it trying to beat traffic and the rear end came around. Anyway my passenger side upper control arm was bent, had to look hard to tell. The spindle pushed the upper torwards the rear of the car and bent it causing the front end to be out of alignment. Granted my K-member wasn't touched. Hopefully it's something simple for you, like everyone else said. A frame shop visit may be needed.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

2002 Trans Am: You can bring it directly to us. I have the newest Snap-On VD31 Visualiner on-site. I will be able to tell you 100% what is or is not bent. I will perform all the diagnosis free of charge whether you fix with us or not.

We are about 20 minutes from Paramus, have a lot of clients in your area.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
2002 Trans Am: You can bring it directly to us. I have the newest Snap-On VD31 Visualiner on-site. I will be able to tell you 100% what is or is not bent. I will perform all the diagnosis free of charge whether you fix with us or not.

We are about 20 minutes from Paramus, have a lot of clients in your area.
****, I spent $250 2 weeks ago having a body shop check it on a Car-o-liner frame machine

Thanks for the offer though want to install my K-Member free of charge

Sorry, I thought it was a frame machine
Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
****, I spent $250 2 weeks ago having a body shop check it on a Car-o-liner frame machine

Thanks for the offer though want to install my K-Member free of charge

Sorry, I thought it was a frame machine
TRY to look at the bright side. At least you know for sure, the unit body is straight, and it IS the k-member that took the hit....

But I know what you mean about spending $250, especially these days....
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

2002 Trans Am: Sorry man, saw this topic a little late over here... Unfortunately I cannot install the k-member for nothing.

However, I do have a k-member, upper/lower a-arm setup from a 02 camaro with less than 4k miles on it (Removed for Spohn) that is in perfect condition. I would be willing to do a package deal that would include the following:

K-Member w/ mount stands (Need your motor mounts/clamshells)
A-Arms (Upper / Lower)
Installation
2 Whl Alignment

I can do everything above for $750 installed including the parts. Or if you are looking aftermarket Spohn or BMR would be great choices. Normal k-member installation through us is $575 + $85 for 2 whl align. Would need the car for one day...
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i wish i lived near TTP great deals and customer service down there huh? saweet... to OP go with the aftermarket deal... CUT SOME WEIGHT BABY! never replace, always upgrade!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
2002 Trans Am: Sorry man, saw this topic a little late over here... Unfortunately I cannot install the k-member for nothing.

However, I do have a k-member, upper/lower a-arm setup from a 02 camaro with less than 4k miles on it (Removed for Spohn) that is in perfect condition. I would be willing to do a package deal that would include the following:

K-Member w/ mount stands (Need your motor mounts/clamshells)
A-Arms (Upper / Lower)
Installation
2 Whl Alignment

I can do everything above for $750 installed including the parts. Or if you are looking aftermarket Spohn or BMR would be great choices. Normal k-member installation through us is $575 + $85 for 2 whl align. Would need the car for one day...

Thanks Matt. I ordered a UMI K-Member and lower A-Arms when they had their 15% Thanksgiving sale

I'm guessing it should be here in a few days
I'll probably get it installed in Jan or Feb as I have a lot of financial things going on right now. (Brother's wedding, my wedding, and hopefully purchase a house)

Quick Reply: K-Member Install Cost