Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
Ok everyone please take a step back from the keyboard and breath. Sam, as a paying sponsor, has every right to post how he sources his products. What's wrong with that? He didn't attack, flame, or call anybody out. So before posting further, please take a minute and think "would I really say this to someone's face?" If not, then please don't post it.

Thank you

GOOD POINT!!

This is still America, despite the last few years of the Democrat's "BS", which means we still have free choices. Therefore, if you don't like Sam, don't like his pricing, don't like his advice, don't like what he sells, then simply don't buy them or deal with him. It's that simple!!! There's NO need whatsoever, to run at the mouth like a spoiled 2 year old......
Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Well, here we go.... I put up a statement to explain my position, and now I'm defending myself in my own thread.

First if you are happy with BMR, good for you. Second, if you aren't my customer and have no intention on ever being a customer, then what are you doing in here? I mean if you don't care to understand my reasoning then you must be trolling for trouble.

I view customer service as more than being nice to you. In fact sometimes it takes brutal honesty to keep folks from making a mistake. But in the end, a lot of the parts that they sell are recent pick-ups (things they never had before, but all of a sudden picked up, presumably because they saw others *cough, cough*, me selling them. And other parts that have drastically, and suddenly changed after years of their lip-service about how the PREVIOUS versions were "the best".

Frankly I don't really want customers that closed minded.
You are in no position to tell me into which threads I post or not. I dont see any other vendor here with such pathetic threads as yours. If it were for you no other vendor could sell anything else in this board. No other vendors make threads like these which are becoming more and more frequent. If you expect every single soul in this board to buy from you based only in your advice then you are delusional.

You are one bitter soul apparently. So if I happen to have an opinion different from you and your fanbase and for that I am close minded....just awesome.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ec_nova
good point. cheap ricer axis wheels and stick-on interior goodies... you clearly aren't a cheapass
So, in view that no rational arguments are left you get to that level?

Enjoy.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._am/index.html

Lets see yours, it must be out of this world, or are you just a jealous cheerleader?

Last edited by chaman; 01-03-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NycS2
I don't think he attacked you Sam, so you shouldn't be defending anything. Threads should have more than one side, you being the OP have stated your side. Chaman was just stating a pretty obvious point and his side.

Next time just put in your thread title "cheerleading only," that might keep unwanted posts out.
Exactly.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
^^Why is it disrespectful? Maybe the guy is getting the best prices to make to whole thing affordable. I work hard for my money, I will make the best use of it as I can. You give good advice but dont expect and believe that people will buy your product only based on that. Offer a better price than the competition and then you will truly have the best package around. You talk like you expect every single people on this board to buy from you, do you even hear yourself? Its not only talk the talk is walk the walk too, my friend.
+1

Originally Posted by pewter2002
^ Well, let's see...I can imagine the frustration of talking to an "interested" customer for a long time, investing time with them, only to be undercut by a competitor by a few bucks who offers comparatively less first hand knowledge, and less knowledgable cust. service, and spends less time explaining the different setups/products etc. This is even more frustrating when the guy had no intention of purchasing from you, just using you for info 'cause you always pick up the phone...Just the cost of doing business in some peoples' eyes, I guess. Personally, I go back to the business that treated me best. Usually, the prices are close. You know, Wal Mart has good prices but having to go to the return line due to poor sales advice...
What is there to talk about for an hour anyway?

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Well, here we go.... I put up a statement to explain my position, and now I'm defending myself in my own thread.

First if you are happy with BMR, good for you. Second, if you aren't my customer and have no intention on ever being a customer, then what are you doing in here? I mean if you don't care to understand my reasoning then you must be trolling for trouble.

I view customer service as more than being nice to you. In fact sometimes it takes brutal honesty to keep folks from making a mistake. But in the end, a lot of the parts that they sell are recent pick-ups (things they never had before, but all of a sudden picked up, presumably because they saw others *cough, cough*, me selling them. And other parts that have drastically, and suddenly changed after years of their lip-service about how the PREVIOUS versions were "the best".

Frankly I don't really want customers that closed minded.
Sam may know more about cars than God but he also loves drama.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

mitchntx and chaman....who would've thought they'd be starting a shitstorm?

Sam you a great guy and I'll continue to do business with you because of the support from you and Arlyn. I'll gladly dish out a few more $ to get your expertise along with the purchase. I don't understand why these d-bags are hating, it's your business not theirs. You have the championships and winning record to back your expertise and your business, you shouldn't have to defend yourself on a technical forum.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

So, in view that no rational arguments are left you get to that level?

Enjoy.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._am/index.html

Lets see yours, it must be out of this world, or are you just a jealous cheerleader?
I didn't know JCWhitney was selling F-body crap now.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by urock NO IROC88
I didn't know JCWhitney was selling F-body crap now.
**** off troll. That is a beautiful car.

This thread has over a thousand views. I guess the mission was accomplished by somebody Pretty clever advertisement.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Veteran

^Dont worry. Jealousy is another form of flattery.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Carter Hays
**** off troll. That is a beautiful car.

This thread has over a thousand views. I guess the mission was accomplished by somebody Pretty clever advertisement.
So because I don't waste my life posting and browsing a technical forum it warrants me a troll? COOOL!

Chaman: Your statement that jealousy is the most sincere form of flatery is juvenile. You love your car and we get that, congrats. It's funny how you can always dish out trash but can never take it. Get over yourself, it's an f-body it is in no way a high class car no matter how you think of it. It's still a mullet mobile even in PR.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

^Dont worry. Jealousy is another form of flattery.
Bro, honestly your car is nothing special, nice, but nothing to cause jealousy. Ebay hood, evos, and bunch of double sided taped ricer crap. I respect everbodies F-car and don't call out anybody because I love all birds but being in the street heat section of gmhtp doesn't mean ****. Way to pat yourself on the back though.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously guys, knock it off. There is no need for this type of discussion. It does nothing to further the advancement of F-body handling.

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
Seriously guys, knock it off. There is no need for this type of discussion. It does nothing to further the advancement of F-body handling.

Thank you.
Agree. For the record I expressed forward my opinion on this subject since it has become repetitive, but as it always happens a few here always feel the need to attack and get personal. My intention was never to disrespect the OP or his knowledge. I guess I dont like to take anybody else's trash, specially when I did not trashed or disrespect anyone, my "juvenile" reaction was that, a reaction to a more juvenile attack.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by urock NO IROC88
mitchntx and chaman....who would've thought they'd be starting a shitstorm?
Maybe you should go back and re-read this thread.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

1. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...practices.html

2. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...at-not-do.html

3. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-together.html

4. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...teresting.html

5. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-courtesy.html

6. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...n-results.html

7. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...planation.html

and now:

8. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...t-springs.html

It gets old when you complain this much.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

This is the best post on the entire thread. Pretty much sums up everything you need to know.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's not really complaining. It's a form of advertising. It would not be very effective anywhere else, but on this forum it appears to work for him.

I am sure he is a nice guy in person, but his sales techniques are strange to say the least. I have never come across a parts business try and get some "sympathy" sales on the internet. C'est la vie
Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Carter Hays
It's not really complaining. It's a form of advertising. It would not be very effective anywhere else, but on this forum it appears to work for him.

I am sure he is a nice guy in person, but his sales techniques are strange to say the least. I have never come across a parts business try and get some "sympathy" sales on the internet. C'est la vie
I have realized that indeed may be a form of advertising, but it makes him look angry or bitter about the competition. Going so far as to implying that a person is disrespectful because he chose to buy someplace else is, really, out of line.

But I agree as others have that the constant bombardment of threads beating a dead horse, end up to be, perhaps, bothersome. The way he conducts himself implies that anybody who chooses to buy from another LS1TECH vendor is "close minded" or "disrespectful". It is this attitude that becomes kind of irritating, IMO.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I have realized that indeed may be a form of advertising, but it makes him look angry or bitter about the competition. Going so far as to implying that a person is disrespectful because he chose to buy someplace else is, really, out of line.

But I agree as others have that the constant bombardment of threads beating a dead horse, end up to be, perhaps, bothersome. The way he conducts himself implies that anybody who chooses to buy from another LS1TECH vendor is "close minded" or "disrespectful". It is this attitude that becomes kind of irritating, IMO.
Very well said. That's what gets me too. I am not knocking his knowledge of suspension but his overall attitude, as if he's entitled to every member's wallet.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree

Quick Reply: Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs