Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars

Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Default New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars

I'm very proud of this little item, and when I first ran it, I was blown away just how much better it made the brakes!

Here's the link: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=269&ModelID=7

I have both Red and Black in stock, ready to go on Monday. The pictures attached show only the red as that shows up much better in pictures. We will have other pictures coming too.

Bottom line, if you want stronger brakes and a firmer pedal, this is a part you can't ignore. The flex in the stock firewall is a huge amount more than the flex in stock brake lines, and many of you have replaced those at a higher price than the cost of this part.

I quickly took a before/after video on this. We are editing it into one with some captions but for the time being, I wanted to get the out in front of you guys.

Video comparing before and after:

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Last edited by Sam Strano; 02-17-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting....
Old 02-18-2017, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice.
Copycats will be all over this like usual, i give it a few weeks before they introduce their "original design".
Old 02-18-2017, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow,as said horrified! I just put on a tower brace,looks like I'll be adding this piece next.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

Was thinking price would be around 60, then i saw it was almost double.
The following users liked this post:
Coppertone (04-17-2020)
Old 02-18-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a part that is absolutely necessary. The amount of firewall flex these cars have is impressive.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Had no idea the firewall flexed that much..
Old 02-18-2017, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow, had no idea this was even remotely a problem. Interested in some before and after reviews.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The UMI '99 Camaro is destined to have this piece. I'm excited for better brake pedal feel.

ramey
Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sam.....so without that brace like my car has been for 19 years.....what is adding the brace going to do for me behind the wheel....?

Is it just going to feel like a good air bleeding was just done....so the brake pedal will just be more firm when pushed?

Because normal driving the brake pedal is hardly pushed at all to stop during street driving. Its just lightly pushed to stop.

Or is this for road racing with hard braking?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good video Sam. Great product, I was able to use this before and after and the pedal feel is completely different. I'm excited to use it on the track.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

take my money..... ill be calling monday for this... does it matter if you dont have a strut tower brace?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neat. I'll probably be getting one of these.

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
take my money..... ill be calling monday for this... does it matter if you dont have a strut tower brace?
According to the description on his site:

We include a spacer plate for use on cars that are not running a front mount Shock Tower Brace. We made this modular to work with or without a brace.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made this contraption several months ago out of sheet metal I had laying around. Bolted it to the studs on the booster and used the shock tower bolts. I should have painted it before hand but oh well. It's hard to see it but the brace goes underneath the master cylinder to the other stud. It's not sandwiched under the master cylinder. It's kind of a pain to get it in and out of there, but worth it because you don't feel the firewall flexing when you step on the brake. Makes the car feel slightly less "GM cheap". For what this thing cost me (nothing) and result I got, I can't see paying $100 for Sam's. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars-img_0642.jpg   New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars-img_0643.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Really surprised me when I stripped my shell how flimsy that firewall is. I thought I was chasing air in the lines at nationals but after checking everything over I think most of it was due to the firewall flexing. Just a very soft initial pedal that really came through on the stickers.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Nice.
Copycats will be all over this like usual, i give it a few weeks before they introduce their "original design".
Oh, I'm sure. We will just have to point back here to prove who really came up with it.

Mark this thread.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Floorman279
Was thinking price would be around 60, then i saw it was almost double.
It's not just a simple L bracket. There is time to cut, weld, coat, and other parts involved. And if it matters (and it might not), the simple L shaped ones for Subaru's are $99 and about 1/4 the size.

Now. This is cheaper than a set of SS brake lines. Hell, it's cheaper than set of decent pads. And this won't wear out.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS6427
Sam.....so without that brace like my car has been for 19 years.....what is adding the brace going to do for me behind the wheel....?

Is it just going to feel like a good air bleeding was just done....so the brake pedal will just be more firm when pushed?

Because normal driving the brake pedal is hardly pushed at all to stop during street driving. Its just lightly pushed to stop.

Or is this for road racing with hard braking?

Well my car has been without is since 1998.

No it's way beyond what a good bleed feels like. Just look at how much the MC moves. It's a hydraulic system, and you can bleed it forever, have every bit of air out of it, but like stepping in mud, or sand, when there isn't a solid base your foot sinks.

If you want firmer brakes, then you want this part. If you don't, well then you can skip it. But the firewall can and does oil-can and they have torn with time.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
No. It works with or without. For those that don't have them, there is a spacer plate that comes with the brace that you need to run on the car. Just bolts on.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChrisRZ28
I made this contraption several months ago out of sheet metal I had laying around. Bolted it to the studs on the booster and used the shock tower bolts. I should have painted it before hand but oh well. It's hard to see it but the brace goes underneath the master cylinder to the other stud. It's not sandwiched under the master cylinder. It's kind of a pain to get it in and out of there, but worth it because you don't feel the firewall flexing when you step on the brake. Makes the car feel slightly less "GM cheap". For what this thing cost me (nothing) and result I got, I can't see paying $100 for Sam's. Sorry.
Nobody is putting a gun to your head. But sure didn't take long for the naysayers to show up.

However, compare what you have there to what I did. I didn't use that kind of thin metal. It's coated (and lots of folks want that). It installs without removing the Master cylinder.

And well, folks pay far more for things that do far less.

A bunch are leaving today, more as I type this. For those folks getting them, please report back on your thoughts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars