Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Exaggerate much?

And Coppertone is right, you really don't need to quote the pics. Especially multiple times.

You're acting like BMR kicked your dog or something.
Call Thunder Racing and see if they answer the phone.

I don't like it when companies screw their customers. Especially since it would have been simple just to send him a new one at little cost to cover what is CLEARLY their f*&k up. If it wasn't CLEARLY BMR's fault this would be no issue.

So Micah is out a grand here. The $500 for the bad design POS K member that's in his car now and the cost to replace it.

Not counting labor, time the car is down and an alignment.

Amazes me what you sheep are prepared to accept and swallow as normal business practices.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
The receipt argument you keep bringing up is moot.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. The subject is obviously pretty controversial and there's plenty of varied opinions. Most people are making good points, but I firmly believe that based upon the situation that a 20% return is fair.
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thunder Racing =! BMR

They're asking for a simple proof of purchase. That's it. It isn't that much to ask, really.
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I got a recall notice for the old lady's SUV from Dodge. They wanted me to bring it in for a repair to the dash wiring. They didn't say I had to bring my receipt from purchase. Get your head outta your a$$, no one is denying what/where this k member came from <----directed towards the "proof of purchase" crowd.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Say I found a car in a junkyard and pulled off one of their old K-Members and it was in this condition. Then called up BMR saying that I bought it from them and I want to return it because it crapped out on me. Do you think that I should get a full refund?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I got a recall notice for the old lady's SUV from Dodge. They wanted me to bring it in for a repair to the dash wiring. They didn't say I had to bring my receipt from purchase. Get your head outta your a$$, no one is denying what/where this k member came from <----directed towards the "proof of purchase" crowd.
I think a formal recall notice as mandated by the US Government regulation is a little different than asking proof of original purchase on a k-member.

OP, you or your friend don't have anything archived in email or anything, receipts, payment authorization from paypal, etc.? Do you have any pics during the install, with dates, etc. If I'm reading correctly, all they are asking is original proof of purchase and they might throw you a free replacement.

I honestly wish BMR would throw you a free replacement, no questions asked. I like a gentlemen's deal and I try to form a business relationship from vendors whom I purchase a lot of stuff from. But, I can see their side of not believing the general public.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Micah41091
Well got the K- member pulled tonight. have a few more/better pictures of the damage. Besides being dirty from pulling it and some specs of rtv it is very good shape. (minus broken A arm mounts).

Proof car is not wrecked or been taken off any fast and furious jumps like one user said

driver side

passenger side

After looking at these picture it brings up even more questions. We have never ever sold a k-member from BMR that has multiple welds laid on top of one another so that k-member has been previously modifed and welded on by the OP or another third party.

I know some people see it our way and some people see it the way of the OP and that is how it will always be. We have by no means left the OP hanging because we have offered to give him a 25% discount on a new BMR k-member or he could send back his broken k-member and we will throw it in the jig and repair it and send it back to him free of charge. The OP has options but he is unwilling to compromise at all, the only option to him is to replace the k-member for him free of charge and anything less is not good enough. We are unwilling to do anything more for the OP unless he can provide proof that he is the original owner/purchaser of the k-member, if he can we will reevaluate the options for replacement and go from there.

We are not trying to screw anyone we just have certain policies we have to abide by and parameters that have to be met before we can just swap something out for someone. I personally understand the OP's frustration but if he wants us to replace a 10+ year old k-member free of charge he needs to provide the information we are looking for if not there will only be so much we are going to be able to offer. We are asking for one simple thing from the OP to be able to provide coverage way beyond our normal warranty and that is to provide proof that he is the original owner/purchaser of the k-member.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
After looking at these picture it brings up even more questions. We have never ever sold a k-member from BMR that has multiple welds laid on top of one another so that k-member has been previously modifed and welded on by the OP or another third party.
I had more respect for BMR when you said you just wanted a receipt, now that you saying it was Modified I have even less.......

I dont think this topic will put you out of business but I promise you its going to hurt your sales, 50% off would of made you look so much better to every one.......free would of make your sale probably go up

some time you have to take one for the team............

Unsubscribed.....
Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
I had more respect for BMR when you said you just wanted a receipt, now that you saying it was Modified I have even less.......

I dont think this topic will put you out of business but I promise you its going to hurt your sales, 50% off would of made you look so much better to every one.......free would of make your sale probably go up

some time you have to take one for the team............

Unsubscribed.....
Agreed.. BMR dropped the ball big time here.. the amount of business potentially lost from this thread alone is worth way more than the price of a single k-member.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Exactly 300>1000's in business...

And now saying the part has been modified hah...
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Anybody have an older style bmr k member that they could take pictures of the welds. Curious to see if it has these multiple welds that they are claiming.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has multiple welds now :p

But originally mine looked pretty clean. I was not looking
for details of welding style. Mine is not as old as this one
evidently but is (an) older design.

BMR is saying they -don't- do multi pass welds, or weld
over welds. I can't pick that out of the photos myself.
But I'm a self-edumacated shade tree welder, not a pro.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Bmr dropping the ball here. 25% off is a joke regardless of who the original purchaser is....I wouldn't even want a bmr kmember on my car after this. Come to think of it, it makes me want to take mine off and put the stock one back in
Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Umi..umi..umi....jk that's just what i'm using...
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know OP, im pretty sure ive seen your car jumping bridges

All jokes aside, i think BMR is being more than fair with the 20% off. I believe youre the original owner, but until you can prove that, bmr has to assume youre not. And i dont blame them. Thats why i always keep a receipt of my big purchases. Not only are car enthusiasts looking at this thread, but scammers aswell. If they see BMR giving away free stuff to those who only say they bought something from them, they are all gonna jump in and try to get a piece of the pie. BMR cant let that happen, cus then those 300 they lost turn into thousands.

As far as bmr "having" to replace the part simply because they made it, that has to be the dumbest **** ive heard so far. And comparing it to car recalls is even dumber. BMR sells parts, they dont rent them. That means they only make money by the customer who made the ORIGINAL purchase. Try buying anything through craigslist and returning it to the manufacturer expecting a replacement or money back. Its not gonna happen, and if it does please tell me who.

If OP can get his buddy who made the purchase to do the return, or even find a way to prove he spent his own money on the piece, then the whole story would change, but until then BMR has to assume OP just found the piece or stole it. Im not saying you did OP and i have no reason to believe youre not the original owner, but you gotta look at it through a different perspective here. Unfortunately companies need to follow these rules to protect themselves from scammers and thieves.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
or he could send back his broken k-member and we will throw it in the jig and repair it and send it back to him free of charge.
This sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28bryan
This sounds like a good deal to me.
It would be a decent option If shipping cost to them wouldn't be 100+ dollars to still have unrevised version that has problems and is know for breaking.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlow28
i dont know op, im pretty sure ive seen your car jumping bridges

all jokes aside, i think bmr is being more than fair with the 20% off. I believe youre the original owner, but until you can prove that, bmr has to assume youre not. And i dont blame them. Thats why i always keep a receipt of my big purchases. Not only are car enthusiasts looking at this thread, but scammers aswell. If they see bmr giving away free stuff to those who only say they bought something from them, they are all gonna jump in and try to get a piece of the pie. Bmr cant let that happen, cus then those 300 they lost turn into thousands.

As far as bmr "having" to replace the part simply because they made it, that has to be the dumbest **** ive heard so far. And comparing it to car recalls is even dumber. Bmr sells parts, they dont rent them. That means they only make money by the customer who made the original purchase. Try buying anything through craigslist and returning it to the manufacturer expecting a replacement or money back. Its not gonna happen, and if it does please tell me who.

If op can get his buddy who made the purchase to do the return, or even find a way to prove he spent his own money on the piece, then the whole story would change, but until then bmr has to assume op just found the piece or stole it. Im not saying you did op and i have no reason to believe youre not the original owner, but you gotta look at it through a different perspective here. Unfortunately companies need to follow these rules to protect themselves from scammers and thieves.
lmfo!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey
lmfo!!!!
Awesome pic!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Dangit yall caught me. Now Bmr is never going to warranty it lol. Props on the photo shop skills. But again I'm not looking for a free K member or I wouldn't have paind 550$ for one in the first place. I just want the one I have to be warrantied. I would gladly send this one back once I received the revised version. Bmr told me they would have no use for my current one if they happened to miraculously warranty there product because it is the old version that had flaws and had to be redesigned twice. (550$ boat anchor)

But thank you for making my night. Still laughing over the picture lol

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I dont know OP, im pretty sure ive seen your car jumping bridges

All jokes aside, i think BMR is being more than fair with the 20% off. I believe youre the original owner, but until you can prove that, bmr has to assume youre not. And i dont blame them. Thats why i always keep a receipt of my big purchases. Not only are car enthusiasts looking at this thread, but scammers aswell. If they see BMR giving away free stuff to those who only say they bought something from them, they are all gonna jump in and try to get a piece of the pie. BMR cant let that happen, cus then those 300 they lost turn into thousands.

As far as bmr "having" to replace the part simply because they made it, that has to be the dumbest **** ive heard so far. And comparing it to car recalls is even dumber. BMR sells parts, they dont rent them. That means they only make money by the customer who made the ORIGINAL purchase. Try buying anything through craigslist and returning it to the manufacturer expecting a replacement or money back. Its not gonna happen, and if it does please tell me who.

If OP can get his buddy who made the purchase to do the return, or even find a way to prove he spent his own money on the piece, then the whole story would change, but until then BMR has to assume OP just found the piece or stole it. Im not saying you did OP and i have no reason to believe youre not the original owner, but you gotta look at it through a different perspective here. Unfortunately companies need to follow these rules to protect themselves from scammers and thieves.

Quick Reply: Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?