Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

D2 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default D2 Lowering Springs

Curious if anyone has any experience or feedback with the D2 lowering springs. If so, what shocks are you using, rim/tire combo youre running and any pics would be helpful.

They advertise 1.75 front and rear drop. Heres a link to the site http://www.d2racing.com/content/prod...wering_springs

Chris
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing this wont turn out well

first off, they're progressive rate... which puts them in the same category as Sportlines... mushy and probably too soft - prepare to bottom out often. Second, 95% of that company's products are for smaller, lighter, less powerful imports... which says to me they have little to no experience designing suspension components for fbodys. Lastly, they're purple... nuf said
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the spring rates. I'd never buy a spring without knowing the springrates, but that's just me.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VinR1
I'm guessing this wont turn out well

first off, they're progressive rate... which puts them in the same category as Sportlines... mushy and probably too soft - prepare to bottom out often. Second, 95% of that company's products are for smaller, lighter, less powerful imports... which says to me they have little to no experience designing suspension components for fbodys. Lastly, they're purple... nuf said
Most F-Body lowering springs ARE progressive.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

I dont care if theyre purple, pink or polka dot green with yellow stripes...If its a good spring then I will use it. I really dont care if the majority of the parts they offer are for smaller less powerful cars. A spring is a spring in my book...I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them IE: too soft, too hard, too much drop, not enough drop etc...
Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Give them a call or send an email or something to try and find out the rates (or the range of rates seeing as how they're progressive). It'll be hard to keep you from riding on the bump stops unless the rates are really high, and in that case they probably won't be that comfortable.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

D2 = Made in Asia = Junk
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Until we find out the rates, we come to no conclusion...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ries
I dont care if theyre purple, pink or polka dot green with yellow stripes...If its a good spring then I will use it. I really dont care if the majority of the parts they offer are for smaller less powerful cars. A spring is a spring in my book...I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them IE: too soft, too hard, too much drop, not enough drop etc...
Then find out what you think makes them a good spring. In absence of knowledge comes guessing.

1.75" is too low. Having no idea what the spring rates are (especially the working rates) isn't ideal. You might as well buy springs at Wal-mart.

I tested a lot of springs of known rate/height, and then on coil-overs spring rates and ride heights.... When I just couldn't find what made me happy, I decided to make my own. I incorporated the spring rates I wanted, the ride height I wanted, and then went further and went with a material that dropped the weight of the springs themselves, and are made by a known, reputable company to my specification. Others make products to put their name on something, I don't do it for that reason. In fact I really only have a few things that are "mine" most of what I sell are in fact various other brands of things..... But when it comes to springs and swaybars I firmly believe I have the best because I tested many, many things and developed parts that I think work best for handling and composure. They are proven in competition having won multiple National Championships, and on the street on the roads here in Western PA (a rural area with great twisty road that are nowhere near smooth as glass). There have even been magazine articles with before and after track testing of my products, complete with lap times.

I'm sure they will tell you they are great, I'm telling you they probably aren't. Not for any other reason than I believe that. So when faced with two opposing opinions, what do you? Take the information (or lack thereof) you are given and educate yourself.

Good luck finding anything tangible on the D2's.... I don't think you will--and that in and of itself is telling.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Their 4th gen Camaro application if for 93-97, excluding Z28 or convertible. So I assume they're for V6 only?

1.75" is a ton of drop too. I would stay away. Much better options out there.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Out of curiousity, how much suspension travel distance is there from stock height between fully loaded position to contacting the bumpstops for the front and rear?

Quick Reply: D2 Lowering Springs