BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that's why Wal-Mart is so busy.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam has always been honest with me. I recently placed an order with him and he called me to go over what I was planning on and after talking I changed parts around to better suit my needs. I like that. I recently added his swaybars to my Koni/Strano spring setup and will be able to do a back to back comparison on the same track. Looking forward to that.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Exclamation

Since this thread was recently reopened I thought I'd go ahead and discuss my experience with Strano since he posted to just go ahead and order online. About a year ago I did and Internet purchase of some hawk dtc pads, super blue fluid and ss brake lines. It was my first purchase through his site. He had posted online he would be away on a racing trip between certain days. The next day I received a call to confirm the order from a lady, I then called back later that day to add his springs to the order but just got answering machine. I went ahead and added the order online then called back the next day. Again no answer and the next day was when he was to be out. I received my first order on time and a week and half later got an annoyed phone message from Strano, while at work stating its posted right on his site he would not be available for orders and that the springs were on back order anyway. I called right back, again no answer and left a message for him to cancel my order for the springs. Sam it's not like I was bugging you constantly to get the springs, just left a few messages even before the posted days you would be gone. Why not post on ur site springs on back order. Why not leave a message stating I'm sorry it took a week and a half to get back to you but I was out racing which I put on my website, how can I help you. Why not have somebody available to atleast cover Internet orders while you are gone. I would love to give you another chance but I don't think you even care about my business judging from some of your latest responses. Btw I just started rr last year and hold your old camaro as the bar to where I need to be handling wise.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fixinitup
Since this thread was recently reopened I thought I'd go ahead and discuss my experience with Strano since he posted to just go ahead and order online. About a year ago I did and Internet purchase of some hawk dtc pads, super blue fluid and ss brake lines. It was my first purchase through his site. He had posted online he would be away on a racing trip between certain days. The next day I received a call to confirm the order from a lady, I then called back later that day to add his springs to the order but just got answering machine. I went ahead and added the order online then called back the next day. Again no answer and the next day was when he was to be out. I received my first order on time and a week and half later got an annoyed phone message from Strano, while at work stating its posted right on his site he would not be available for orders and that the springs were on back order anyway. I called right back, again no answer and left a message for him to cancel my order for the springs. Sam it's not like I was bugging you constantly to get the springs, just left a few messages even before the posted days you would be gone. Why not post on ur site springs on back order. Why not leave a message stating I'm sorry it took a week and a half to get back to you but I was out racing which I put on my website, how can I help you. Why not have somebody available to atleast cover Internet orders while you are gone. I would love to give you another chance but I don't think you even care about my business judging from some of your latest responses. Btw I just started rr last year and hold your old camaro as the bar to where I need to be handling wise.
You should purchase BMR.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

What a show, reading all this seriously made me reconsider a lot of things.

we as customer's always want cheap but best quality & performance products, that is a fact. At least where i live.

but once you add attributes together, you'll find that product.

Last edited by AmDWs6; 05-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Just ordered my springs/shocks from BMR! Great people to deal with on the phone and very responsive and knowledgeable to my product questions.
In business you either lead, follow or get out of the way. If Sam approached his business like he does his race events, he'd have yet another customer.
Sadly, he didn't make the checkered flag on this deal.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Knightrider5000
Just ordered my springs/shocks from BMR! Great people to deal with on the phone and very responsive and knowledgeable to my product questions.
In business you either lead, follow or get out of the way. If Sam approached his business like he does his race events, he'd have yet another customer.
Sadly, he didn't make the checkered flag on this deal.
Pics of it installed on the car? I'm curious on what kind of a stance BMR springs give a car.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NoHope
Pics of it installed on the car? I'm curious on what kind of a stance BMR springs give a car.
Theres tons of pictures on BMR springs. Ive yet to see one that doesnt look good. You cant go wrong with BMR springs IMO.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Theres tons of pictures on BMR springs. Ive yet to see one that doesnt look good. You cant go wrong with BMR springs IMO.
But the LCA relocation brackets they try to sell you are worthless, but the adj. PHB is required, correct?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

