Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PA Racing K-Member Very Poor

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PA Racing K-Member Very Poor

Well, what can I say other then you get what you pay for. Recieved all the parts a few paint chips but looked ok. Started install and what a disaster.
First: Installed K-Member with engine and the entire engine is crooked. At least an inch. The Headers are know rubbing on the frame of the car, transmisson mount will have to be pryed to bolt in. Contiuned to install arms and measure stock arms and put PA arms to exact Length. Installed and struts will not line up with arms unless you bend them backwards. Called and left several messages. About 3 days later get a call from the guy telling me he has made thousands and never had this problem. We come to the conclusion to buy a set of QA1's and new strut mounts. (To the tune of a thousand dallors) Feeling better we go to install them and low and behold the same problem. The passenger Wheel is so far forward it rubs the bumper and the driverside is still in inch off. We installed a jack under the motor, loosened all the bolts, raised the car to get enough play to try and persuede the k member into the correct position. No such luck. If you have ever installed one you would know that there are location pins the line into the frame and they are in the correct spot. I start looking on there website and found a few customers were not happy with there product and what i recieved looks nothing like what is pictured. I make a phone call to them and ask if they would send me another after exhausting every option to make this work, and they tell me to pound sand. Send it back so we can see what is going on. Well how am i supposed to do that when the car has all ready tied up a rack in my shop for two weeks.... I ask him to send me another with a call tag to return the old one and we can do a swap. They say absolutly not to protect themselves. After going through this with them for a couple weeks I would think they would just take care of the problem, i mean what can this part really cost them 150 bucks worth of steel and some cheap paint. But no. when you have a problem with something from summit or jegs, they send you a new piece and a call tag to return the defective merchandise. If you do not return the back bill your card which is the same process we do at our facility.
Not the case here, just take the money and pound sand. Not that they care but I will contacting the BBB and make it a life long goal to ensure no other consumer has to go through the same problems. It is not like i can roll the car out of the shop and just move on, or as simple as a brake job. the entire car has to be taken back apart. Thanks PA for your service...Ifanyone would like to join us in burning and smashing this product please PM.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails PA Racing K-Member Very Poor-picture-video-019.jpg   PA Racing K-Member Very Poor-picture-video-020.jpg   PA Racing K-Member Very Poor-picture-video-021.jpg   PA Racing K-Member Very Poor-picture-video-022.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats really bad. It's unfortunate when companies do stuff like this. Especially when the piece is obviously built wrong. What are you going to do to get this cleared up?

On a side note: Whats the name of the shop in St. Charles? I work in St Charles and don't know of any performance places.

~Jim~
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea that is really bad, I don't understand how company's can not have a 'form' of customer support, its just bad business. Well man I hope you get it figured out, I was thinking of getting one of these K-members, perhaps not anymore.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ve used (I think) three of there k members. All had no problems at all. I ve also use bmr probably three times also....all without an issue.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Im sure the guy is very capable of building nice stuff. That is not the issue. the issue was the this piece does not fit. They were very defensive and did not want to help me. It is a problem for me to remove the entire under carrage of a car more then twice to try and remedee a problem, especially for free. I had a spohn setup over nighted to me and will replace it. I am throwing the old one away. My dealings with them have been poor and that is it. For $100 bucks worth of cheap steal and even cheaper paint I would have taken care of my customer. good luck to them but they will never see a penny from me.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

ttt....
Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

That sucks, bad!! I don't see how companies that treat customers like that, stay in business.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Talking K-member return

Hello I am the one you spoke with @ Pa and I never said I wouldn't send a call tag nor did we discuss a call tag. All I stated was there is no record of you ever buying a K-member from Pa Racing in the past 8 yrs! How do I know what or who's parts you have. (for all I know you could have an old Pro Fab one that was bought off e-bay) I do have on record that you did purchase one set of arms in 2008. Also let it be noted he told me he had this k-member for about 3 yrs. I said I would be more than willing to help you, but I could not just send you a part @ no cost without charging you then once I had your part I would issue you a complete refund. I would be more than happy to help anyone out until they tell me what I am or am not going to do! I was willing to check your part out on our jig (free of charge might I say) and help in what ever way I could. Guys like yourself is what has made me change how I deal with the average guy on return stuff. I've been doing stuff on this site and others for about 8-10 yrs and i'm sure i've helped more guys out than pissed off. All I can say is post all the facts before you get the flaming going i'm a big boy and can handle it.

