Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012 | 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow you guys don't know when to quit
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Guitar
BMR did steal his spring specs, and changed them ever so slightly to claim they are different and better. That's not illegal, it is bad business and immoral/unethical/wrong. Maybe you should learn how to read.

lolmad
WTF are you saying?? They steal...and that is not illegal?? Did you really wrote that?/ Let me read it again............you did! Do you have some cognitive impairment that we should know about?? Back pedaling slightly I see. I know how to read alright, but perhaps you should ask you local police department if stealing is legal or not. Youre in for a surprise on that one!
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chaman
Have you not been reading yours, Mr Cheerleader? I praised their product and teir service based on my experience. That is not nut swinging or cheerleading.
Yet blowing off all the bs they have done as if its not immoral.

Again, bring your proof of all these illegal actions. Bring them. Show them. How easy is to talk **** without any evidence to back THAT **** up, huh? So easy.
Why do you keep bring up illegal? Who said anything about illegal? Its not illegal to copy someones springs rates/height, or have someone reverse engineer them. Its also not illegal to own a very close web URL name of competition. Just very childish, immoral and lame.

Show me where I said Sam's products are crap. Lets see that quote too, shall we? Show me where knocked (as you say) his products...Good luck with that one. Stop putting words in my mouth, please? I know you love his products, good for you, in fact I know they are good. But BMRs are good too. Is that painful to you?? It seems it is.
Where are you coming up with this crap? Where did I say you thought his products were crap?
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF are saying?? They steal...and that is not illegal?? Did you really wrote that?/ Let me read it again............you did! Do you have some cognitive impairment that we should know about?? Back pedaling slightly I see. I know how to read alright, but perhaps you should ask you local police department if stealing is legal or not. Youre in for a surprise on that one!
Even someone as stupid as you should know there is a difference between stealing intellectual property and physical property. Stop using semantics to try and prove your...eh...whatever you are trying to prove? And, again, as you seem too stupid to be able to read as well, they CHANGED them ever so slightly.
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Ok so we have some people with super strong opinions in here...got it.

Just move on and see if knowledge is needed elsewhere on this forum because you're beating a dead horse.
Old 03-18-2012 | 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Even someone as stupid as you should know there is a difference between stealing intellectual property and physical property. And, again, as you seem too stupid to be able to read as well, they CHANGED them ever so slightly.
No. Stealing intellectual property when is properly registered is illegal. You have showed that you have ZERO clue on the crap you are saying. There have been thousands of cases where it was PROVEN that some intellectual property was stolen.

If you do not know anything about the subject, please inform yourself. Kids.....
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

No. Stealing intellectual property when is properly registered is illegal. You have showed that you have ZERO clue on the crap you are saying. There have been thousands of cases where it was PROVEN that some intellectual property was stolen.

If you do not know anything about the subject, please inform yourself. Kids.....
And yet, they still stole the specs...and Strano isn't pressing charges, because A. He probably doesn't have the time, B. He isn't a big company and that costs a lot of money, and C. I don't even think he had them registered/patented in the first place.

And yet, you still have absolutely no point and are just showing how much of a nut hugging idiot you are post after post.
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Yet blowing off all the bs they have done as if its not immoral.

Why do you keep bring up illegal? Who said anything about illegal? Its not illegal to copy someones springs rates/height, or have someone reverse engineer them. Its also not illegal to own a very close web URL name of competition. Just very childish, immoral and lame.

Where are you coming up with this crap? Where did I say you thought his products were crap?
You mean to tell me that if someone by testing and experience comes out with some very good specifications for a spring stealing or copying those is not illegal? If that person registers those as his (intellectual property as Mr Law and Order said), and someone steals them is it not illegal? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

And yet, they still stole the specs...and Strano isn't pressing charges, because A. He probably doesn't have the time, B. He isn't a big company and that costs a lot of money, and C. I don't even think he had them registered/patented in the first place.

And yet, you still have absolutely no point and are just showing how much of a nut hugging idiot you are post after post.
So if Mr Strano FAILED to do so....there is not much he can do now, is it? I have no point?? LOL! You have proven my point!! That is what I wanted to hear. If he failed to properly register his spring specifications you are open for others to jump in. Nothing you or I can do about it.

Let me repeat it again for those who simply fail to read.....If BMR treats me bad, sells me crap you better believe I will just publicly let others know about it. It wont be pretty even, that I will assure you.

Be careful back pedaling....you will hurt yourself.
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

So if Mr Strano FAILED to do so....there is not much he can do now, is it? I have no point?? LOL! You have proven my point!! That is what I wanted to hear. If he failed to properly register his spring specifications you are open for others to jump in. Nothing you or I can do about it.
So you admit that it is completely wrong but you are also completely okay with it?
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

So you admit that it is completely wrong but you are also completely okay with it?
Where I said that??? I have no proof or knowledge of anything of that sort happening in this case. All I'm saying is it happens all the time, specially if someone fails to register their idea. Its the nature of business. That is why there are ways to protect your intellectual property.

Some of you are really high on that horse about what is immoral or not, what is unethical etc. I get that but why, me as a customer need to make what happens between two businesses my problem? If I were to apply that to every business I go I would end up not going to Walmart even!! I mean don't they treat their employees like ****? Don't they destroy small businesses?? Yet I bet YOU have bought something there, right?

I will not make Mr Strano's issues mine. If you want to good for you. There are more pressing priorities in my life than making his issues mine.

In fact, Im done wasting time. Like his products and how he treats you. Fine. Me? I like his products but behaving like he does makes me look someplace else. End of story. He failed to protect his ****? His problem, not mine. Next time do it right, is all I can say.

Good night.

Unsubscribing.
Old 03-18-2012 | 10:59 PM
On The Tree

This thread got ridiculous fast. I am interested in seeing how BMR responds to the claims put forth in the past few pages. Sam showed up here and defended himself.
Old 03-18-2012 | 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

They'll have it deleted...
Old 03-18-2012 | 11:14 PM
On The Tree

If that's the case, I definitely know where I'm buying my stuff.

I'm curious Sam, are you making any profit on the Konis as they are? Because you and BMR have them for the same price. If you aren't making any profit, well...I think Craigslist or the LS1tech selling section would very quickly have a set of BMR springs for sale, and a set of white springs would be showing up on my car.
Old 03-18-2012 | 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
If that's the case, I definitely know where I'm buying my stuff.

I'm curious Sam, are you making any profit on the Konis as they are? Because you and BMR have them for the same price. If you aren't making any profit, well...I think Craigslist or the LS1tech selling section would very quickly have a set of BMR springs for sale, and a set of white springs would be showing up on my car.
Lmao this is what I would do if I didn't alreay have stranos!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012 | 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
Lmao this is what I would do if I didn't alreay have stranos!!!!!
There's only so many corners you can cut when you want the best on a budget.
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In fact, Im done wasting time. Like his products and how he treats you. Fine. Me? I like his products but behaving like he does makes me look someplace else. End of story. He failed to protect his ****? His problem, not mine. Next time do it right, is all I can say.
I don't understand this line. This is basically what every one else was saying about why they steer away from BMR and yet it is OK for you when it applies to Strano?

Anyway, you can't patent spring rates. Had Sam reinvented the spring, that could be patented. Regardless why is this thread still alive?

The long and short is they are near identical springs and as such you should buy from whomever you prefer. I like the level of help Sam gives his customers and the ability to know that the products I buy from him are track proven, not just track tested. That doesn't mean however that I wouldn't have a car full of BMR products instead of UMI and Strano had BMR been on sale when I was making purchases. As is they weren't and most of my suspension ended up being UMI.
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Something just seems fishy to me when BMR can give away free springs with the purchase of Koni's.. Not knocking their products because I have read good reviews but Ill stick with Strano when I have my money set. Nothing like buying from a guy who wins with his products that he designs and tests.. Off topic but Chaman arent you a doctor? All the guys arguing is retarded, I hate these threads, middle school drama in every spring thead..
Old 03-19-2012 | 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
This thread got ridiculous fast. I am interested in seeing how BMR responds to the claims put forth in the past few pages. Sam showed up here and defended himself.
BMR is usually pretty quick to jump into a thread...until now. Hmmm...
Old 03-19-2012 | 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

They also said that they weren't getting into a slinging contest over the springs.

And I don't blame them.

It is quite obvious that Sam had his springs before BMR updated their springs. From there, make your own observations and opinions. There is no sense to throw mud back and forth and scream at each other like two certain posters in this thread did that junked up nearly 3 pages worth.

Quick Reply: BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?