50.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best LCA and TA?? **POLL**

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the best LCA and TA?? **POLL**

Yes i know you will all say use the search. I did, but i want to get some peoples opinions..

I have some questions reguarding whihc LCA and TA i should use.

I have a 2002 Trans Am. Stock Suspension. I want to find the best LCA and TA for my car. i use my car mainly as a street car, and it will see the track 2, maybe 3 times a year. i want to get rid of the wheel hop, i want to make the car feel tighter. I still have the stock 10 bolt, but i will some day get the 12 bolt in. I also have the stock T56 6speed with QTP LTs and i have True Duals.

So here are my questions

What brand?

What LCA do i want?

Tubular or Boxed?

Do i want am adjustable LCA too?

Are the poly bushings the ones to go with?

Do i need LCA relocation brackets?

TA Questions

Do I want and adjustable TA

Do i need the one to fit the DS or LTs?

i really do not know what else to say?? Please all people vote and chime in with your experience..

EDIT: what is the purpose of a Pan Hard Rod Bar???
Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yes i know you will all say use the search. I did, but i want to get some peoples opinions..

I have some questions reguarding whihc LCA and TA i should use.

I have a 2002 Trans Am. Stock Suspension. I want to find the best LCA and TA for my car. i use my car mainly as a street car, and it will see the track 2, maybe 3 times a year. i want to get rid of the wheel hop, i want to make the car feel tighter. I still have the stock 10 bolt, but i will some day get the 12 bolt in. I also have the stock T56 6speed with QTP LTs and i have True Duals.

So here are my questions

What brand?umi or spohn

What LCA do i want?double rod ends

Tubular or Boxed?either will work just fine

Do i want am adjustable LCA too? might as well in case you run a bigger wheel and tire combo

Are the poly bushings the ones to go with?nah, they bind

Do i need LCA relocation brackets? only if you're lowered

TA Questions

Do I want and adjustable TA yes

Do i need the one to fit the DS or LTs? dunno, got pics?

i really do not know what else to say?? Please all people vote and chime in with your experience..

EDIT: what is the purpose of a Pan Hard Rod Bar??? center the axle right to left
got any more?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94z28L
got any more?

thanks for the help.. let me answe some of your questions. no i am not lowered. the biggest tire wheel i would go woudl be 17X?? abd i know i would use 275/40/17 all around..

here are the pics.. hope this helps... so what brand do you recommend for LCA and TA i see you voted for both.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Jonas,

Based on our PM converstions and seeing this car is a street car that visits the track (drag) 2-3 times a year below are the items I recommend and why.

Control arms and panhard bar- I recommend our single adjustable package, both items feature adjustability if ever needed incase you lower or add larger tires at some point. The spherical ends help to reduce rear end bind while the poly end helps to absorb road noise. The control arms will help to reduce wheel hop by eliminating flex and bushing deflection. There is no need to go to a boxed control arm.

This kit- www.umiperformance.com/201621.aspx

Relocation Brackets- Although designed for lowered vehicles relocation brackets have proven to be a very inexpensive traction device. I highly recommend them even on a stock height vehicle looking for a traction increase. They move the instant center point back allowing the rear end to plant harder. This is a very good place to start for wheel hop.

Brackets- www.umiperformance.com/2012.aspx

Torque Arm- Since you are running a true dual system I recommend the torque arm below. It should clear very nicely with your system and it most cases is designed to offer addtional room over the stock torque arm. This item is adjustable for easy pinion angle adjustments.

Torque Arm- www.umiperformance.com/2205.aspx

One thing with your exhaust system you will not be able to run a tunnel mounted torque arm with a built drive shaft loop, so that answer that questions. The torque arm above will work just fine and is a great item.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

My personal opinion is i like my BMR torque arm because i wanted to put in a 9" sometime in the future and was told it was one of the only ones that would clear without modifaction. I bought the adjustable one with the poly trans mount and set it at -3 degres. I found a great deal on the torque arm used and the same goes with my BMR relocation bracets. I bought them used off a member for a great deal. AS far as LCA's and a Panhard bar i feel that sjm manufacturing has the best deal with the chrome-moly steel adjustible Lca and panhard bar, but i can not say anything as far as first hand experience with them yet. I say that go with what brand you like because IMO they all do the same thing and are of the same quality. And honestly i am kind of bitter about my suspension stuff as none of it droped my 60ft time at all not even a tenth. Mabey on sticky tires they might make a diffrence but on street tires at the strip it did nothing. If i could do it again i would start with sticky tires first and then do suspension.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

got bmr lca's and phb, no complaints yet! lookin to get a t/a next, but dont know if i should go trans mounted or tunnel mounted
Old 11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Full UMI rear suspension/torque arm here. Check out those 17s up front:

