71.43%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam1982
Maybe some of you dont remember the threads between sam and bmr a few years back, and it may not be the same bmr posters around today, but I was completely soured on their whole company by those threads.
Originally Posted by JD_AMG
May be hard to come by now, many of them get deleted because BMR gets called out and embarrassed about things like owning umiparts.com, umisucks.com and umisucksdick.com.
Basically the same reason I won't do business with them, they have the elitist ******* attitude, act like they can do no wrong and provide minimal tech advice often suggesting things people don't need.
Quoted for truth. I read the threads myself, and will never do business with BMR because of their shady business practices. Funny too, umiparts.com now points to LS1Tech. Must'v been called out too many times on that one.

I also used to run BMR rear suspension back when they were one of the only ones around. Their adjustable PHR bent over time (old design), and I proceeded to remove all their parts from my car.

Last edited by RooRnZ28; 03-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
May be hard to come by now, many of them get deleted because BMR gets called out and embarrassed about things like owning umiparts.com, umisucks.com and umisucksdick.com.Basically the same reason I won't do business with them, they have the elitist ******* attitude, act like they can do no wrong and provide minimal tech advice often suggesting things people don't need.
Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
Quoted for truth. I read the threads myself, and will never do business with BMR because of their shady business practices. Funny too, umiparts.com now points to LS1Tech. Must'v been called out too many times on that one.

I also used to run BMR rear suspension back when they were one of the only ones around. Their adjustable PHR bent over time (old design), and I proceeded to remove all their parts from my car.
Quoted again so it can be seen. With that said.

I see this thread vanishing in 3....2.....1......

Last edited by J LT1 TA; 03-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Jesus man, I cannot believe the huge amount of **** some of you put out. Okay, if any of you has PROOF of any Illegal practice pertaining BMR business you are free to proceed and present said proof here for all to see.

Now, if you are just babbling an repeating tthe story without proof I suggest to stop it.

Some of you apparently have problems with the way BMR manages their company. You may not like it but its not ILLEGAL.

Their products are damn good and their offers are badass...you know it. I had a great relationship with them and their springs are now creating the stance in my ride

I suggest to just choose your company...BMR or Strano. Both are great. Its a win-win situation.

Babbling gossip around its ridiculous. Some of you sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping in their Nursing Home.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Jesus man, I cannot believe the huge amount of **** some of you put out. Okay, if any of you has PROOF of any Illegal practice pertaining BMR business you are free to proceed and present said proof here for all to see.

Now, if you are just babbling an repeating tthe story without proof I suggest to stop it.

Some of you apparently have problems with the way BMR manages their company. You may not like it but its not ILLEGAL.

Their products are damn good and their offers are badass...you know it. I had a great relationship with them and their springs are now creating the stance in my ride

I suggest to just choose your company...BMR or Strano. Both are great. Its a win-win situation.

Babbling gossip around its ridiculous. Some of you sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping in their Nursing Home.
So if it isn't illegal, it is okay?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Launching!

So its ok for them to create umi websites that link directly to bmr, I'm sorry but that says a lot about how they operate, that's a bunch of junior high bullshit. It's not gossip either, plenty of threads about this, but can't seem to find them anymore. This one will vanish also.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Guitar
So if it isn't illegal, it is okay?
In the real world....it is!.. That's how this business thing is. You may not like it but that how it is indeed.

Im not passing judgement about this....some of you are!! The lot of you can continue whining and gossiping, but in reality NONE of you have proof of any illegal activity, none. Thats my point in this matter. Stop for a moment and THINK....

Have they been sued? Ever? by who? See my point? You are all passing judgement about things and events that you were not a part of or witnessed. You are just repeating a childish rant and magically converting it into a fact. Be careful with that.

The problems, accusations, etc, between companies don't matter to me. Has a potential customer my priorities are; quality, customer service, deals, and fast shipping. Went shopping, liked the deal and got it. Simple.

All this gossiping is getting old and IMO needs to stop. In other words, if you do not know the fact...do not pass judgement.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Buy strano, we need to support him because he really knows the most about our cars.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agree %100 with your post. BMR products are top notch, currently the offer of their springs and Konis is hard to beat and the competition KNOWS that.

Want stance? You got it with BMR.

Want a friendly, respectful customer service; BMR again.
Chaman do you have your rear spring isolators in or have you done the heater hose mod with that stance? Thx.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

In the real world....it is!.. That's how this business thing is. You may not like it but that how it is indeed.

Im not passing judgement about this....some of you are!! The lot of you can continue whining and gossiping, but in reality NONE of you have proof of any illegal activity, none. Thats my point in this matter. Stop for a moment and THINK....

Have they been sued? Ever? by who? See my point? You are all passing judgement about things and events that you were not a part of or witnessed. You are just repeating a childish rant and magically converting it into a fact. Be careful with that.

The problems, accusations, etc, between companies don't matter to me. Has a potential customer my priorities are; quality, customer service, deals, and fast shipping. Went shopping, liked the deal and got it. Simple.

All this gossiping is getting old and IMO needs to stop. In other words, if you do not know the fact...do not pass judgement.
You're so ******* full of ****, lol. No wonder Sam told you to **** off in another thread.

That is not how business is. Legit businesses don't play childish forum and internet games to get ahead. Capitalism got the best of Sam here, and although it isn't morally/ideally right, BMR isn't different than a lot of companies. HOWEVER, that just goes to show that Sam obviously has the best product. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery or some bullshit as they say. Doesn't it strike you as kind of funny how they went from claiming the best design then as Strano released his, changed to his design (slightly different) and now claim theirs is still the best?

We can pass judgement as we want. We're people. We can choose what we want to use, and choose who we want to support. I don't remember anybody calling anything illegal, but shady and unethical is more like it. Really, what sponsor creates fake websites mimicking another company? That is something I'd expect a childish teenager to do, not a full blown "respected" company. I've read threads and threads on this, and I've come to the conclusion that BMR is pretty much just full of ****. And Sam apparently* has proof that he can back it up with (emails and such) but he's not childish enough to release it here for everyone to see as he is apparently the better man/businessman.

If you want quality, go with Strano. The springs are made better no doubt about it. You want someone to stroke your ****? Go buy BMR or another company. You want someone to tell you what you need or don't need for your application and know what he is talking about? Go with Strano. You want deals? Both have them.

You're participating in the gossiping you claim is getting old, so pot, kettle, black?

And, for what it is worth, I've never ordered anything from either company, only talked to a rep from each company on here. One of the BMR Techs talked to me about brakes and all and was very good about it (not guy who was arguing with Sam). I don't really have a problem with the company, and if all they had done was copy Sam's springs, I would probably just go with theirs - that's capitalism....but I don't support shady business practices if I can help it.

Last edited by Guitar; 03-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Chaman do you have your rear spring isolators in or have you done the heater hose mod with that stance? Thx.
I kept them. Ive never tried to take them out though. I liked the stance as it is. But Ive seen other cars that needed to do the heater hose mod to look good.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

You're so ******* full of ****, lol. No wonder Sam told you to **** off in another thread.

That is not how business is. Legit businesses don't play childish forum and internet games to get ahead. Capitalism got the best of Sam here, and although it isn't morally/ideally right, BMR isn't different than a lot of companies. HOWEVER, that just goes to show that Sam obviously has the best product. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery or some bullshit as they say. Doesn't it strike you as kind of funny how they went from claiming the best design then as Strano released his, changed to his design (slightly different) and now claim theirs is still the best?

We can pass judgement as we want. We're people. We can choose what we want to use, and choose who we want to support. I don't remember anybody calling anything illegal, but shady and unethical is more like it. Really, what sponsor creates fake websites mimicking another company? That is something I'd expect a childish teenager to do, not a full blown "respected" company. I've read threads and threads on this, and I've come to the conclusion that BMR is pretty much just full of ****. And Sam apparently* has proof that he can back it up with (emails and such) but he's not childish enough to release it here for everyone to see as he is apparently the better man/businessman.

If you want quality, go with Strano. The springs are made better no doubt about it. You want someone to stroke your ****? Go buy BMR or another company. You want someone to tell you what you need or don't need for your application and know what he is talking about? Go with Strano. You want deals? Both have them.

You're participating in the gossiping you claim is getting old, so pot, kettle, black?
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....same old, same old.

Bring proof of illegal activities, cupcake. If not go kiss butt some more. It seems you like it.

Do you really believe that if someone STOLE something from another business, that affected business will sit and do nothing??? I don't.....

Now lets be real for a moment, shall we?

Strano products are good, no doubt. BMR products are good and also competition proved. If you want to stay away for all the SENTIMENTAL reasons you just posted, be that way. Not me or anyone reasonable will critique you for it. Now, let us critique BMR OBJECTIVELY...are their products crap? bad? weak? Nope, their not. So we as customers should make our decisions based on those facts. Plain. Simple.

What happened between them should stayed between them. Bring it to the public was stupid and dumb, specially without any hard proof about it. Me, could care less, I saw a good product with great reviews, good customer service and got it.

As to why Mr. Strano told me to **** off, like you said?? Because what I told them was true, he knows it and every of his cheerleaders knows it too. There is no real proof of anything stolen my friend. If Strano didnt registered its springs and someone, in this case BMR, imitated specifications and created a similar product...that is how all business are. What Strano needs then is to fight back and bring an even better product and fight them in the field. That is called competition. Just look for another examples out there and you will see that what I say is the true.

You can rant about it, bring capitalism into the picture but cannot change that little fact. If imitation is a form of flattery, enjoy it then. I do, when someone PM me and tells me that they like my car and want to get similar rims I feel honored and move on. Let others do the same.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....same old, same old.

Bring proof of illegal activities, cupcake. If not go kiss butt some more. It seems you like it.

Do you really believe that if someone STOLE something from another business, that affected business will sit and do nothing??? I don't.....
Same old, same old...because it's true? You can't really "claim" spring rates, plus they were minimally changed. Strano produced what he ran and he felt was better for F-body owners because he initially tested them and run them on his cars and WON with them. THEN BMR took his design, changed it ever so slightly, and produced it as "their own". If you can't see that, whether you think it is right or not, you're damn retarded. I have no problem with it personally, that is capitalism. If a company can produce a similar/better product at a cheaper price, then they'll get my service. But if this company also employs shady practices on top of that, I tend to stray away.

Now lets be real for a moment, shall we?

Strano products are good, no doubt. BMR products are good and also competition proved. If you want to stay away for all the SENTIMENTAL reasons you just posted, be that way. Not me or anyone reasonable will critique you for it. Now, let us critique BMR OBJECTIVELY...are their products crap? bad? weak? Nope, their not. So we as customers should make our decisions based on those facts. Plain. Simple.
Strano products are competition proved....by the owner, himself. By the guy who tested them. Then BMR copied it...and theirs are now "competition proved". Nobody said their products are crap, once again you're posting to just read your own **** and putting words in other's mouths like you love to do all over the forum.

What happened between them should stayed between them. Bring it to the public was stupid and dumb, specially without any hard proof about it. Me, could care less, I saw a good product with great reviews, good customer service and got it.
And yet, you did.

As to why Mr. Strano told me to **** off, like you said?? Because what I told them was true, he knows it and every of his cheerleaders knows it too. There is no real proof of anything stolen my friend. If Strano didnt registered its springs and someone, in this case BMR, imitated specifications and created a similar product...that is how all business are. What Strano needs then is to fight back and bring an even better product and fight them in the field. That is called competition. Just look for another examples out there and you will see that what I say is the true.
You can rant about it, bring capitalism into the picture but cannot change that little fact. If imitation is a form of flattery, enjoy it then. I do, when someone PM me and tells me that they like my car and want to get similar rims I feel honored and move on. Let others do the same.
He never claimed to NOT stroke your **** while you buy. He's straight up and knows what the hell he is talking about. There is actual proof...if you can't see it...again,you're pretty retarded. You just said yourself they imitated, IE stole, his specs. That is NOT how all business are. You're living in a fantasy land if you believe that.

You can support your purchase however you want, I don't really give a ****. But don't continue to be blind to obvious facts, just makes you continue to look like a dumbass.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

1. BMR Copies Sam Strano's spring design, and markets them as their own
2. BMR buys umiparts.com, and directs the address to BMR's website

while none of these acts are illegal, does that make them ok? I don't care how "good quality" BMR parts are, copying someone else's hard work to get ahead is shady no matter how you put it.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

while none of these acts are illegal, does that make them ok? I don't care how "good quality" BMR parts are, copying someone else's hard work to get ahead is shady no matter how you put it.
I probably should have kept it short and sweet like this. Thanks. Lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Same old, same old...because it's true? You can't really "claim" spring rates, plus they were minimally changed. Strano produced what he ran and he felt was better for F-body owners because he initially tested them and run them on his cars and WON with them. THEN BMR took his design, changed it ever so slightly, and produced it as "their own". If you can't see that, whether you think it is right or not, you're damn retarded. I have no problem with it personally, that is capitalism. If a company can produce a similar/better product at a cheaper price, then they'll get my service. But if this company also employs shady practices on top of that, I tend to stray away.

