Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS woes

Old 01-10-2009, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS woes

My abs inop light is currently on along with my airbag light. Ive already replaced the abs pump. But that didn't fix it so I scanned the ecbs and the scanner wouldn't communicate with it. I'm wondering if the ecbs is the source of my problems. And if so then could someone point me in the right direction of find one on the cheap. Also would this cause my air bag light to stay on.

This just so happens to be on a 95 firebrid w/o traction control.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably can find replacement pieces cheap as many people switch over to our ABS delete kits...http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_...0Delete%20Kits

I'm sure someone probably has one they can offer you. Check e-bay or the for sale/wanted section of this board.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info. Looks like Ive lucked up and found one at a local salvage yard. Once again thanks for the reply.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
FormerVendor

You're welcome. Hopefully the one that you get works...check to see if they will replace or return the item if it doesn't work.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Gah. OK so maybe the salvaged ECBS didn't work. I cant tell at this point. Seems like the thing isn't getting any power at all. I even looked up the schematics for the power running into it and tested them. No power what so ever. Fuses check out so I cant really do much.

Should my abs inop light stay on even thou the ECBS is unplugged?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not looking at the schematics, check for a fusible link (if all fuses inside of the fuse-box is ok). If it's not getting power, it has to be either a fusible link or the wire is open somewhere.

If ABS is important for you, then keep trying to figure it out or take it to a dealer to repair it. If not, consider our ABS delete kit. You'll never have to worry about ABS again, nor spend additional money repairing it.

3ch ABS is not the best solution imho.

You may try a search as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

I'm considering your kit. Seems like I'm not going to get this thing to go away. Ive had to many problems with the electrical on this car. *sigh. Anyway does your kit remedy the whole abs inop light deal. I'm getting really tired of it.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by J-13gtp
I'm considering your kit. Seems like I'm not going to get this thing to go away. Ive had to many problems with the electrical on this car. *sigh. Anyway does your kit remedy the whole abs inop light deal. I'm getting really tired of it.
Our kits will remove the entire ABS block and bracket. This will drop about 15lbs from your front end, increase air flow, increase space and remove further issues from your car's ABS system. You will be able to easily run a variety of size tires with no issues. You will be able to tune your brake bias due to the adjustable proportioning valve. You will also be able to easily take care of your lighting issues as well. It's designed to be used with a line lock, if you do not have one, you can add the whole line lock kit option for 40.00. The base system starts at 139.99.

Call me tomorrow when I'm in my office. Removing ABS isn't for everyone. It does work ok (4ch is better) on a stock car...modifying the cars though creates problems that the ABS system OEM tuning cannot handle which can create braking issues.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Removing ABS isn't for everyone. It does work ok (4ch is better) on a stock car...modifying the cars though creates problems that the ABS system OEM tuning cannot handle which can create braking issues.
So this abs delete removes the abs pump, what about the ECBS? And what kind of braking issues are we talking about here?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by J-13gtp
So this abs delete removes the abs pump, what about the ECBS? And what kind of braking issues are we talking about here?
You'll be completely removing everything and replacing it with pre-formed lines as well as other components.

Give me a call tomorrow. It is easier to discuss. I'm calling it an evening.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS woes