Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Illustration of where the rear bump stops and rubber spring isolators are?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Illustration of where the rear bump stops and rubber spring isolators are?

I need to locate these but I don't know what I'm looking at.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Don't have a pic, but take your rear wheel off, looking from the side of the car, look at your axle, look straight above it and you will see the bump stop ( a orange or yellowish color) bolted to the car with two bolts. Its the only thing that you can see from the side bolted to the car on the inner fender.

The spring isolators are located on top of the rear springs and only are accessible by taking the rear springs off.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chad01Z28
Don't have a pic, but take your rear wheel off, looking from the side of the car, look at your axle, look straight above it and you will see the bump stop ( a orange or yellowish color) bolted to the car with two bolts. Its the only thing that you can see from the side bolted to the car on the inner fender.

The spring isolators are located on top of the rear springs and only are accessible by taking the rear springs off.
Ok, I just checked out and took some pics. Unfortunately I had to use the crappy digital camera since my wife has the good one right now.

Please tell me if these are the right things.
Attached Thumbnails Illustration of where the rear bump stops and rubber spring isolators are?-rear-bump-stop-arrow.jpg   Illustration of where the rear bump stops and rubber spring isolators are?-spring-isolator-arrow.jpg  
Old 01-11-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

David, i just wanted to say that your car has always been one of my favorites and ive had a few of your shots as a screen saver. I have a hugger orange 99 Z28 that im doing a lot of the same things too. You need to go to year one and pick up some of there black houndstooth seat covers for your get up. !
Old 01-12-2004, 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

Yep, thats them.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobie
David, i just wanted to say that your car has always been one of my favorites and ive had a few of your shots as a screen saver. I have a hugger orange 99 Z28 that im doing a lot of the same things too. You need to go to year one and pick up some of there black houndstooth seat covers for your get up. !
Thx! I'm not much into the whole houndstooth thing myself though. I'm leaning towards black leather racing seats at the moment.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chad01Z28
Yep, thats them.
Awesome, thx.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

No problem.

Quick Reply: Illustration of where the rear bump stops and rubber spring isolators are?