Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 rear coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QA1 rear coilovers

Looks like a new product I just came accross from Spohn.

I was planning on ordering QA1 adjustables for front and back and was happy to see a new rear coilover kit.

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1534

I dont know how new these are and was wondering if anyone has them yet.

I think this kit will go nicely together with the front coilovers for total ride height adjustability

I am also planning to go with the new double adjustables, has anyone got a set of those yet front or back?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Teching In

That looks nice.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

Can you tell me if the QA1 shocks are good for handling or autocross, as apposed to quarter mile? Are they multi purpose as they claim? I know they are great for quater mile, but not too many people use them for handling. How would they be compared to a single or double adjustable Koni?

Thanks JA
Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default Ttt

TTT for ya good info needed on these coilovers
Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Launching!

I called Spohn the other day to ask about these. They are pretty new, only 2 weeks old. I am gonna order mine this week.

I think as far as for handling/autocross it will depend on the spring rate. I'm looking more for street and strip traction.

I've never heard of many guys autocrossing with these it would be interesting to hear how the QA1's perform. I think the QA1 double adjustables are fairly new also and haven't heard any feedback yet on them.

Anyone?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:00 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

They look awesome

JA
Old 04-29-2005, 04:32 AM
11 Second Club

I would like to know if these coilovers are good for handling as well
Old 04-29-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JGA
Hi

Can you tell me if the QA1 shocks are good for handling or autocross, as apposed to quarter mile? Are they multi purpose as they claim? I know they are great for quater mile, but not too many people use them for handling. How would they be compared to a single or double adjustable Koni?

Thanks JA

Typically, the QA1 is a drag shock and lacks the damping (in every case so far) to properly control the suspension for autocross/track use. I've not seen any info on this specific shock, but based on their designs so far, I'd not expect it to work well for handling.

My thoughts.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:07 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackbird
Typically, the QA1 is a drag shock and lacks the damping (in every case so far) to properly control the suspension for autocross/track use. I've not seen any info on this specific shock, but based on their designs so far, I'd not expect it to work well for handling.

My thoughts.
Thanks JA
Old 04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

for those that asked about were or not this is drag only or autocross style spring here is a insert from right off of the web sight.it was the last paragraph on the page if your looking for it.

"Spring Rates: For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For road racing/handling, 170# - 200# or a variable rate. Other spring rates are available from 80# through 600#, call to place orders with custom spring rates."

also it has fully ajustable rebound and compression to help set up for autocross or drag. as this was taken from about the middle of the page.

"# 24 Positions of Double Adjustment: Includes 24 positions of compression adjustment on one ****, and 24 positions of rebound adjustments on the other ****. Each **** is clearly labeled with an "R" for rebound and a "C" for compression, as well as plus and minus symbols for ease of adjustment. These shocks give you 576 Valving Adjustments! "

sounds like I'm doing some shopping now too as this is exzactly the set up I've been looking for in my crusier.good luck
Old 04-30-2005, 06:01 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogger
for those that asked about were or not this is drag only or autocross style spring here is a insert from right off of the web sight.it was the last paragraph on the page if your looking for it.

"Spring Rates: For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For road racing/handling, 170# - 200# or a variable rate. Other spring rates are available from 80# through 600#, call to place orders with custom spring rates."

also it has fully ajustable rebound and compression to help set up for autocross or drag. as this was taken from about the middle of the page.

"# 24 Positions of Double Adjustment: Includes 24 positions of compression adjustment on one ****, and 24 positions of rebound adjustments on the other ****. Each **** is clearly labeled with an "R" for rebound and a "C" for compression, as well as plus and minus symbols for ease of adjustment. These shocks give you 576 Valving Adjustments! "

sounds like I'm doing some shopping now too as this is exzactly the set up I've been looking for in my crusier.good luck
Hi
I agree they sound realy nice. Also, the ride height adjustability is a real nice feature to keep the the car fuctional for street use.

Thanks JA
Old 05-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Launching!

I ordered these last week from Spohn so I should have them shortly.

They probly wont be on my car till late May however since I am waiting on many other parts for my build up
Old 05-01-2005, 11:21 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi
I noticed you can get the rear springs with a progressive rate or fixed rate. The fronts however are only fixed rate. Which spring combination did you order?

Thanks JA
Old 05-01-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a ton of people cutting anywhere from 1.64 60ft. to a 1.34 60ft. with rear adjustables and front adjustables. The price of this set up will get you front and rear adjustable HAL's. Unless your car is hardcore drag only this setup is over kill.Plenty of 10 and 9 second cars that are not using this setup. Don't get me wrong.. it looks nice ....but may be overkill for a car that see's double duty of street and strip
Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Launching!

I did get the front coilovers also to go with the rears.

I like the idea of ride height adjustabilty. I can really drop my car if I choose to

Quick Reply: QA1 rear coilovers