Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Just placed my order.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Packed up and shipping tomorrow. I was out today until after FedEx left for the day, but I just set it out in the shipping area! Please let me (us) know your thoughts!

thanks!
Sam

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Got mine in the mail today and put it in. Good quality, good fit and function. Only shuffled the car around the garage but the pedal is firm and no more worries about bending the firewall. Thank you
Old 03-10-2019, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm finally going to sell my Hotchkiss brace, buy a Founders, and buy this brace.
Are you still doing free shipping on red ones?

EDIT:
Sorry, just saw on your website it says free shipping. I'll be putting an order in for one!

Last edited by FirebirdStud; 03-10-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Hello Sam... Just picked up a 96 Z28 1LE... 28K miles, comes with the Koni adjustables from the factory along with stiffer springs, bigger sways. She handles really nice as it is. However, I am considering your springs if for nothing else how awesome the stance will be. Are yours similar to the 1LE's in terms of handling?

I have ran your spring on numerous 4th gens. This is my first 1LE....
Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did receive my brace - had to wait a week for back-orders to fulfill.. which isn't a big deal.
What is a big deal is that it doesn't fit. The tang at the bottom does not fit into the recess of the shock tower.
Anyone else have this issue? How did you go about fixing it?

Old 03-23-2019, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Nope, mine fit just fine.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

mine was like that. I just ground the tab off with a grinder. or you could open up the hole in the shock tower
Old 03-23-2019, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NewEnglandFormula
mine was like that. I just ground the tab off with a grinder. or you could open up the hole in the shock tower
I'm disappointed that for the price of this, I have to cut something or grind something.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by FirebirdStud
I'm disappointed that for the price of this, I have to cut something or grind something.
There are parts that cost way more $$$ that require much more modification to get them to work right. Be thankful all you have to do is get the grinder out on this one. Could have been worse. The tolerances on these cars are not the best from a quality control standpoint. What works on one car may require modification on another car. When I buy something aftermarket I go into it with the idea that I'll have to modify it or something on the car itself to get it to work right. It's just the way it is. Sometimes it fits out of the box. Sometimes it doesn't. Obviously it's not the part as numerous pictures in this thread show proper fitment.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
There are parts that cost way more $$$ that require much more modification to get them to work right. Be thankful all you have to do is get the grinder out on this one. Could have been worse. The tolerances on these cars are not the best from a quality control standpoint. What works on one car may require modification on another car. When I buy something aftermarket I go into it with the idea that I'll have to modify it or something on the car itself to get it to work right. It's just the way it is. Sometimes it fits out of the box. Sometimes it doesn't. Obviously it's not the part as numerous pictures in this thread show proper fitment.
I have experienced many of these said parts So yep, I get it.

Is the shock tower hole doing anything productive? If I widen it out, will I regret that decision based on it's purpose?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a feeling that shock tower locator hole isn't a high tolerance item for GM. You have to remember that aftermarket part manufacturers need to work with car manufactures tolerances. If they have a sloppy tolerance on an item there is no way to control an aftermarket part to fit each time. What doesn't fit on your car may bolt right up to the next guys.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by FirebirdStud
I did receive my brace - had to wait a week for back-orders to fulfill.. which isn't a big deal.
What is a big deal is that it doesn't fit. The tang at the bottom does not fit into the recess of the shock tower.
Anyone else have this issue? How did you go about fixing it?

Grind it off. I can't control GM's body tolerances. And it's too bad they are like this. That said, this is the first report I have gotten of this issue, and the only other issue was a car where the master cylinder is pointed way up. So high in fact the foot doesn't come close. How bent is that guy's firewall already?

I could make the brace without the tab, but we like it locates things more cleanly, and up to now had no reason to bother with changing. I might remove it for down the road given this. But you can't know it's a problem, until it is actually a problem on some car. And it's not been one on any other car we have used these on up to this point.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine lined up and had to space it on two points because of my fuel pressure regulator bracket.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

I agree, this is a GM issue and not a Stano issue. GM is notorious for having sloppy tolerances.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Finally got around and the tie to install mine. Install was easy, brake pedal feel was much better. Well worth the money and 15 minutes it took me to put it on.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Teching In

I'm pleased with mine as well. It was worth the money. I do wish I could still use my founder's STB. Didnt have enough threads on the mount to put it back on.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just got more in. LOTS of black, some red too, but less as it's not as popular.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just got more in. LOTS of black, some red too, but less as it's not as popular.

Bit of an old thread but just wanted to post an update. I have had Sams MC Brace on my car for about 3 months now, my car had a Hotchkis brace already, NOW..... I'm not saying this is a direct bolt, I'm also not suggesting you do it, What I am saying is that you CAN run this MC Brace with a hotchkis bar as long as you own a cutoff wheel, grinder, welder & don't mind using them. I took my brace and integrated it into the hotchkis mount. It makes for a slightly more complicated install but not bad and still functions the same which is to say great. If I were starting from scratch I'd just buy Sams brace and the UMI bar at the same time but I already had the hotchkis and didn't think the FAST 102 would fit with the UMI bar at the time. So for anyone who is married to their Hotchkis brace but want Sams MC brace here you go... a couple of before / after pics as well

Old 01-31-2020, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by speedfreak440
Bit of an old thread but just wanted to post an update. I have had Sams MC Brace on my car for about 3 months now, my car had a Hotchkis brace already, NOW..... I'm not saying this is a direct bolt, I'm also not suggesting you do it, What I am saying is that you CAN run this MC Brace with a hotchkis bar as long as you own a cutoff wheel, grinder, welder & don't mind using them. I took my brace and integrated it into the hotchkis mount. It makes for a slightly more complicated install but not bad and still functions the same which is to say great. If I were starting from scratch I'd just buy Sams brace and the UMI bar at the same time but I already had the hotchkis and didn't think the FAST 102 would fit with the UMI bar at the time. So for anyone who is married to their Hotchkis brace but want Sams MC brace here you go... a couple of before / after pics as well
that looks pretty good! i was thinking about doing something like this as well and now that i have seen that it can be done i will be ordering a brace here soon and doing the same. i prefer the look of the hotchkis bar over the others and the fact that it is easily removable without un-bolting the tops of the struts and that was the reason i bought it so that kept me from pulling the trigger on this brace. in for some installed pics once you get it all painted

Quick Reply: New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars