Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

loud pop ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default loud pop ?

My rear suspension is making clunk noise, so I tight up every thing ( few of the bolt is kinda loose ). any i did spay wd-40 all over, car stop making any noise now, but when im on ROUGH road I heard a loud pop on my rear driver side. or if i make a right turn fast, i heard that pop noise too. im plan to buy rear end packet and shock in the next 3 week ( have to pay all the bill first ). any one have any ideal ? thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would guess its the lower control arms in the back. I had the same thing happen when they werent tightened enough. I think they call for 84 lbs-ft.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A few ideas for you!

Hello
Seeing how you are talking about getting a rear end package in the next three weeks. I take it that the rear end is all stock suspension parts? If that is true then you might have a bad bushing and the noise you hear is the sleeve. Either in the pan hard bar or the lower control arms. Just to throw this out there for you. UMI Performance offers a few rear end suspension packages! Below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=138

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Seeing how you are talking about getting a rear end package in the next three weeks. I take it that the rear end is all stock suspension parts? If that is true then you might have a bad bushing and the noise you hear is the sleeve. Either in the pan hard bar or the lower control arms. Just to throw this out there for you. UMI Performance offers a few rear end suspension packages! Below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=138

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Hi, yes im getting 1982 - 2002 GM F-Body Tubular Lower Control Arms and Non-Ajustable Panhard Bar Kit

are these hard to install ? do I have to take it to the professional ? and I also see the option where I can get grease, can I get it from part store ? thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
Hi, yes im getting 1982 - 2002 GM F-Body Tubular Lower Control Arms and Non-Ajustable Panhard Bar Kit

are these hard to install ? do I have to take it to the professional ? and I also see the option where I can get grease, can I get it from part store ? thanks
its two bolts per bar, not hard at all in my opinion.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, just to give you another option we also offer packages for your car or i can make you a custom package. All of the parts are easy installs with just your basic hand tools. The grease is a synthetic based grease. If you can't find it at your local auto parts or marine supply store we also offer it. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, just to give you another option we also offer packages for your car or i can make you a custom package. All of the parts are easy installs with just your basic hand tools. The grease is a synthetic based grease. If you can't find it at your local auto parts or marine supply store we also offer it. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
Thanks, what do you think of TOKICO HP SERIES SHOCKS, they are right on my budget, are they great for daily drive ? I want it handling great and smooth. btw wat different between from 82-92 third gen shock and 93-02 shock ? thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hello
Thank you for choosing UMI Performance! They are not hard at all to install when it comes to the lower control arms just do one side at a time! Doing so keep the rear end from shifting. And when installing the pan hard bar do the chassis end first. And as far as the grease we offer it (3008) for $14.99 or you can get it at a local parts store. If you have any other questions or problems feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: loud pop ?