Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Put on my brakemotive rotors/brakes last night..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put on my brakemotive rotors/brakes last night..

Well their no brembo.... but they are nice quality. A good package for
$170 shipped comparably to others. First time I've ever done a rotor/brake swap on the TA. Took about 3hrs including painting the calipesr/brackets.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...ZNGTJu0bM2bV6s
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Looks nice! I have been looking at those also. Now the big question is, how does it stop?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Looks nice! I have been looking at those also. Now the big question is, how does it stop?
Alot better than before...I'm so used to pushing the brake pedal down further comparably to now hardly touching them...
Hard to tell the difference between these and stock because my old pads were **** with about 20% life and driven over a 3 year period. I got used to it.
So for the most part it stops/slows significally better with no vibration or noise. I really wanted these for the great price...my old rotors were getting rusted..good time to paint the calipers/brackets. Their just hard to beat for the price.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Did you get there ceramic pads? And did you get new lines and flush the fluid?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless your lines are bad or you just want to replace them just because you don't need to replace the lines. New fluid wouldn't be a bad idea if it hasn't been done in a while. I think the only pads that they carry are ceramic.

I had a set on my old Camaro, they worked well. I have some on my Trailblazer now. My current Camaro's rotors are in decent shape and it just needs new front pads, but next time it needs everything I'll put Brakemotive on it again.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Did you get there ceramic pads? And did you get new lines and flush the fluid?
Yeah..they come with ceramic..my lines look perfect, so no need to replace them. I'll change the fluid next set of pads. I had the fluid changed at 50000miles. Has 78000miles now.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by justin hover
Yeah..they come with ceramic..my lines look perfect, so no need to replace them. I'll change the fluid next set of pads. I had the fluid changed at 50000miles. Has 78000miles now.
No, I was thinking that you need to change to a better fluid like ATE and put Stainless steal lines also. Much better pedel feel.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Shoot, I've changed my brake fluid probably 6 times in the last 20,000.

I'm a little shocked you noticed that much of a change, honestly. Pads make the biggest difference in brake performance increase. Right now I still have my track pads in (Hawk HTC60s) and man do that bite on the street.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
Shoot, I've changed my brake fluid probably 6 times in the last 20,000.

I'm a little shocked you noticed that much of a change, honestly. Pads make the biggest difference in brake performance increase. Right now I still have my track pads in (Hawk HTC60s) and man do that bite on the street.
It just has that new brake feel...nothing neck snapping.
Why have you've changed the fluid so many times? Am I neglecting mine that much? I know some really never change it. I thought those fluids could practically last the life of the vehicle...Maybe I should change it again.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

It just has that new brake feel...nothing neck snapping.
Why have you've changed the fluid so many times? Am I neglecting mine that much? I know some really never change it. I thought those fluids could practically last the life of the vehicle...Maybe I should change it again.
Thats part of the problem. Some guys never change it! I dont what year your car is, but its at least 10 years old. I am just saying that you can buy a liter of a good dot 4 brake fluid like ATE super blue for 15-20 bucks and flush out all of that 10 year old crap. Its not going to make a huge difference, but it will make a difference. As far as the lines, they are 10 year old rubber lines, they might be okay, but look at most performance brake kits, they give you S/S lines. I am saying, if you want to maxamize your stock brakes, change the lines and fluid also. You have new performance rotors and pads, its all part of the system.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll definitely flush and replace the lines at the end of the summer. Guess the whole system does need some TLC. I've neglected it for other upgrades for too long I suppose.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

I'll definitely flush and replace the lines at the end of the summer. Guess the whole system does need some TLC. I've neglected it for other upgrades for too long I suppose.
Good boy. I was just looking at my bottle of ATE fluid, and it says to change after 2-3 years. Its just like any other fluid in your car. That **** dont last forever!....
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What did you use to paint the calipers/brackets? Did you paint them on the car or while everything was apart?

I've been perfectly happy with my Brakemotive setup. Then again, I only put 3000 miles on my car last year. I just needed something affordable in a pinch, but I won't upgrade these unless I get serious into twisty racing.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah if you think the brakes feel good now, flush out the old fluid with new fluid. It will feel 10 times better.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by demonspeed
What did you use to paint the calipers/brackets? Did you paint them on the car or while everything was apart?

I've been perfectly happy with my Brakemotive setup. Then again, I only put 3000 miles on my car last year. I just needed something affordable in a pinch, but I won't upgrade these unless I get serious into twisty racing.
Painted the brackets off the car. Calipers I painted back in the wheel well with some plastic/tape. Regular caliper paint. They were sanded and polished already so the prep work was already done.

Last edited by justin hover; 03-10-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Put on my brakemotive rotors/brakes last night..