Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Sports: w/free shipping starting @ $890/set

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Koni Sports: w/free shipping starting @ $890/set

No need to buy springs, no need to buy anything else. Lots of both types of single adjustables are in stock. And you can buy from someone who knows the shocks better than anyone (and can help you with the setup with direct experience). Also certain Koni's come in Sport and non-Sport versions--seems like not everyone knows that--and there in fact some Koni's that are the same part numbers but NOT Sport valved..... It pays to buy from someone who not only knows the product inside and out and has for years, but USES them with past and continued success.

Much like tuning your car on a dyno, which anyone can try to do if they have the tools, it's the knowledge that gets you the really good results.

Buy a set of "4/3" shocks (8241-1139 Sport fronts + 30-1265 Sport rears) for $890 to your door. Also, Strano Performance Parts is the company who figured this setup out. Nobody before had sold that combination, and probably nobody else can tell you how it differs exactly from the 4/4 setup. I've also used this setup in competition, and won with it.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

Buy a set of "4/4" shocks (8241-1139 Sport + 8241-1140 Sport) for $995 to your door. I've also used these in competition and can again explain the differences.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&PartID=20

I invite you guys to call me and call other vendors. Ask questions, see what you get for answers, and decide who to buy from based on that. Check the pricing, I think you'll find that Strano Performance Parts offers, by far, the best value of price and knowledge you'll find, period.

I also carry KYB AGX, Tokico, and Bilstein shocks as well as Edelbrock and KW Coil-overs. Nobody has sort of coverage--and if one of those things suits yous needs better, I'll not only tell you that but you know I'm not telling you that because I can't supply something else.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah....thanks for posting this right after my comment on the slp bilsteins! I'm glad I don't have the cash saved up for this right now...cause I'd be whipping out my debit card in a split second!....after I called you of course....
Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Sam I have been chatting with Chris quite frequently. Will be getting some of these Koni's for the TA here shortly!

-Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 09-23-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Man, I may have to jump on this! Sam, are your springs back in stock? I looked at the website but it says June/July 2010.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Springs are most definitely in stock Sorry I didn't have they correct there on the actual parts listing. It's now changed.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Sam I have been chatting with Chris quite frequently. Will be getting some of these Koni's for the TA here shortly!

-Jon
Jon-- Nice to put an avatar to the name. If you have any questions, please feel free to call.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Sam,

It's been a few months since I've got your springs and Koni's in and talked with you on the install.

Just wanted to let you know the install went smoothly and I am very satisfied with the ride and handling. I still find myself expecting the worst when I come up on a bump, dip etc in the road, haha. The suspension handles everything just fine, it's firm and not harsh and over all a quieter ride. I remember first talking to you and telling you my car feels big and like a boat, now it just feels light on it's "feet" and like a new car. My car is a daily driver and this setup works out great. I even look for longer routes on my way home from work now! You provided me with great service and information. Thank you, I look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Daniel
Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Daniel--

Thank you for the update! I'm so glad to hear you are pleased and your results are exactly what we aim for when doing that setup.

I'm not planning on going anywhere. If you are after anything (even if you don't see it on my website, I can't keep up with every possible part so it's more focused on the big movers) please contact me and would love to keep the business of a happy customer!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Sam,

A month or so ago, you sold me a set of Strano springs and a set of Koni DA shocks. I haven't installed them yet, but I hope to get them installed within a few weeks.

You may not remember, but I was the guy who was going to buy a Fays2 Watts Linkage from you, BUT YOU SUGGESTED I HOLD OFF, INSTALL THE SPRINGS/SHOCKS AND LEARN FROM THAT INSTALLATION.

Folks, here's a small business owner, Sam Strano, who COULD HAVE just let me buy a $650 piece, but INSTEAD he wanted me to learn from the springs/shocks modifications before spending more money. WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT SAM STRANO?

Sam - I too am a small business owner. Unrelated to the business you're in, but still a SBO. Trust me, keep operating the way you have and did with me and you'll have continued success.

Your knowledge, expertise, and HONEST approach is a formula for success!

