Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New brakemotive rotors have pits near drilled holes??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brakemotive rotors have pits near drilled holes??!?!

So I ordered a full set of rotors and pads after finding almost zero negative reviews on their drilled and slotted rotors. I know drilled is more of an appearance mod but I couldn't find theirs in just slotted so. After receiving my packages I was sent all rear rotors . They were helpfull and sent a pre paid packing slip to my email and mailed me the front rotors. After another week I slapped on the front with no issues (aside from a couple severely rusted guide pins)when I got to the rear I realized they had actually sent me 4 rear rotors and two sets of front pads. My bad I really should have caught it before but I'm kinda a mechanical noob so I didn't . Whatever I bought some pads at oreilly and brakemotive was cool they will refund me the whole cost for the rear pads upon their receiving the other fronts. So it been a few days no problems did the bedding procedure,they seem to be fine and on my drivers side front rotors I notice these weird pits. I don't know what to think. Man, am I gonna have to go without my car for like a week and do another exchange or what? I swear I inspected them before I put them on.

Last edited by celtsean; 05-20-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea that's not normal. Here are mine with 10,000+ miles on them:

What pads are you using?

Looks like yours are either chipping or somehow machined wrong. But yea, I'd get another set, they really are amazing rotors for the price.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Yea that's not normal. Here are mine with 10,000+ miles on them:

What pads are you using?

Looks like yours are either chipping or somehow machined wrong. But yea, I'd get another set, they really are amazing rotors for the price.
I'm using the pads that came with them on the front. And lifetime ceramic on the rear since they messed up my order and I didn't catch they sent me all front pads. This is after three days of driving. About 40 miles on these rotors.

Last edited by celtsean; 05-20-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Well just talked to brakemotive and they'll be sending me a brand new front set. Oh well, guess I just had bad luck with this order. They said it's a machining error. They told me I can just keep the defective front set I have now for spares. Good enough customer service, but I don't think I would be comfortable using that pitted rotor any more than the week I have to wait for the replacements.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Great customer service!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

have the rotors with the pits turned .
Old 05-20-2015, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Build enough of something and you are going to have a few mistakes get past QC. At least they made good on it. I bet that the rotors work just fine as is.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

I'm not complaining at all. I'm quite pleased with their customer service. They're already refunding me the full cost of the pads for the rears I had to buy at oreilly. They sent me two sets of rear rotors and two sets of front pads. I didn't catch the pads when I did the return with them. So they are already out 40 bucks on a 165 dollar deal. I would buy these all over again from them they handled it all exactly how they should.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I just installed a set of these rotors on my SS lastnight!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Really an unbeatable deal. And great customer service too. No wonder they sell so much.

Quick Reply: New brakemotive rotors have pits near drilled holes??!?!