Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP!! Need Springs + Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Need Springs + Shocks

Only want springs and shocks for now! But want to handle as good as possible no body roll and when i hit the brakes i dont want my front end to go into the ground as my rear end flys up. PLEASE HELP! I know coil overs would be the best but dont have that kind of money right now so please help me out with some other great brands.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you are looking for something more budget oriented we have a package that uses Tokico blue shocks and our BMR lowering springs. Another good option is Bilstein shocks and our BMR lowering springs. Koni shock are arguably the best but probably a bit out of your budget. Here are a couple links that of packages that may really interest you:

Level 1 Tokico Handling Performance Package (HPP029)

Here is a couple better packages as far performance goes but it is a bit more pricey.

Level 1 Koni Handling Performance Package (HPP024)

Level 2 Koni Handling Performance Package (HPP025)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We do offer a Bilstein and spring package, but we haven't loaded it up to the site yet. PM me or call for details/pricing.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sketchymaro
Only want springs and shocks for now! But want to handle as good as possible no body roll and when i hit the brakes i dont want my front end to go into the ground as my rear end flys up. PLEASE HELP! I know coil overs would be the best but dont have that kind of money right now so please help me out with some other great brands.
you really need to throw a budget price out there...

most people will say koni's with strano's but your looking at like a $1400 set up...

Bilsteins with strano is about half that.. $700, and from what I have read/been told, thats about as cheap as you can go without using junk components...

Ive also heard BMR sells good stuff, so taking a gander at their kits is worth your while, as long as you have the money lol
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Teching In

I know SLP is selling a set of bilsteins. But I don't know if they are good. I don't want to waste 700 ill just throw another few hundred if I need to. But if anyone thinks that bilsteins are very good ill just get those.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

I know SLP is selling a set of bilsteins. But I don't know if they are good. I don't want to waste 700 ill just throw another few hundred if I need to. But if anyone thinks that bilsteins are very good ill just get those.
if you have the 700 ide go with bilsteins and strano's lol... if you have the money to go with koni's and strano's then ide do that....

this is coming from a poor mans perspective haha
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Do you know if there is a big difference? If so ill go with koni
Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Do you know if there is a big difference? If so ill go with koni
strano springs were tested and developed on koni shocks... so obv. they will work best together

and knowing hes won countless SCCA National Championships with the set up... if you have the money def. go with it

but dont take my word for it, look at the countless threads on the set up, and send Sam Strano a pm... im sure he'll help ya out
Old 11-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

no problem
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It's not "countless" if you can count them...

Our springs work well in a variety of applications, and are certainly at home when paired with a set of the Koni shocks. Our springs provide a terrific ride on the street while offering tremendous performance and aesthetic benefits. On top of that, we have a lifetime warranty with our springs and we are currently offering such a discount when you purcahse Koni shocks with our springs, you essentially get the springs for free!

HPP024 - Level 1 Koni Handling Performance Package $926.80

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
It's not "countless" if you can count them..
it is if you dont know the exact number, and dont care nearly enough to look it up
Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by __Z__
it is if you dont know the exact number, and dont care nearly enough to look it up
Four or less in an F-Body. There is no denying the talent it takes to achieve just one with the rules they have. Truely a driver's race.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
you really need to throw a budget price out there...

most people will say koni's with strano's but your looking at like a $1400 set up...

Bilsteins with strano is about half that.. $700, and from what I have read/been told, thats about as cheap as you can go without using junk components...

Ive also heard BMR sells good stuff, so taking a gander at their kits is worth your while, as long as you have the money lol
Ahhh, fwiw, Koni/Strano isn't near $1400. In fact starts around $1100 for Koni's and my springs, and well $300 is a tangible difference I think.

SLP Bilstein's and my springs are in fact $620, not $700. And yes, that's about as far down as I'd go. Tokico and AGX shocks are all about the same price, the Bilstein's are built much better. I sell both of those as well.

I'm not going to sit here and say you need anything specific because without talking to you and figuring out what you expect, want and can afford it's a bit futile unless I just wanted to spout a list of what I'd want to sell you. And that's not really me. I'm more worried about what works, and often stop folks from buying everything they intended (happened 3 times today already).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Ahhh, fwiw, Koni/Strano isn't near $1400. In fact starts around $1100 for Koni's and my springs, and well $300 is a tangible difference I think.

SLP Bilstein's and my springs are in fact $620, not $700. And yes, that's about as far down as I'd go. Tokico and AGX shocks are all about the same price, the Bilstein's are built much better. I sell both of those as well.

I'm not going to sit here and say you need anything specific because without talking to you and figuring out what you expect, want and can afford it's a bit futile unless I just wanted to spout a list of what I'd want to sell you. And that's not really me. I'm more worried about what works, and often stop folks from buying everything they intended (happened 3 times today already).
sorry sam, I was just throwing out rough guesstimates based on the small amount of looking around ive done...

btw does the 620 for bilsteins and your springs include shipping?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

No it doesn't, but I've learned that if you say $X and free shipping folks tend to ignore that. So more and more I've had to assume that folks can't do the match and move to just pricing that "looks good" vs. a nice tidy sum total--I guess it's not as easy to understand I think it is.

Shipping depends on where you live, and what you are getting, but even a set of Bilstein's and springs going all the way to say Washington state wouldn't be $700 delivered.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

lol ide probably assume around 620-650 shipped to my location which is not bad by any means