BTW, congratulations on your recent championship win. A customer for life!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by rockojugs
Sam,

A month or so ago, you sold me a set of Strano springs and a set of Koni DA shocks. I haven't installed them yet, but I hope to get them installed within a few weeks.

You may not remember, but I was the guy who was going to buy a Fays2 Watts Linkage from you, BUT YOU SUGGESTED I HOLD OFF, INSTALL THE SPRINGS/SHOCKS AND LEARN FROM THAT INSTALLATION.

Folks, here's a small business owner, Sam Strano, who COULD HAVE just let me buy a $650 piece, but INSTEAD he wanted me to learn from the springs/shocks modifications before spending more money. WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT SAM STRANO?

Sam - I too am a small business owner. Unrelated to the business you're in, but still a SBO. Trust me, keep operating the way you have and did with me and you'll have continued success.

Your knowledge, expertise, and HONEST approach is a formula for success!

BTW, congratulations on your recent championship win. A customer for life!
Thank you for being open-minded and not thinking I was just trying to be a jerk (some folks think that when I'm trying to help them not overspend)....

I would prefer to have a customer for a long time than get an easy one-time sale. In the short run that might hurt, but the idea is that in the long run it's better for both of us. I get repeat business and you get a setup that you really like for a long, long time. Some days I think I'm nuts for operating that way, but in the end it's what I know to do, and it's the right thing (I think so anyway).

Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

How do the Koni SA's do during drag racing? Obviously drag shocks would be better, but ride quality suffers.

Trying to find the middle ground here and get benefits of both. Currently debating Afco DA w/ their springs in front or Koni SA all aorund. Only problem is I already have lowering springs, so ride quality will be even worse on drag shocks. I also know the Koni's would control the added weight of my Strange 12 bolt better. I only want to buy shocks once and be done with it.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I can tell you this.... Koni's are way better at drag racing than drag shocks are at controlling the car everywhere else. It's been mentioned a hundred times but I have a customer that had a combination of Afco's and QA1's (I don't recall which were at which end). He 60'ed better 1.50 on the Koni's than on the Afco/QA1 (1.58), so not bad.

And this was NOT a fully drag setup car, I mention this because I know that 1.50 isn't awesome but it also doesn't suck.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I can tell you this.... Koni's are way better at drag racing than drag shocks are at controlling the car everywhere else. It's been mentioned a hundred times but I have a customer that had a combination of Afco's and QA1's (I don't recall which were at which end). He 60'ed better 1.50 on the Koni's than on the Afco/QA1 (1.58), so not bad.

And this was NOT a fully drag setup car, I mention this because I know that 1.50 isn't awesome but it also doesn't suck.
Very good point! Maybe I can just buy Koni fronts now, rears later. Dropping a grand all at once is tough
Old 09-24-2010, 06:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can certainly buy fronts and rears separately, not a problem. And since I'm out of your home state, there is no sales tax either.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Saw this thread and I figured I would ask questions here.

Can someone (Sam ) recommend me which shocks to get. I am definitely going with Koni, just not sure which one. My car is mostly a weekend car, and I dont drive it hard. But, I do want it to handle and look nice just in case I want to go to a road course against my buddy's supra.

I know Koni has 4/3 which you need to take off to adjust it and 4/4 for the on-car adjustables? Am I right? I am totally blind when it comes to shock, so a little education would be greatly appreciated.

Also, which shock do you recommend? Since it's not gonna be a DD, I do want the shock to be firm but not harsh.

BTW - I am going with Strano Springs to lower it.

Thanks!

Sid.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by tmdz28
Saw this thread and I figured I would ask questions here.

Can someone (Sam ) recommend me which shocks to get. I am definitely going with Koni, just not sure which one. My car is mostly a weekend car, and I dont drive it hard. But, I do want it to handle and look nice just in case I want to go to a road course against my buddy's supra.

I know Koni has 4/3 which you need to take off to adjust it and 4/4 for the on-car adjustables? Am I right? I am totally blind when it comes to shock, so a little education would be greatly appreciated.

Also, which shock do you recommend? Since it's not gonna be a DD, I do want the shock to be firm but not harsh.

BTW - I am going with Strano Springs to lower it.

Thanks!

Sid.
Sid--

I'd be happy to help, but in the end they are both Koni's and both adjustable. 4/4's are both quicker and easier to adjust, but also offer a number of more adjustment positions as well. They are easier to dial in to exactly what you like best. 4/3's have only 4 settings on the rear shocks, meaning you might find yourself wanting to be in-between the available settings.

I always start with a 4/4 recommendation as they are more flexible. The 4/3 is more about saving some money without having to run a junk set of shocks, simply a get what you pay for type deal. Take 4/4's out and 4/3's are still the best set of shocks you're going to put on the car....

Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Sid--

I'd be happy to help, but in the end they are both Koni's and both adjustable. 4/4's are both quicker and easier to adjust, but also offer a number of more adjustment positions as well. They are easier to dial in to exactly what you like best. 4/3's have only 4 settings on the rear shocks, meaning you might find yourself wanting to be in-between the available settings.

I always start with a 4/4 recommendation as they are more flexible. The 4/3 is more about saving some money without having to run a junk set of shocks, simply a get what you pay for type deal. Take 4/4's out and 4/3's are still the best set of shocks you're going to put on the car....
Thank you Sam. If you dont mind, I would like to share my suspension modding plan with you, and please correct me if i am going in the wrong direction.

At the moment, I am thinking about beefing up some of my suspension parts. The items that I will replace/add will be: BMR SFC, BMR STB, UMI on car adjustable LCA with poly-roto joint, on-car adjustable PHB with poly-roto joint and UMI front and rear sway bars. Then, next year, I will be purchasing a set of Koni 4/4 from you (worth the $100 price difference compared to 4/3 IMO) and a set of strano springs as the final touch.

Do you think it would be a good decision or should I go with Koni first?

Again, this is not a drag/track car, my goal is to make the car drives as nice as possible and to make the car feels as solid as possible.

I thank you for your advice.

Sid.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would absolutely work do shocks, springs, bars before any of the other items. They are much, much important. And if it makes you feel any better, my car has no SFCs, stock LCA's (though it has 1LE bushings) and no STB. I'd spend the money you save on the better parts like the 4/4 over the 4/3, you could also then get the hollow bars and save an easy 20 pounds vs. solids.

And if/when you decide on SFC's, which I would not do until your suspension is done because the difference is MASSIVE, then I'd recommend UMI stuff (and I sell their entire line) because they have a much greater selection of SFC's than does BMR.

Don't let anyone screw with you, the car isn't falling apart. The problem is the shocks are terrible and do a lousy job at dealing with impact harshness and are just as bad at not making the car take a good set. That's what you want isn't it? You want a car that is secure and gives a locked down kind of feel, right?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Launching!

I would absolutely work do shocks, springs, bars before any of the other items. They are much, much important. And if it makes you feel any better, my car has no SFCs, stock LCA's (though it has 1LE bushings) and no STB. I'd spend the money you save on the better parts like the 4/4 over the 4/3, you could also then get the hollow bars and save an easy 20 pounds vs. solids.

And if/when you decide on SFC's, which I would not do until your suspension is done because the difference is MASSIVE, then I'd recommend UMI stuff (and I sell their entire line) because they have a much greater selection of SFC's than does BMR.

Don't let anyone screw with you, the car isn't falling apart. The problem is the shocks are terrible and do a lousy job at dealing with impact harshness and are just as bad at not making the car take a good set. That's what you want isn't it? You want a car that is secure and gives a locked down kind of feel, right?
Wow, thanks! The only problem is I already purchased both BMR STB and BMR SFC, just havent install it yet. Also, one thing that I forgot to note, my car is a convertible.

I think I will follow your advice, I will wait and save up a little longer and get the Konis along with spring and adjustable PHB. Then adjustable LCA, sway bars along with installation of the SFC.

You are right, I want the locked down, solid/rigid feel. Right now, my f-bod feels too loose and unpredictable.

Thanks!

Sid.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well if you have them, I guess you should put them on.... Too bad as I have a kit that had a bit of a discount with SFC's and a STB both--but I would have, as I mentioned earlier, waited to recommend that to you if you'd have asked.

Quick Reply: Koni Sports: w/free shipping starting @ $890/set