Last edited by nyytrousboy; 09-30-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: add call tag info
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Talking Paint

And also I've never just spray painted a part. 100% anything that leaves my shop is Powder Coated! Sounds like to me you bought a Pro Fab Unit that he use to sell on here dirt cheap and got what you payed for!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

pa.. The arms were bought directly threw you. The K-member Was purchased threw F-Bodymotorsports in NC, as discussed in prior phone conversations. I did ask you to send another out and i would send you the old one back and that I was a shop and am reputable. You had said no. Period. I have been takling to you about this for a couple of weeks now and it is yours because there is a PA sticker right on the front. Otherwise I would not waste your time or my time tring to remedee the problem. Not only that, it was days before i would get a response from your shop. Like I said on the phone, there is a problem and no one says you can not build anything correctly but you said to purchase another and then you would refund my money. I am sorry but i am not going to foot the shipping back to you and then purchase another k-member assuming I might have the problem. if you would like i will contact F-body motorsports and get a reciept. Im a big boy to and i am not the only one that has had problems. I did everything you asked me to do, and some. Sorry but i am tired of pulling the engine out of this car tring to get this thing to work, on top of that who knows what kind of problems we will run into when we go to align the car. All you said was to take it all back apart and ship it back to you. That would not work in this case as I tried to be reasonable with you and you treated me i have no clue what the hell i am doing. So, sorry it had to be like this and that is it.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAS1998
pa.. The arms were bought directly threw you. The K-member Was purchased threw F-Bodymotorsports in NC, as discussed in prior phone conversations. I did ask you to send another out and i would send you the old one back and that I was a shop and am reputable. You had said no. Period. I have been takling to you about this for a couple of weeks now and it is yours because there is a PA sticker right on the front. Otherwise I would not waste your time or my time tring to remedee the problem. Not only that, it was days before i would get a response from your shop. Like I said on the phone, there is a problem and no one says you can not build anything correctly but you said to purchase another and then you would refund my money. I am sorry but i am not going to foot the shipping back to you and then purchase another k-member assuming I might have the problem. if you would like i will contact F-body motorsports and get a reciept. Im a big boy to and i am not the only one that has had problems. I did everything you asked me to do, and some. Sorry but i am tired of pulling the engine out of this car tring to get this thing to work, on top of that who knows what kind of problems we will run into when we go to align the car. All you said was to take it all back apart and ship it back to you. That would not work in this case as I tried to be reasonable with you and you treated me i have no clue what the hell i am doing. So, sorry it had to be like this and that is it.
Mike, you need to get your head on straight here.....FIRST, not everyone, cause I already stated that Ive used several, and had NO ISSUES. So you are lieing by stating that "everyone" and its right in front of you.

Second, you never stated you bought it threw another shop....3 years ago? Thats def relavent......maybe they had bought a pa.....and used the sticker on another unit they had...

For the record, I agree with the PA guy...(I dont know him) but everyone I ve received or seen for that matter was powered coated. So it appears VERY possible that the shop that sold it to you, is WHO you should be talking too.

You even said it yourself, that what you have looks nothing like the pictures they have on there site. CLUE......NUMBER 1.

Why didnt you just have them charge you (your business) to return it then get a refund? Any business does this regularly. Sounds like your business either doesnt have 400$ in the account....or you know it may not be a pa unit. hmmmm.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

hell! dont throw it away.
at least send it back and maybe youll get a new one and can sell it to recoup your losses.
i have a PA unit in my 3rd gen and am happy with it. with i would have got a chrome moly unit, but i wasnt interested in weight reduction at the time.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up K-member/Service

I've never heard of nor sold anything to F-body Motorsports? I checked back to 2003 and have never sold them any product. Sorry but things like this is why I do business like I do. There is plenty of people out there that have did business with me in the past 10 yrs and I will bet few was treated wrong. I don't know you deal with when you order parts for your shop but I know I deal with a lot of companies and I have zero that will send me anything weather it's right or wrong without charging me first before they send anything out. I'm still not saying there couldn't be something wrong with your unit but when guys act like you are I have no desire to help them. I'm a business (you yourself should know this) I've got to do what is best for our business. I would have to say all the times i've sent parts out with out taking there card number or money first (and I would bet out of ten times nine have never sent there parts in). Also the main reason you didn't get any sooner reply is i'm not some big super shop I'm pretty much a one man band there is only so much I can do and If you leave a message I do call back within 1-2 hrs but when guys call 20 times and leave no messages there is nothing I can do. I would still like to help (because thats just how I am) and also I am always interested when there is a problem of any sort and your problem has never and I say never came up!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you created a thread which bashes a part made by a certain shop and it turns out they didn't even make it LOL...
Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

F-Bodymotorsports/ Thirg Gen Resource.... huntersville NC. now it is youngs fbody. I worked for them when we ordered this unit. is it possible they bought second hand from someone you sell to. I know for a fact it was a PA. Also this was not a bash on you like stated in other posts but, i have talked to you several times prior to this recent issue. I guess it is possible for someone to switch the sticker. But i worked for roy and stacy at this shop and do not think they would do something like that they really had no reason too, they took the money right out of my check.

As far as sending a part with out payment.. you have my billing info on file im sure so what would be the problem. and to 1320, I commend your statement to stick up for something you have not had trouble with. However $400 is alot of money. and believe me my buisness has that. im an sure all my info is on file at pa and if they have made thousands of these i am sure there is one sitting there. So what is the big deal to send me one and i can put the old one back in the box and ship it right to him. Also he would incur the merchant charges for runnig the credit card. So why use and lose money where you do not have to. I would not waste his time or my time if this was not a PA product. Maybe they have chagned there design over the years. Maybe the guy who built it made a mistake, what ever the case may be this thread was to state my opinion So Like I said before no one is bashing this guy, and I am sure he can build nice stuff. I had a problem and needed to solve it in a timely manner, which we could not come to an agreement to get done. I moved on and got another product and the car is on the ground. This is the most response i have ever recieved out of PA. Anyway I hope everyone can move on and what can i say other then this cost me alot more then it should have.
PA sorry it had to come to this but i sent you photos and did everything you asked me to do. Also stated to you i am a shop and needed to get the car out of the bay. I wish we could have worked together but it did not work out.

Last edited by DAS1998; 10-01-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Most businesses dont keep billing information. I call lots of places many times, and each time Im asked for the number. Some do, but not many due to the security that needs to be in place to protect them from fraud.

Since they (pa) couldnt find the original order, what do you really expect? I m glad you got it worked out, and the car on the ground. Im deal with the same issues in my shop , and definately understand the need sometimes to expedite things. Thats why I dont build cars on a timeline anymore, or "have to make a race".
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
FormerVendor

Exclamation Billing Info

We don't keep any billing info on file past about 30 days. I do have your address and invoice on the arms. I still don't have anything on any of the shops you've named as for the k-member purchase. Also I can never really understand the hurry/rush of a part that was bought 3 yrs ago? I do try and get stuff turned around but I mean really what can be done for things like this?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

well this entire deal has turned into a mess for all of us. an any case we have it done and have moved on. and you are right some companies do and some do not but surely we could have worked it out.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Default billng info

your right... this was a tough situation. the car had sold and has been being built for a couple of years and everything came down to simply install the engine, plug everything in and tune and see ya. The k-member had been mocked up in the car for awhile. the first time we had installed the engine the suspension did not fit or operate correctl. conversations prior to this. The car is finished now and that is what matters. we are on to the next fbody and now hopefully this can stop.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

how bout a nice pic of the k member in question for everyone to see?

Quick Reply: PA Racing K-Member Very Poor