Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
It's not the questioning, it's the subsequent drama
That you create. Takes two to tango my man. Obviously I am not on here much but I have seen at least three threads that people were commenting on how stand up Sam is and then you chime in with your 2 cents. Just sayin'.

I plan on buying Koni 4/4's very soon and I will go through Sam, even though I have found them cheaper elsewhere. I have spoke to him twice on the phone and he seems to always have time, even though he know's I am not buying that day. Thats says alot this day in age in the sales world.

Last edited by madball; 12-18-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't understand why people that seem to not like Sam constantly continue to enter his threads and complain about something...stay out of the thread if you don't like the OP.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wondered how long it would take for something to happen

Sam's a great guy to buy from, and his advice is extremely useful to the fbody community.

To be fair, there are a ton of people that offer great advice on here (mitchntx definitely included) and I don't see a reason why there has to be so much bickering in the f'ing suspension section....
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

"As The Wheel Turns"
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54rqDh2mWA
Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by onebadapple98
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have spoken with Sam on the phone before purchasing anything from him. As of right now, I still have not. Will I? Absolutely. I'll be ordering at least a set of springs as soon as I get everything straight. Sam spent the time to answer every question I had, when he was already on the other line with someone else, and made sure that not only did I understand what he was saying, but that every aspect of my questions were covered.

When Sam, or anyone else talk about the priceless advice and information, experience etc that Sam has with his products, it is most certainly for a reason. I have no doubt in my mind that the level of expertise Sam has with these things if well worth it. No disrespect to any other vendors here, as most of them I have no dealt with- in any way. But I can say that in the 20 minutes or so I spoke with Sam, he had me sold, without giving me some bs sales pitch.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by Alec
The annual whiny Strano "buy from me" cause I talk to you on the phone etc... Ahhhhh what a bunch of...BS. The overhead must be a bitch for a reseller. No Fab shop, No warehouse, no nothing. LOL.

The worlds smallest violin.......just for you. DAMN THOSE GUYS FOR SELLING KONI WITH SPRINGS on sale. Why that is UN-American. IF you don't drive with Strano konis you drive with..... well just don't. He might cry.

But he talked me out of buying something. Did he really? No sucker chew on that one. This dude has been playing victim for alonnnng time.
That whole post is full of fail.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Alec
The annual whiny Strano "buy from me" cause I talk to you on the phone etc... Ahhhhh what a bunch of...BS. The overhead must be a bitch for a reseller. No Fab shop, No warehouse, no nothing. LOL.

The worlds smallest violin.......just for you. DAMN THOSE GUYS FOR SELLING KONI WITH SPRINGS on sale. Why that is UN-American. IF you don't drive with Strano konis you drive with..... well just don't. He might cry.

But he talked me out of buying something. Did he really? No sucker chew on that one. This dude has been playing victim for alonnnng time.
Damn... Some how Sam Strano rubbed you the wrong way. There's seriously something wrong with you. Get off Sam's dick already! The only one crying is your pathetic ***. All over these damn threads all you've been doing is whining like a little b*tch about Sam. Someone ban this damn Troll! Yeah, you've been a member since 2004, however you're still a immature troll.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Launching!

lol someone can't stand behind what they say, seems like that post was deleted.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

^ Interesting. Ever notice that when the usual anti-Sam guy posts his usual negative stuff that THIS guy (Alec) chimes in shortly after? I suspect they either share a brain (quite possible) or perhaps the same poster is behind both inernet names. Doesn't matter, really, he/ they dont contribute to threads much any more, just troll. He/they are entitled to their opinion, but they love to hide behind the keyboard while posting the same old neg stuff. Alec, in this case, seems to be on some sort of medication (or OFF it!) that is not agreeing with him. He deleted his post for a reason, possilbly because he came back and saw his posts did not really make sense and were uncalled for. Some shred of internet chivalry afterall, pehaps? I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt this time. The pattern IS there, though.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am buying things in the us and shipping them over to iceland, and i am most likely the most annoing customers somtimes because of that,

i've bin shopping parts for my car for for 3-4 years, and i've shopped now at most of the sponsors, and i've shopped @ sam's shop now for the 2-3 times and will shop there in the future, great service and knowledge about the products
Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been buying from Sam since late 2000, and for one main reason. Knowledge. And I've met him and raced with him, truly a nice person.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Bought from Sam before, and will buy again. I fail to see the problem?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Question:

Why is it that when somone follows another persons threads and posts negative things in them they are dismissed as trolls; while someone who follows the same persons threads around posting nothing but loving affection is not also dismissed as a troll?????????????????? Seems to me those are opposite sides of the same coin.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Maybe because the first type of person never has anything tangible to say, where the second makes points that can be supported? Just a guess.

Also I work damned hard to try and keep as many folks as possible happy. It's rare someone is pissed off at me, but it happens. The fact that so many folks are pleased I think is pretty telling because it's certainly a lot more common to find someone bitching on the 'net.

That I tend to do my best, be available, and make folks comfortable, and they are kind enough to publicly say when they are pleased I think is why you such posts.

FWIW, the definition of Troll: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

So maybe it's because those posting inflammatory things are by definition, trolls?
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-23-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

^ I stand behind my words, my explanation of why I stated what I did, and the internet definition buttresses my statement. ls1zfast, want more? I'm just getting warmed up (again!).
Old 12-24-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL ... seriously ... Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by mitchntx; 12-24-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: speeling LOL
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Konis/Stranos:FTW Sam I own a business myself. I will not tell you because you already know but it is IMPOSSIBLE to completely satisfy everyone. And I'm in the freaking restaurant business. I do what I can with what I got. And to whoever thinks the customers are always right is full of crap. Their not!! There will always be people out there to make your job ten times for stressful then it already it. I have just learned to keep my cool in stressful situations because its not healthy. You do an excellent job at everything you do, and you push products that get the damn job done. You have owed yourself countless pats on the back Sam.
In the self employed area of business, you cant please everyone.

And to anyone who bashes Sam they probably look like this:
Old 12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Running 4/4s since 05 on the SS and Accord all from my man Sam. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs