Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wow just my luck. Right koni sa blown ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wow just my luck. Right koni sa blown ???

Went to stiffen them up a tad more. Right front adjustment spins forever in both directions

WTF. I had them opened up on top to put the ground control springs on so no warranty. They were bought used so no surprise anyways but how muh are they gonna rape me to rebuild these? Can i have them stiffen the compression a bit too ?

Hshduduedjshshsgagwuwiiwbdhxudbe
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Had no probs with kyb gas ajust on sportlines... I get konis used with springs twice as stiff and I'm rewarded with this shiiiiii ....
Old 06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is why I always advise not to buy used shocks, you don't know if they are blown (or revalved) until you get them.
Do it right and get some new koni 4/3s and a good ride height, you wont beat the handling with a cheaper setup.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Ya ur right. I had bilsteins on order twice in the last few weeks and cancelled when these popped for $500.

Now, when I was installing them the adjustments did stop. It's only been a few weeks installed maybe I blew em I won't know.

I know that I held my tongue when I was installing them and compressed them down with my weight one strut would release faster than the other. I did it a bunch of times with the same result. I literally just refused to believe that they were bad.

The car still drives decent I can't even tell if there's anything wrong really. Anyone know if compression could be fine and only the rebound is messed ?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Possibility that te shock may not have been fully extended? Tires were touching the floor just a bit I think ibwas changing oil at the same time
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
Possibility that te shock may not have been fully extended? Tires were touching the floor just a bit I think ibwas changing oil at the same time
The front shocks do not need to be extended in order to adjust them (that is if you can get to them without raising the car a little )
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Ok had my hopes up lol . I'll call koni and see what my options are. Anyone know what they charge to rebuild fronts and bump the compression too are ?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
Ok had my hopes up lol . I'll call koni and see what my options are. Anyone know what they charge to rebuild fronts and bump the compression too are ?
Don't get ahead of yourself here, why do you think you need more compression? Because what you are feeling now is a blow out shock, your compression dampening could be off as well (not to mention if your car is lower than a sportline drop like you claimed, then it is WAY too low for anything useful.)

Quick Reply: Wow just my luck. Right koni sa blown ???