Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Should a UMI Adj. PHB slide front to back 2-3"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should a UMI Adj. PHB slide front to back 2-3"?

I think I might have been a dumbass and lost a spacer (again)...

Been driving it some after getting all the new parts on. Used http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...ID=8&PartID=69 for my PHB. Been getting a loud clunk out of the rear on any bump / speed shift that has gotten way worse. Got car up on stands finally, and I realized that the PHB can shift back and forth (towards the front of the car / back of the car) on the adjustable end (axle end) a good 2-3".

That doesn't seem right. Inform me: Did I pull a retardo moment again? And if so, any place I can buy the spacer

(Yes, I 100% grant this is the fact that I'm in way over my head on this - I've learned my lesson).
Old 08-08-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a spacer is missing. The rod-end should have a spacer on either side, between the rod-end and the axle mounting tab.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

sweet, I was a n00btard then.

Ok, I'll track down UMI and see if they'll sell me a spacer
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anything get a picture of it and post it up
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by babbage1109
If anything get a picture of it and post it up
Oh, one side definitely looks different from the other, so if it's supposed to be symmetrical (front to back), then I'm missing a bit.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It definitely sounds like you are missing the step bushings that reduce the rod end hole size from 3/4" to 14mm and make up for the spacing, place the rod end centered in the mount.

You will beed two of these for the that PHB- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=485

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
It definitely sounds like you are missing the step bushings that reduce the rod end hole size from 3/4" to 14mm and make up for the spacing, place the rod end centered in the mount.

You will beed two of these for the that PHB- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=485

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Exactly what I needed. Thank you good sir, lesson learned (and parts ordered)! I knew I'd get the answer coming here.

edit: I do want to say though, I was hoping to get them overnight, but $105 shipping on $6 worth of parts is amusing :p Anyway... Thank ye again!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
Exactly what I needed. Thank you good sir, lesson learned (and parts ordered)! I knew I'd get the answer coming here.

edit: I do want to say though, I was hoping to get them overnight, but $105 shipping on $6 worth of parts is amusing :p Anyway... Thank ye again!
Our shopping cart does that automatically so small items are tough for it to quote. Its accurate on larger items.

I can ship them Tuesday for Wednesday delivery for $20.00 more than you paid ($32.00 for overnight shipping) Unfortunately Express already picked up today so they need to go tomorrow. If you want to go this way let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Our shopping cart does that automatically so small items are tough for it to quote. Its accurate on larger items.

I can ship them Tuesday for Wednesday delivery for $20.00 more than you paid ($32.00 for overnight shipping) Unfortunately Express already picked up today so they need to go tomorrow. If you want to go this way let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
I figured, as it's really designed for shipping "large chunks of metal". If you can upgrade them to overnight and ship it out tomorrow, that'd be awesome - I can PM you the order number.

edit: Already shipped via ground. I appreciate the try though It's why I bought your gear in the first place

Last edited by Lopoetve; 08-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.