Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing new here.

There are those that purchase Strano parts and are happy and there are those who chose to go some place else.

Its all about choice ... as we've seen here and elsewhere, folks chose based upon a wide variety of reasons.

It's capitalism at it's finest. And America at it's greatest is the ability to voice an opinion.

Sam can do it ... I can do it ... any one can do it. Some just can't respect a differing of opinion and take it personal for what ever reason.

This forum needs to get back to the sharing of tech. There is way too much vendor spamming in threads taht aski a tech question. That's not saying that just vendors are guilty, either.

No one has a problem with a satisified customer posting up his/her experience.

But don't respond to a tech question pointing the poster to contact a vendor. That adds nothing to the tech archive so that some one at a later date can search and find answers, not phone numbers.

If you recommend one part over the other, be able to back up your response with tech. Afterall, if you recommend a part, understand why and articulate it.

MHO
Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Very well said. That's what gets me too. I am not knocking his knowledge of suspension but his overall attitude, as if he's entitled to every member's wallet.
Well said.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Owning a business is not easy. Owning a profitable and reputable business is even harder. Sam as a small shop owner, not some big operation, gives his advice and offers his expertise as his added value and he has every right to be pissed when someone uses that and goes and buys what he recommended, else where, for cheaper.

I like going to my local mom & pop hardware store when working on a project, whenever possible because I get the 1 on 1 attention, advice and knowledge. Sure, I can walk out of there with a list of things to buy and go to Home Depot and pay less .... but I have more ethics than that. That small shop spent 10, 15, 20 min. or whatever of their time to help me out, least I can do to appreciate them for that is buy from them if I'm buying anything at all.

If I'm buying say a 12-pk of Coke, sure I will go to Wal-Mart vs. a hole-in-the-wall liquor store ... It is cheaper at Wal-mart. A 12-pk of Coke doesn't need technical advice or explanation on the different ways to drink it. A suspension setup for our cars does.

Don't compare the two situations.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Of course he should be pissed about the situation, its understandable and natural but posting it every other day?? Attacking others for buying to another vendor?? Honestly, it is starting to sound like "be sorry for me, buy my stuff". Maybe its not the intention but surely it looks like it. I agree with mitchntx, more tech is in order, its what made me become a member here, its desperately needed. I hope it does.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
... more tech is in order, its what made me become a member here, its desperately needed. I hope it does.
Yup! As a whole, yes, LS1tech needs more tech
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a general comment/observation... compared to the rest of the LS1tech website I feel like people take the smallest things said so personally more often in this section than other sections. It's pretty embarrassing sometimes.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Because I never bring any tech. I'm always attacking everyone... I'm such a dick for not liking when other companies spread lies. Or when an old guy who's retired and bored takes pot shots at me (and as I later found out when I responded then runs off to a Moderator to try and get me in trouble, what 5 year old behavior) which effects my business and my life.

Yep, I advertise here. So do other companies. Difference is I just don't pop up with a link to something when it's easy. I try and help folks. So you see me more than other vendors, and that makes some think I'm a vulture. Well, ok. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

As for the crack about me thinking I'm entitled to the money in wallets. That's the most ignorant statement I've ever heard and tells me exactly the level of mentality that's causing these posts. I'm pretty well known for talking folks OUT of things that won't help them. I very often ask folks to think about things and call me back... that's not how a greedy ***** works. Those folks want the biggest sale, as fast they can get it, with no regard to how the package will really work for you.

Why is it you don't get in other vendor's faces like this? They can flat out lie to you, or "borrow" knowledge and that's ok.... it's really a shame.

We need tech? Ok, of all the vendors in this section, you find who talks about how things work more than I do. The answer is, nobody. And I guess because I'm here that makes me a sales bully. Whatever.

Closing: I run a business. There is nothing illegal, or unseemly about that. I am a paying advertiser, there is nothing illegal or unseemly about that. Further, I try and help, then get berated for doing it by some... luckily for me happy customers also chime in (and they make all this bullshit worthwhile), but then they are attacked for speaking their minds.

It's a shame that you guys have nothing better to do than come into a thread I started to dispute some erroneous claims made. I wasn't selling anything, just explaining why and how I do what I do with regard to a specific part. And we end up here. No courtesy, not regard for someone else's business or life. No consideration about how I know what I know and if others have the same background. Pretty sad.

Mods.... I think it's high time this thread gets locked. I never ask to remove threads, and I don't report them.... but this is not productive. I don't want it removed, I want folks to know what I stated at the start. I'm also not in the least bit interested in censoring some of the comments made. I'm a big boy, and I think most folks can make their own decisions.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Koni Shocks: My supply chain--the how and why of it all.... and a note about springs