Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Prokit is biting me in the ass now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Prokit is biting me in the *** now.

Check it out, I just bought a new house and can't get my TA in the garage because it's too low, it seems like the lowest part of the y-pipe is just touching the crest of the driveway right near the garage door, yeah, it's a steep driveway. Besides the pro-kit is a bit low, the more I have it the less I like the ultra low drop. I had to buy the house though, it kicks *** and I can always change springs. Which ones would give me a bit more height and still look lowered. I'm also running 265/35's which would count for some of the lowness too. Probably BMR or SLP Eibach, anything else? Is the prokit really that low compared to others?

I would like to hear everyones ideas. Mods and pics below.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have BMR springs and I'm happy with the drop. My driveway is pretty steep too but I can get up and down if I take it at an angle. The back bumper is what gives me trouble
Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say keep the Pro-kits and tuck the exhaust system up higher. My car is at 26" to the fender arches and I get around just fine, but I custom built my own exhaust system and it tucks up VERY close. If you remove or pound down the chassis bump on the driver side, you can have the Y pipe very close without banging. I sawed the bump out and welded in a U channel inside the cabin, under the carpet. You can't even tell it's there. Solid motor mounts will prevent baning also, and are not nearly as harsh as you might think. (I'm running them) I also removed the front air defector and converted the car to a front breather, so I never hear the difflector scrape. (never mind you can only do that on a Camaro) Also, sell the 265/35-18's, you are losing traction with those anyway because they don't have enough sidewall. Best size is a 275/40-17 on a 9.5 inch Z06 wheel wheel. Or your can run 295/35-18's on 18x10.5 Z06 wheels. 275/45-16's on a 10 inch wheel perform even better, but it's a hard size to find.

Last edited by Cal; 05-27-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think you are going to notice much of difference between another set of springs that will lower your car except if you go back to stock. I would definately try to tuck the exhaust, that would be your best and cheapest way to fix that kind of problem.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol, I got a pro kit and I want to go lower. When I go out looking for apartments I look for something that the car can handle
Old 05-28-2005, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Default Here's a different idea.....

Why mod your car if you can mod your driveway? Can't you just change the driveway to accomodate your car's entry and exit?
You could have the concrete ground down. Or have the old concrete taken out, change the slope of the ground at the entry, and redo the concrete to make it easier to get your car in & out. - just a thought.

Maximental
Old 05-29-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maximental
Why mod your car if you can mod your driveway? Can't you just change the driveway to accomodate your car's entry and exit?
You could have the concrete ground down. Or have the old concrete taken out, change the slope of the ground at the entry, and redo the concrete to make it easier to get your car in & out. - just a thought.

Maximental
Don' t compromise the look of the car, just because you have a stubborn driveway. Give the driveway an attitude adjustment!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

i say keep the pro-kit and just move your exhaust!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ta'sWs602
i say keep the pro-kit and just move your exhaust!!!
I think I'm going to sell the prokit and install some SLP eibach's, the prokit is a bit too low anyway IMHO. That and maybe a ply sheet in the garage to raise the front a hair will help me get in the drive way also.

The tires will be replaced eventually also and that will give some more height.

Quick Reply: Prokit is biting me in the ass now.