Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

12 bolt suspension needs question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt suspension needs question?

what would be needed....if i was to buy BMR LCA's Torque Arm Adj. PHR for my car now wiht the stock A4 and 10 bolt....will i need anything else?...what if i did a T56 conversion and a Moser 12 bolt?....woudl they match up correctly? please give any info possible....what else might i need?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Which Torque Arm are you looking at, the frame mounted or tranny mounted? The frame mounted one from BMR may not work with your Y pipe and/ or longtubes.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

i think its tranny mounted? didnt kno there was a specific difference...will that work out with it all QTP or Kooks (catted Y) GMMG if thats what you wanted to know was the setup and Torq arm....will that work with a Moser 12 bolt?....is there anything specifically different about the 10 and 12 bolt suspension suspension mounts or antyhign...will all BMR suspension work out with it?....if it were really necessary would even the stock suspension match up to it?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

The tranny mounted Torque Arm will work with longtube headers. So will some chassis mounted Torque Arms, but the BMR Chassis Mount can have problems.

As far as the 12 bolt, just get one from moser or strange that has the F-body suspension setup. Most people prefer the Strange because it has a better torque arm mount, but it's a little more expensive. Search some threads for more info.

The 12 bolt should bolt to all stock suspension pieces except for the Sway Bar. Most aftermarket suspension manufacturers sell a kit that should be welded to the axle tubes and then u bolt the bushing to it.

Just my .02
Old 08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

thank you...so wait 2 things...when i go to get one...on the sites or at the places itll be one specifically designed for F-bods...or is it just one kinda 12 bolt? you need a welded Sway bar? or is there any ones that bolt up?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Moser and Strange both have specific designs for your F-body. You need to know if you have ABS and or Traction control, year, gear ratio, and differential type.

Here's a link to the picture of the sway bar bracket.

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1310

But have the bracket welded on.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
i think its tranny mounted? didnt kno there was a specific difference...will that work out with it all QTP or Kooks (catted Y) GMMG if thats what you wanted to know was the setup and Torq arm....will that work with a Moser 12 bolt?....is there anything specifically different about the 10 and 12 bolt suspension suspension mounts or antyhign...will all BMR suspension work out with it?....if it were really necessary would even the stock suspension match up to it?
Not helping with your question but giving you some advice. I have QTP's, ORY, and GMMG. Great headers and the system sounds awesome, but do yourself a favor and go WITH cats. The exhaust will have no rasp and sound really really nice. I had to have a 12" bullet welded in, and there is still so rasp. QTP's are awesome and the GMMG is great, just go with some cats.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

BMR sells Moser rearends for F-Bodys.. Check on his site.

Quick Reply: 12 bolt suspension needs question?