Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable LCA's worth the money? Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable LCA's worth the money? Torque Arm

I have hotchkins non-adjustable LCA's but I am looking at Founders 2 way adjustable LCA's and panhard bar kit. Whats ya'lls 2 cents. Also has anyone made there own Torque Arm
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Get an adjustable panhard kit for sure because lowering the car will cause the tires to sit to one side of the car more, but adjustable LCAs serve only to center the wheels within the fender better. If you don't mind your wheels sitting in factory location (slightly offset to the rear) or plan to get a 28" tire, then save the money and just get some basic tubular LCAs. But get something that pivots in the rear better than poly, whether it be rod end, delrin, or Founder's new 3way poly bushing.

Or just put some MOOG bushings in the stock LCAs. Stock LCAs aren't all that weak really, just the old factory worn bushings.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FWIW I'm liking the Founders 3 piece poly bushing so far. I haven't done any crazy cornering as my tires are junk and I still have the stock sways, but it hasn't felt unsettled or stiff/bound up from what I have done.

It was less of a hassle to get those arms than to screw around with trying to press new bushings into the factory stamped arms and the cost really wasn't that much more. Might even be the same if you were paying someone to press in new bushings.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I have the hotchkins LCA and they are alot bigger and stronger then the founders but I would think the founders is plenty strong enough. Any problems with your founders setups?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive heard and read that Founder's make awesome products. Havent heard any complains yet.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001WS6-DJP
I have the hotchkins LCA and they are alot bigger and stronger then the founders but I would think the founders is plenty strong enough. Any problems with your founders setups?
I've never seen the hotchkis LCAs, but just curious about your claim they are bigger and stronger. Stronger how? Have you or anyone else tested that? I really don't see how they could be bigger as my Founders arms fill the LCA mount points. I don't think you can get any larger.

I've had no problems with mine, but I only installed them a week ago and have only driven the car a a couple times since then, and certainly nothing aggressive, so I can't really say much there. However, the welds looked to be pretty good and I don't know of anyone else who has had any issues.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

They are alot larger and they are not tublar a friend of mine has founders on his car. The hotchkins is made of 1/4 inch plate steel it is a box design with braces in the inside. They are also 5 or so lb heavier each . If you see one in person it is obvious that they are stronger but that does not mean they are better. They are alot more expensive though. I haven't tested it but like I say once you see them there is no question about it.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I have been UMI on everything, but when Founders released their new 3-piece poly bushing LCA I bought a pair up quick once I saw the price. They sure are nice quality arms, and the bushings are nice. They did add a bit more vibration because the 3-piece poly joint has a solid ball in the middle that pivots, so it's basically a rod-end surrounded by poly.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

I just put a set of founders on car adjustable arms with rod ends since I went to 28" tires. Can't really complain so far. A little noisy but its the nature of a rod end I suppose. You can just hear a click from time to time when the end pivots around the ball.

Quick Reply: Adjustable LCA's worth the money? Torque Arm