Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

slp strut tower brace

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question slp strut tower brace

hi guys
just wanted to know if this is right. I just put thr bar over the the fwd strut mount stud to see what it would look like,well when doing this I noticed that I could'nt even put the bar down on the studs. I did not remove the bolts or loosen anything. just wanted to see what it would look like. is this normal since bolts are still on the stud? will this throw off wheel alignment once tower srtut bar is installed ?
any advice on this installation would be appreciated as well.
I thank you in advance for the info.
THANKS

cowboysfan
Old 03-20-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

No, it will not throw off your alignment once installed.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Installation is pretty straight forward. It shouldn't mess up your alignment as previously said. Some people are **** about things however, if you are, get it aligned for 40 bucks after you get it installed. And if you are going to get it aligned, mine as well get it lowered before hand.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

can anyone tell me about my 1st question? is this sound right? or should I not worry and just install the strut.

thanks
Old 03-22-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I put my STB on, it's a bit tricky because of the angles, but once the bae of the bar seats down on top of the struts, it should have plenty of clearance. I hope that answers your question.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Launching!

I just installed my bmr STB and it was easy as taking of 4 nuts and tightening them back up.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bootleg<detroit>
I just installed my bmr STB and it was easy as taking of 4 nuts and tightening them back up.
Yup, I put a BMR stb on too.... and like you said, easiest thing to add to the engine bay.... works like a champ, too.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:17 PM
wrencher

I know mine wont fit with the FAST intake under it.......
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Unhappy

hi guys.
thanks for the replies.
I attempted to install tower strut bar yesterday and would not fit. (slp tower strut) its off about 1/4 inch. was thinking if I loosened all 4 mount on ea. side would I be able to slide the upper strut side to side. I removed the 2 front nut on each side, maybe I can get some room for installation this way. would it through off allignment if I do this? I can probably make the gap longer but. has anybody done this sort of mod to make it fit? how succesfull was it so far? how close can I get to the weld spot so it wont crack around the weld. I rather not do this till I speak to SLP rep. may I just got a bad one. any info would help

thanks guys
cowboysfan
Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
hi guys.
thanks for the replies.
I attempted to install tower strut bar yesterday and would not fit. (slp tower strut) its off about 1/4 inch. was thinking if I loosened all 4 mount on ea. side would I be able to slide the upper strut side to side. I removed the 2 front nut on each side, maybe I can get some room for installation this way. would it through off allignment if I do this? I can probably make the gap longer but. has anybody done this sort of mod to make it fit? how succesfull was it so far? how close can I get to the weld spot so it wont crack around the weld. I rather not do this till I speak to SLP rep. may I just got a bad one. any info would help

thanks guys
cowboysfan
Well if your car has any frame damage to it, this could throw the fitment off. The instructions I received with mine said I might have to file a bit of the holes in order to get it to fit (if there was previous frame bending or damage). Shouldn't throw your alignment off though as a few others have said...