Strano products are competition proved....by the owner, himself. By the guy who tested them. Then BMR copied it...and theirs are now "competition proved". Nobody said their products are crap, once again you're posting to just read your own **** and putting words in other's mouths like you love to do all over the forum.

And yet, you did.

He never claimed to NOT stroke your **** while you buy. He's straight up and knows what the hell he is talking about. There is actual proof...if you can't see it...again,you're pretty retarded. You just said yourself they imitated, IE stole, his specs. That is NOT how all business are. You're living in a fantasy land if you believe that.

You can support your purchase however you want, I don't really give a ****. But don't continue to be blind to obvious facts, just makes you continue to look like a dumbass.

Talking about striking ***** and **** makes your argument fit for a twelve year old. Who looks like a dumbass again?? If ypu plan on reasoning that way I prefer not to get into it. Now in respect to the argument here:

You have your sentimental, subjective reasons I go for the facts. All businesses are in constant competition, step out of your little pink bubble and smell the coffee. Apple brings the Ipad, other companies follow with their own product, in a similar fashion. We can bring this fact over and over again for hundreds of companies.

You do not like their businesses, ask me if I care. I judge deals and service, nothing more. I do not know about BMR but your little rant here will be read by them....I wouldn't like to do businesses with you. Thats why I di not run a company. I'm sure they will be happy to have you as a customer, no matter all the childish bullshit you wrote.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Redundant. Nothing new. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talking about striking ***** and **** makes your argument fit for a twelve year old. Who looks like a dumbass again?? If ypu plan on reasoning that way I prefer not to get into it. Now in respect to the argument here:

You have your sentimental, subjective reasons I go for the facts. All businesses are in constant competition, step out of your little pink bubble and smell the coffee. Apple brings the Ipad, other companies follow with their own product, in a similar fashion. We can bring this fact over and over again for hundreds of companies.

You do not like their businesses, ask me if I care. I judge deals and service, nothing more. I do not know about BMR but your little rant here will be read by them....I wouldn't like to do businesses with you. Thats why I di not run a company. I'm sure they will be happy to have you as a customer, no matter all the childish bullshit you wrote.
Who is talking about striking *****? The fetish forum is over that way buddy. Also, I'm the dumbass? Re-read and spell check your post.

How are any of these reasons "sentimental"? Do you even know what that word means? Facts are facts - Strano was copied, BMI employs shady practices. Those are facts. Tablets are a WHOLE different argument and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

So basically what you are saying is that I am right, yet you just don't care, because as long as it isn't illegal, and as long as they do anything give you a deal, you could give a **** less about what else happens? Glad I don't live in your retarded little sheltered world.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Geez guys go take your pissing match someplace else OK?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Who is talking about striking *****? The fetish forum is over that way buddy. Also, I'm the dumbass? Re-read and spell check your post.

Thats it...? Spell check argument. Okay

How are any of these reasons "sentimental"? Do you even know what that word means? Facts are facts - Strano was copied, BMI employs shady practices. Those are facts. Tablets are a WHOLE different argument and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
No their not. A business is a business. From selling lollipops to weapons. The competition will always be there. Its obvious you live in a cute little world. Step out of it.

So basically what you are saying is that I am right, yet you just don't care, because as long as it isn't illegal, and as long as they do anything give you a deal, you could give a **** less about what else happens? Glad I don't live in your retarded little sheltered world.
Something like that. I'm not here to change the world or anything like that. I'm here to exchange info, look, learn and find good deals related to our hobby. In the process I have made good friends here too and that is a plus. You know who is the one who should do something REAL about it?? Strano. That is his problem but instead what he did? Whine, cry and act like a kid who lost a kite with the only intention to throw dirt at BMR. I told him exactly that. He knows its true. He gets mad too. Nothing personal but that how it is.

Quick Reply: BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?