Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

just inatslled BMR adj. torque arm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just inatslled BMR adj. torque arm!!!

I did it all in my garage and now my ride feels very weird...I hope I adjusted it correctly..should I take it to shop to have them do it or do you guys have any tips on an easy way to do it in your garage w/ no lift and only jack stands? Help please my ride sucks....it feels unsteardy kinda.thanks guys.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Did you adjust the pinion angle according to our video:

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/
http://www.bmrtvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=3788

If you have any questions, just give Lee a call here at the office. He's the best F-Body Tech guy in the suspension industry!!

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Teching In

yes I did but im not sure if the car was completely level..Does it have to be completely level for accurate readings?..I had the car all the way off the ground about 2 feet but not sure if it was level.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by raljr9
yes I did but im not sure if the car was completely level..Does it have to be completely level for accurate readings?..I had the car all the way off the ground about 2 feet but not sure if it was level.
If its not level your readings will not be correct. You need to have it as level as possible. Make sure you take your readings with the suspension loaded.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

how do you load a suspension? btw, i bought a bmr k member and sould be coming any day does that have to be loaded too? i don't understand how to load a car if its off the ground
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have jackstands under body of car, put level on door rails,, then jack up diff with jack almost to where it lifts car off rear jack stands. im no pro but i am a helicopter mech.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Jack up the car and rest all 4 tires on drive-up ramps. As long as you are working on a level surface the car will be level and the suspension will be loaded.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
Jack up the car and rest all 4 tires on drive-up ramps. As long as you are working on a level surface the car will be level and the suspension will be loaded.
I have 4 race ramps I drive up on but this is basically what I do. Works well and you don't have to try jacking the rearend.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

so what suspension parts are the ones required to be loaded when installed? lca's,phb,tq arm &tq arm relocation,etc? when i got install my bmr k member do i have to load the suspension after i installed the k member do i tighten everything down under load?bmr?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
so what suspension parts are the ones required to be loaded when installed? lca's,phb,tq arm &tq arm relocation,etc? when i got install my bmr k member do i have to load the suspension after i installed the k member do i tighten everything down under load?bmr?

You will want to tighten down the front a-arms with the suspension under load also. I have seen customers tighten the a-arms down with the suspension at full droop and then have issues either with bushing failure or ride height being high or incorrect in the front.