Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm not wrong. BMR's site confirms what I said on warranties. Also, what I state is automotive regulations. BMR doesn't have to pass crash tests or anything else with their parts. It is truly caveat emptor. You buy an aftermarket part, you should know the limitations of it.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micah41091
Then what about your old system? no longer have ways to look at that or review any previous customers? That doesn't mean we should be left in the dark. A single person to keep track of receipts over years<A company keeping track of customers.
Did you miss the previous post where BMR said they'd fix your current k-member for free? They are trying to work with you. To me the issue is solved... toss the k-member in a box and ship it. Is this not good enough?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Micah41091
Funny that on there description on there site or rpmspeed they dont mention a warranty period maybe you should do your homework before you put your foot in your mouth again.
You're a damn retard! Just in case you missed it TWICE, here it is AGAIN:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=disclaimer
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
I'm not wrong. BMR's site confirms what I said on warranties. Also, what I state is automotive regulations. BMR doesn't have to pass crash tests or anything else with their parts. It is truly caveat emptor. You buy an aftermarket part, you should know the limitations of it.
Agreed, which is a reason I am very reluctant to run tubular anything as a replacement on our cars. This isn't a knock on any vendor here, but when it's something as critical as a front/rear lower control arm, front upper control arm, engine cradle...I am not comfortable with running those on the street. Last thing I want is me doing 80 on the freeway with my 2 year old in the back and to have the suspension collapse. If I am actually racing the car and have the proper safety equipment, yeah, I could tolerate the thought of a failure more easily.

This isn't limited to F-Bodies - I've seen failures on reputable Jeep tubular UCA's too. They are a great vendor, and have hundreds, if not thousands, of units out on the road. Failures happen, period. It's up to you to decide if you can live with it. I can't live with the UCA snapping on my Jeep on the e-way. I CAN live with it happening when I am crawling at 10mph on a trail. My vehicle is 99.9 road use - therefore, I live with a smaller lift and forego the benefits of a tubular UCA.

People just assume if it's for sale, it's guaranteed for all usage types, which is not the case. Do you really think a company like BMR, UMI, Founders, etc has the R&D money an OEM does? Do they subject vehicles to extreme usage testing? Do they crash test them? I work for an OEM, and I've seen the "shake tests" that are done on new vehicles to check for quality and durability in design. I don't really care if a vendor calls it "road use" or "offroad only" - is it DOT certified? If not, my guess is it's not subject to the same regulations and "recall" requirements an OEM is.

Again, that's not a knock - these tubular products are great and I am very happy that we have vendors willing to provide great aftermarket solutions, but buyer beware - make sure you've thought through your usage on these parts, and if you are running them, they need to be inspected regularly (not necessarily continually, but regularly).

Guys seem to forget that the race teams that use performance parts perform ridiculously short maintenance/inspections on their vehicles. John Q Public wants to emulate and have similar performance on his vehicle and just buys the stuff and then runs it on the street for years without a second thought.

Cliff's notes: Just consider your usage and purchase accordingly. There's no such thing as free lunch - everything comes with a tradeoff. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the "more is better, because racecar" mentality. I buy what I need and what will work best for my usage - which sometimes is buying nothing at all and sticking with OE components.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reason #23452 why I could never be in retail. People expect the world from you for pennies. Stevie Wonder could see that BMR is doing things that they clearly don't have to do here.

Quick Reply: Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?