Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Coke dates back to 1886, Pepsi to 1893, so yeah, looks like Coke got the jump. I wiki'd this **** man so nobody better argue, its obviously 100% correct if its on wiki. Why dont we forget all of this car stuff and talk about soda instead. I could buy a lot of cases of either brand if I sold my car.
Then you'd drink it all and get diabeetus
Old 06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camarokid91
I purchased mine for the 550 lbs/150lbs spring rate for autocrossing. My springs did slightly drop my car about roughly .9 of an inch in the front. I have koni's on the top ring and will be dropping the ring to the lower.

Current ride height is 26.5 and once I drop the ring it should lower it about 1/3-1/2 inch more.
I purchased them for the same reason and have them on the top ring. What would be the concequences of autocrossing on the lower ring? I read somewhere this will void the warrenty, but i think that is probably bogus.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Then you'd drink it all and get diabeetus
LOL. Diabeetus.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How dare y'all insult my ability to post truthful **** on the internet. My researchedness ability operating capacity is topnotch.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
It's real old news by now, but BMR definitely made their copy of Strano springs no doubt, with some minute differences. That story goes way back... but its ones own opinion whether its right or wrong. Good stuff gets copied everywhere. You see it all over the place. UMI made their own version of the Bob Bishop C5 brackets... now everyone's got their own brackets There's tons of swaybars out there with the same size between various companies. In a way, I'd consider it a compliment.
Minute? LOL!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chaman
Minute? LOL!
Don't be a jerk and laugh at someone using a word correctly.

Look at the dictionary.

mi·nute (mi-noot)
adj.
1. Exceptionally small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Don't be a jerk and laugh at someone using a word correctly.

Look at the dictionary.

mi·nute (mi-noot)
adj.
1. Exceptionally small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
Nice copy/paste skills, but Im laughing at the dream that some fanboys still have about BMR copying Strano's springs. If anything this thread has COMPLETELY debunked that. I know what minute means and its definitively a nice description of a few brains around here.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK then, so what? Why do you seem to think that gives you any reason to call people idiots? You hate Strano, we get that. Just let it go already. Geez.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

OK then, so what? Why do you seem to think that gives you any reason to call people idiots? You hate Strano, we get that. Just let it go already. Geez.
Anyone who, faced with these facts, still believes Stranos stories deserves to be called an idiot. You just called me a jerk so what gives you that reason? I dont hate anyone, I hate lies and attempts to manipulate opinions. I hate lousy customer service and nonsense fanboys....and I love this thread. Clear enough now? Geez.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts

I've had to stay away from here. I will simply reiterate that not all cars will sit the same, it's not possible, they never have, and they never will.

Lots of happy folks over the years, and lots of springs have gone out in the last few weeks without issue.

As for the mess with the other folks who make springs. I love how everyone who dislikes me chooses to ignore how the others were completely differently wound and rates until about 3 years after my springs came out... all the while up to the point they suddenly changed claiming they were "the best". Well, if they were the best why change them? And why change them in rate and winding to be so much more like what others had? Ignoring that doesn't change the fact that's what happened.

As for the differences in height, no two cars are ever exactly the same. Free length on my springs can vary a bit do the the shot-peening and stress relief process. I think over the last 3 runs of springs which is 360 sets, I had 3 'complaints' of the front being "too high". And the one that started this, stated a few months back that he was thrilled with how the car drove and if it never changed he'd be happy, and then he wasn't (maybe in part because of the mob-mentality of the internet, I don't know). Looking at his car, I didn't think it looked all jacked up anyway and that's the thing with LOOKS.. they are subjective and I cannot and will not guarantee something subjective.

The last "issue" I had before this one the guy screamed about how his car was nose high. When he compared his before and after measurements (and he had another set of other brand lowering springs on the car) mine were actually 1/8" of closer front to rear than what he had before, but he kept insisting that wasn't the case. He send me numbers and pictures, and he had them all marked showing exactly that. His perception was that was the case because I lowered the rear more than what he had which closed that gap and made it look like it dropped more than the front, when in fact it didn't vs. the previous set based on his own pics and measurements.

I said this a long time ago, I made spring to drive right. Lots of folks like how they look, and that's great. I'm glad that folks are willing to not all buy into the internet lynch-mob and look at the long term track record and the performance of the product.

Some like Chaman will always be looking for reason to troll.

Facts are still this. My spring didn't change, others did after mine came out, and they changed to be very different from what was previously made and claimed to be "the best". That's fine if that is what they believed, but if they were the best, what do they make now? I'm the one who raced on these springs, and won National Championships on these springs. I'm the one who make the decisions around this place for better or worse, and I'm the one who will tell you what I think, even if you don't like it, to keep you from wasting money and that pisses some people off. I'll live with it, I have to, I can't operate any other way. If you don't like it, that's fine because I'm not going to lie to tell someone what they want to hear to get a cheap and easy sale. I know that not selling you whatever you want it considered terrible customer service to some. But to others it's the best kind of service. I'm damned if do, damned if I don't.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Me trolling you....no sir you have been trolling a lot of good folks with your blah, blah "explanations" for to damn long now. What part of your springs did BMR stole from you? How about that? Guess the rest of the guys who also think you are full of it are also trolls....

