Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stainless Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Brake Lines

Wheres the best/cheapest place to get them for LS1 Camaro brakes? I have looked a few places and they all seem pretty high priced.

Right now I'm kinda broke so I'm just doing fronts, I can get rubber ones for $40, but have seen stainless for about $80, and just seeing if theres someplace to get them cheaper

Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll assume you're referring to braided brake lines replacing your rubber lines.

Prices will vary according to manufacture, design and quality of materials. Another factor may be what certifications are included. For example, some are DOT certified, some are not. Brake components are probably not an area where you want to go for necessarily the least expensive. If funds are tight, consider waiting unless absolutely necessary. We have complete kits listed on our website for your car in our braking system http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_lt1.html. If you've converted to LS1fronts on your LT1, we still have a complete kit for you.

I wouldn't advise changing only a few lines. If you want the best brake response from lagging old lines, you have a minimum of 5 rubber lines that could be replaced...all affecting the performance of your brake system if they are old or damaged.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

i ordered a set from SJM, should be here this week. I'll have a set of fronts for sale as i'm doing cts-v / zo6 front brakes. I e-mailed SJM and they responded extremly quick and were very helpful in my selection, hell i ordered a linelock from them at the same time lol. cant wait to test that baby out lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Wheres the best/cheapest place to get them for LS1 Camaro brakes? I have looked a few places and they all seem pretty high priced.

Right now I'm kinda broke so I'm just doing fronts, I can get rubber ones for $40, but have seen stainless for about $80, and just seeing if theres someplace to get them cheaper

Thanks in advance

Somehow, I don't think that "cheaper" and "brake lines" belong in the same sentence......
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Jesus, most ot the brake lines are all the same. I went to a swap meet and a guy was selling stock car lines for $10 a line. No they werent DOT approved, but not much else is. And they were russel lines IIRC, and I'm sure they would last forever considering the extreme heat and pressure those cars have

I'll just put stock lines on for now I guess since I can't afford spending $150 right now
Old 07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

Turnin20's,

As you may be aware, not every product is manufactured the same. We all don't erroneously charge whatever prices we want so we can make more money. Different materials are used, different processes, different design all factor into the final price of an item. Though some things may look similar, they may not be.

I'd consider giving Killer Z a PM or email, since he's going to have a few extra lines of what you've asked for, he seems willing to offer you a new set of fronts.

Killer Z, thank you for your order. Please let me know if I can assist you with additional questions or concerns . I know all orders from this weekend were shipped today, I’d imagine yours left today too (I don’t know your real name…so I cannot verify 100%. You should receive tracking numbers if it did.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Turnin20's,

As you may be aware, not every product is manufactured the same. We all don't erroneously charge whatever prices we want so we can make more money. Different materials are used, different processes, different design all factor into the final price of an item. Though some things may look similar, they may not be.
I never suggested that the prices are marked up to whatever you want them to be, but like I said I don't NEED all the brake lines right now, you do have a pretty good deal though and I have thought about ordering a line lock kit, but money is tight and I just want to get my car out and be able to get some miles on it before the snow falls again.

And I'm not stupid, I know things may look the same but not be the same. But just because something says that its DOT approved doesn't exactly mean that its better if you understand where I'm coming from.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Totally understand. No disrepect intended.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Totally understand. No disrepect intended.
not to steal the thread but i tried to pm you this morning but noticed i couldnt so i sent an email from the main homepage if you cant check it ASAP and let me know the email is under the name Hunter

thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Turnin20's,

I'd consider giving Killer Z a PM or email, since he's going to have a few extra lines of what you've asked for, he seems willing to offer you a new set of fronts.

Killer Z, thank you for your order. Please let me know if I can assist you with additional questions or concerns . I know all orders from this weekend were shipped today, I’d imagine yours left today too (I don’t know your real name…so I cannot verify 100%. You should receive tracking numbers if it did.
yeah i recieved the e-mail. should be here monday. thanks for the prompt response.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Trunion King

I wouldn't advise changing only a few lines. If you want the best brake response from lagging old lines, you have a minimum of 5 rubber lines that could be replaced...all affecting the performance of your brake system if they are old or damaged.
I have no intentions of hijacking the OP's thread however you mentioned minimum of 5 rubber lines?

I remember when I bought my SS braided line I received 5 SS braided lines but only replace four that I thought that only needed to be replaced.

Where is this 5th rubber brake line one that I missed? Heck where are the other ones?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

At the center section. If you had TCS, you would have actually two of them...
Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yes with TCS there is a total of 6, the 2 others are on the left of the car right above the axle tube....

Quick Reply: Stainless Brake Lines