But the LCA relocation brackets they try to sell you are worthless, but the adj. PHB is required, correct?
i've seen a lot saying they are happy with founders cheapest in the market & well you could see a whole thread about em
Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Please search, this stuff is covered in the stickies at the top...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-tech-faq.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...eal-world.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...e-newbies.html

Nothing other than springs are "required" to lower the car. But (if you read the links above) lowering these cars will push the rear axle to the drivers side because of how 3 link suspension geometry works, the only way to correct this and center it is an adjustable PHB (or watts link).
Relocation brackets can be used if you get wheel hop, but will hurt handling by changing the rear roll center, potentially causing snap oversteer.
^This is the kind of real advise/knowledge you get if you buy from Stranoparts or UMI, other sponsors will just offer you what ever makes them the most money, with little to no tech advise on how things actually work. On top of that you will be supporting sponsors that actually develop their own parts through testing, rather than just copying from others...
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Please search, this stuff is covered in the stickies at the top...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-tech-faq.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...eal-world.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...e-newbies.html

Nothing other than springs are "required" to lower the car. But (if you read the links above) lowering these cars will push the rear axle to the drivers side because of how 3 link suspension geometry works, the only way to correct this and center it is an adjustable PHB (or watts link).
Relocation brackets can be used if you get wheel hop, but will hurt handling by changing the rear roll center, potentially causing snap oversteer.
^This is the kind of real advise/knowledge you get if you buy from Stranoparts or UMI, other sponsors will just offer you what ever makes them the most money, with little to no tech advise on how things actually work. On top of that you will be supporting sponsors that actually develop their own parts through testing, rather than just copying from others...
Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Teching In

I decided on BMR springs just because i got them really cheap thanks to there KONI/Spring sale if i wouldnt of got brand new springs for cheap i wouldve definitely went with Strano. Going to get Strano sway bars in the future
Old 04-28-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LCA relocation brackets can be used two ways - restore the factory LCA angle when lowering a car by using the upper hole, or increasing launch traction by using the lower hole, which can potentially cause poorer handling characteristics. I've heard claims both ways on that, so I plan on experimenting with mine when I do the install. I'll install on the upper hole first to get a good baseline feel of things, then later put them to the lower hole and play with it again.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
LCA relocation brackets can be used two ways - restore the factory LCA angle when lowering a car by using the upper hole, or increasing launch traction by using the lower hole, which can potentially cause poorer handling characteristics. I've heard claims both ways on that, so I plan on experimenting with mine when I do the install. I'll install on the upper hole first to get a good baseline feel of things, then later put them to the lower hole and play with it again.
Please report back when you find out what they do for your car. 90% of people are saying they're unnecessary for just lowering your car, just something else to add for going fast in a straight line.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I will but it will be a while for a couple reasons. 1) not gonna push the car hard until I get new tires late May/early June as mine are bald and 2) I want to drive it at least a couple weeks both ways to get a decent comparison.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Please report back when you find out what they do for your car. 90% of people are saying they're unnecessary for just lowering your car, just something else to add for going fast in a straight line.
For the last time, they are not necessary for lowering, they are a part used for gaining traction from a change in rear LCA geometry from lowering. Driving the car around normally you will not benefit, or even notice them. I have a set (along with a ton of other suspension mods), read my reviews on parts from a previous thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/17303026-post16.html
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

^ This!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

For the last time, they are not necessary for lowering, they are a part used for gaining traction from a change in rear LCA geometry from lowering. Driving the car around normally you will not benefit, or even notice them. I have a set (along with a ton of other suspension mods), read my reviews on parts from a previous thread:
I only asked because of this:

Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post. makes me want to somehow remove my welded in SFCs... sigh I knew I should have bolted them in! sold my LCA brackets to a guy who drag races hard core, and now Im looking at strano bars!

Quick Reply: BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?