You are full indeed and finally others can see it. Im done with this thread and with you.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

im done with this thread and with you.
THANK YOU!!!

lol
Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

chaman, what an A-hole. you called someone out on the improper use of the English language when you were the one who was wrong. I could give a F about your opinions, as most other would agree i am sure. wtf do you do when you arent on here bashing someone? What i am getting here is that one guy who got bum springs. I think sam handled this case wrong. that being said, there are numerous threads praising, pics and all, his springs for a multitude of reasons. Were all, well at least most of us, here to gain knowledge. Your uncalled for amount of vapid posts do nothing for anyone. Why don't you go put bigger, heavier rims on your car and then tell us all how much more knowledgeable you are compared to most of us. You are the exact reason why ls1tech threads contain such little real info. You know what? I am going to start responding to every thread that appears with nonsensical information too. I cant wait until my status gets upgraded based on me being a douche. Solid plan. I want to buy sam's springs just because of how much i hate you. Waiting for your witty, and possibly English language accurate, comeback. Thanks for ruining this thread. And moderator, you warned him before. What is going on?

OMG!!!! YOU PHOTOSHOPPED A PICTURE TO POST HERE!!!!!!!! YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY VAGINA AS AN ALTERNATIVE TIME KILLER. G you're lame.

Last edited by AnotherWs6; 06-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Me trolling you....no sir you have been trolling a lot of good folks with your blah, blah "explanations" for to damn long now. What part of your springs did BMR stole from you? How about that? Guess the rest of the guys who also think you are full of it are also trolls....

You are full indeed and finally others can see it. Im done with this thread and with you.
This is exactly the problem LS1tech has been having these past few years. You have no real racing experience other than racing to the nearest autozone to badge/chrome up your car, or racing to the next car show. You have no experience with either spring in question either.
Yet you try and argue with a guy that has years and years of racing experience, driver instruction and car setup because years ago he called you out on your bullshit and you still have a grudge, grow up dude, nobody cares. Now you are crying again with the same old bullshit, pointing fingers, and ignoring facts. Whens the last time you posted something truly helpful? Hope them boys at BMR are paying you well... Or are they still going by www.umiparts.net, or www.umisucks.com, or www.umisucksdick.com
Yeah the guys that would buy those domain names to redirect traffic to their site would never copy anything, would they?
Going away present for you:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ber-broke.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...arm-broke.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...rain-pics.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-what-now.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ave-proof.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...orque-arm.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ber-broke.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...trol-arms.html
Just a few threads of the hundreds that didn't get deleted.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Please, he said he's done with the thread, let's hope he's not lying and don't give him reason to come back.

Also, it isn't exactly fair to single out BMR regarding something that broke because all of them have had stuff break at one point or another. Just saying.

BTW, only the first link you gave (umiparts.net) actually works. The others don't. Still, rather dirty of them to do that IMO.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GIFSoup

Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMR likely changed their spring design through a process called 'continuous improvement'. This is a process called out by successful companies who adjust to changing customer feedback and communications and respond accordingly. I'd rather subscribe to this event rather than industrial espionage and 'stealing' another design - but theft does happen often in the automotive industry.

I'll never know why Coca Cola launched "New Coke" but the backlash from consumers quickly brought about a marketing windfall with the
re-launched 'Classic Coke". It's hard to maintain a market leadership position and the number one sales position. Coke or Pepsi? There's a winner for most folks. 7Up was brilliant as the "UN-Cola" demonstrating smaller can be just as effective.

Competition is a good thing, it makes better products and choices for consumers. Every car enthusiast should appreciate this forum's sponsors commitment to the sport and the choices in products and services available to all.

Cheers!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't kid yourselves...he'll be back. Strano bashing seems to be his favorite pastime. That, and picture whoring his car.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow.......i bout the 4/3 kit fron Strano back in 07 for my 01 ss. 1.2 drop in the front and 1" in the back and that is what I got. If it would of been diffrent i would of return them. Really hate to see this happening.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Knightrider5000
BMR likely changed their spring design through a process called 'continuous improvement'. This is a process called out by successful companies who adjust to changing customer feedback and communications and respond accordingly. I'd rather subscribe to this event rather than industrial espionage and 'stealing' another design - but theft does happen often in the automotive industry.
The problem with your theory is that these cars have been on the market since '93 with the same suspension design. The engines and minor things may have changed over the years but the suspension is all the same. So unless there is a new technology or material available there would be no reason to completely change design if you did it right the first time. Who else changed their springs? You will notice an ironic trend with them. They make a part the first time, claim its the best (it likely breaks then) and then they redesign it remarkably closer to the competitions product, then claim that one is the best now. This is with literally all their 4th gen fbody suspension since they first started.

The difference with Sam is he went out and competed in fstock auto-x, trying a huge amount of setups, tweaking and figuring out what worked best for him (which lead to multiple national wins in his Camaro), and is now selling the setup he worked years tweaking and making. He never claims its the best for every situation, never gives a salesman BS response, just tells you what he feels works for you vs selling you a bunch of things you don't need. Dont like it? Go elsewhere. Want first hand SCCA experience, tech and knowledge on setting your car up to turn? Only one sponsor to go to for that here...

Competition is a good thing, it makes better products and choices for consumers. Every car enthusiast should appreciate this forum's sponsors commitment to the sport and the choices in products and services available to all.

Cheers!
Totally agree, the problem isn't so much the copying as much as their attitude, sales man auto reply and their lack of tech info compared to competition.

Quick Reply: RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!