Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock ride Height #s?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock ride Height #s?

Hey guys, do any of you know off-hand what the ride height should be on a stock 99 Trans am? I mean measured at the top of the wheel opening?

Reason I'm asking is that I currently have Eibach "John Ames" springs installed (advertised -2" drop, though I'm sure its probably much lower), but I have a set of G2 supersprings sitting in the house waiting to be installed. I'm wondering if I'll gain any ride height (needed badly due to duals) by installing them. If I can figure out what the stock height #s are I can find out how low I really am in comparison right now.

BTW, I am running Bilstein HD shocks/struts at this time.

Thx

Last edited by kidfrostbite; 07-17-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I believe G2's will be the same.

For reference, what is your measured height now? Measure from the ground to the top of the wheelwell, back and front.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Viper
I believe G2's will be the same.

For reference, what is your measured height now? Measure from the ground to the top of the wheelwell, back and front.

I measured from the top of the wheel well opening and these are the numbers.....

F 25 1/2"
R 26 1/4"
Old 07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Those numbers are identical to my Eibach Pro setup, advertised 1.5" drop. The G2's will be even lower.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Viper
Those numbers are identical to my Eibach Pro setup, advertised 1.5" drop. The G2's will be even lower.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by kidfrostbite
I measured from the top of the wheel well opening and these are the numbers.....

F 25 1/2"
R 26 1/4"

I'm running SLP Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension Package (SLP Eibach Springs) and koni shocks:

F 25 3/4"
R 25 1/4"

Maybe my rear is saggin a bit

I'd be interested on what a stock SS ride heigth is. Somebody Please?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jimmard
I'm running SLP Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension Package (SLP Eibach Springs) and koni shocks:

F 25 3/4"
R 25 1/4"

Maybe my rear is saggin a bit

I'd be interested on what a stock SS ride heigth is. Somebody Please?
Holy sagg batman!

I have yet to find anyone that has the stock ride height numbers, but I'm sure somebody has them!

I think one of the best stickys would be to post the stock ride height, and then everyone post their spring/shock combo along with their measured ride height. I think that would be pf tremendous help for folks to make decisions on what springs to buy.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by kidfrostbite
Holy sagg batman!

I have yet to find anyone that has the stock ride height numbers, but I'm sure somebody has them!

I think one of the best stickys would be to post the stock ride height, and then everyone post their spring/shock combo along with their measured ride height. I think that would be pf tremendous help for folks to make decisions on what springs to buy.
It would be better to measure from the center of the wheel to the fender lip, as different tires are different sizes. Yeah my car is reaaaaaally low. I gotta take a pic and post it up for people to see. I think it looks awesome tho reguardless of the fact that I bottom out on just about any major "bump". I'll take a picture of my bumpstop, I must have less than an inch of suspension travel in the rear lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

i don't know if this helps you now, but i'm researching on springs/ shocks for my 01' hawk. my right rear is down to 26.5", the other three corners are at 27.5", and i too bottom out quite a bit now on that corner. measurements are from lip to floor.

Quick Reply: Stock ride Height #s?