Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders Performance SFCs

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Founders Performance SFCs

I figured I would post up my thoughts on them since I couldnt fint too much info about them. Bought them direct from Founders for $108 and change, weld in and black powdercoat. Had them at my door in 3 days, and thats shipping cross country. Pretty quick if you ask me. The install went extremely smooth and they fit in no problem. Car feels stiffer than it did before. Theis is the 2nd product I have bought from Founders (first was LCA Relo brakcets) and I would not hesitate to continue using them after seeing the quality product and great customer service they offer.

The part:
http://www.foundersperformance.com/1...ctors-weld-in/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Launching!

I have these as well although they are not installed yet. I also have their relocation brackets, lower control arms and pan hard bar as well. You can't beat their prices and the shipping was decent though not as fast as yours.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

El cheapo.

Look at the LCA mounting point on the UMI ones -- much better design on both sides of the LCA body mount point, and longer mounting plate in front:
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_113_263
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The difference is negligible in my opinion. They were designed to be welded in. I do like how they boxed in the front connection though on the founders, and they definitely aren't any shorter on the front btw. I have UMI boxed on my car but the founders weren't available back then. For the money? IDK, tough choice.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

The founders are actually bigger because they didnt make them to be steathy i can see mine from the side of the car umi you cant but IMO the design is better because in this case bigger is better. mild steel is mild steel why pay more for the same thing, but they both work so get what ever you think is best
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Their prices are great. But I ordered lca's, panhard ban, and relocation brackets about 4 weeks ago and still havent got them. I called them about a week ago and they said it took longer than expected to do the powdering coating. But i still dont have them. 4 weeks is a long time.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776

Look at the LCA mounting point on the UMI ones -- much better design on both sides of the LCA body mount point, and longer mounting plate in front:
Running a tab over to the other side on the lca mount doesn't add any structural integrity to the design of the subframe connector. Our axle side has full gussets making it extremely strong in bending. In terms of the front plate ours is also stronger by design in how the box form captures the complete frame rail. The problem with using simple flat plate is the loads put it in bending and it takes a lot less force to bend and flex a flat plate than it does a boxed in saddle. Just because we are less money doesn't mean we are supplying inferior parts. We don't have distributors and therefore we don't mark up the parts the extra 30-40% for others to make money.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I definitely would love to give Founders SFC's a try. It's hard to beat for the money. I will be buying my LCAs from them when it's time. Either way, you are tying in the subframes. Please provide a picture of ANY true subframe connector breaking at either point, and then there can be a good discussion.

Midwest Chassis might be on to something though on their SFCs. They mount at a different point at the rear, and claim just bolting into the rear LCA mounts isn't "true". But I'm no pro.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OutrunNAScaR14
Their prices are great. But I ordered lca's, panhard ban, and relocation brackets about 4 weeks ago and still havent got them. I called them about a week ago and they said it took longer than expected to do the powdering coating. But i still dont have them. 4 weeks is a long time.
Same thing here. Same excuse. I haven't been 4 weeks yet, but it's been way too long. I've not heard a word from them either. I had to call them to find out what's going on. It's all leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

I have the bolt in LCA's and relocation brackets from Founders. Great product!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Anyone ever had issues with it taking forever for a founders performance order to ship ? I ordered something from them beginning of last week and still have yet to receive any tracking info and on their site it still says awaiting Awaiting Fulfillment
Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
This is literally the dumbest post I have ever read in my 5 years on this site. You are suggesting that torsional (twisting) load is better controlled with a long thin flat plate rather then a 3 sided box? Holy ****
The following users liked this post:
Blac94z28 (12-29-2019)
Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by el33tprodigy
Anyone ever had issues with it taking forever for a founders performance order to ship ? I ordered something from them beginning of last week and still have yet to receive any tracking info and on their site it still says awaiting Awaiting Fulfillment
Talk about timing...mine shipped yesterday...just as I was picking up the phone to cancel the order, the email arrived. It was an issue with their powdercoater the way I understand it.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Yea mine shipped yesterday as well I ordered it last tuesday thats an awful long time and first time i emailed them was thursday they said it would ship that day and then i emailed them yesterday and they said it would ship yesterday and it actually did... Not sure how long it usually takes to ship items for them but they could have atleast notified us via email that they were having issues instead of just saying it will ship today and it didn't. I was about to cancel mine as well and order form else where.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Competition is good.

The UMI flat plate provides a nice rigid jacking point as well.

Also, Founders says nothing about convertible compatibility, UMI has them, and they are not able to be bolted-in even though welding is the best bet and what I did...

Another question is where are they manufactured?

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
Running a tab over to the other side on the lca mount doesn't add any structural integrity to the design of the subframe connector. Our axle side has full gussets making it extremely strong in bending. In terms of the front plate ours is also stronger by design in how the box form captures the complete frame rail. The problem with using simple flat plate is the loads put it in bending and it takes a lot less force to bend and flex a flat plate than it does a boxed in saddle. Just because we are less money doesn't mean we are supplying inferior parts. We don't have distributors and therefore we don't mark up the parts the extra 30-40% for others to make money.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Are there any plans to do a third gen sfc?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Website says 100% made in the USA. Doesn't get any clearer then that. ANything else you have to add
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Cant wait till I can get some extra doh to get me a set in black!

Founders has really nice parts and for the price really you just cant beat it
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same on order issues lol. I ordered some LCA's and Relocation brackets on saturday. Still have yet to ship, I'm guessing it's the powdercoating issue for me as well.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Yes! Any plans for third gen sfc's?

Quick Reply: Founders Performance SFCs