Going with their K-Member and A-arms over the winter!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
Full UMI rear suspension/torque arm here. Check out those 17s up front:

Going with their K-Member and A-arms over the winter!

ypu pulled the wheel

now that is good advertisement

EDIT: when you say full suspension, LCA, TA and PHB?? also do you have the relocation brackets??? BTW what are the relocation brackets for???? where do they go? ALso what does a PHB do???
Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Relocation brackets: I was going to tell you in my own words, but UMI said it pretty well.."Relocation Brackets- Although designed for lowered vehicles relocation brackets have proven to be a very inexpensive traction device. I highly recommend them even on a stock height vehicle looking for a traction increase. They move the instant center point back allowing the rear end to plant harder. This is a very good place to start for wheel hop." You can get bolt on or weld on ones, and they will bolt in where the LCA originally connects. This will allow the LCA to be farther down. Picture on UMI's website btw.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

UMI or Spohn will do.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
My personal opinion is i like my BMR torque arm because i wanted to put in a 9" sometime in the future and was told it was one of the only ones that would clear without modifaction. I bought the adjustable one with the poly trans mount and set it at -3 degres. I found a great deal on the torque arm used and the same goes with my BMR relocation bracets. I bought them used off a member for a great deal. AS far as LCA's and a Panhard bar i feel that sjm manufacturing has the best deal with the chrome-moly steel adjustible Lca and panhard bar, but i can not say anything as far as first hand experience with them yet. I say that go with what brand you like because IMO they all do the same thing and are of the same quality. And honestly i am kind of bitter about my suspension stuff as none of it droped my 60ft time at all not even a tenth. Mabey on sticky tires they might make a diffrence but on street tires at the strip it did nothing. If i could do it again i would start with sticky tires first and then do suspension.
I have a Moser 9" with a UMI Trans-Mounted torque arm bolted to one of their T56 torque arm brackets. It cleared just fine. If you want to see your suspension stuff working, put it on a real tire. Drag racing on street tires is like ice skating in a firepit.
EDIT: when you say full suspension, LCA, TA and PHB?? also do you have the relocation brackets??? BTW what are the relocation brackets for???? where do they go? ALso what does a PHB do???
By full suspension, I mean I have UMI tubular LCAs with relocation brackets, UMI PHB (which is used to center the rear axle) and UMI's Torque arm with T56 relo bracket. I'm using a Spohn rear drag bar.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

will i be able to use ALL THE UMI SUSPENSION when i get a 12 bolt??? will it all bolt up? menaing no fab work???
Old 11-08-2006, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

will i be able to use ALL THE UMI SUSPENSION when i get a 12 bolt??? will it all bolt up? menaing no fab work???
Yes all of our items will bolt up to a 12-Bolt as well as your stock 10-Bolt.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep, both the spohn and umi torque arms will work fine and for the 9" guys there's two sets of holes in the mounting bracket so that you can get it on there right
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Another UMI fan here.

All UMI - Chromolly double adjustable TQ Arm, Poly/Spherical LCAs, a Poly/Spherical PHB, and Relocation brackets.

Just need to pick up some swaybars, then my rear suspension is complete.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

really digging all the UMI stuff.. thanks for the great info guys!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Yes all of our items will bolt up to a 12-Bolt as well as your stock 10-Bolt.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Will they bolt up to a 9" ???
Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Will they bolt up to a 9" ???
Yes our items will bolt to a 9" as well, he asked if they would fit a 12-Bolt once he got one.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 11-12-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for all your help Ryan.. i will difinetly need to make some purchases soon!!!

just for the hell of it what SFCs to go with as well????
Old 11-12-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Control arms and panhard bar- I recommend our single adjustable package, both items feature adjustability if ever needed incase you lower or add larger tires at some point. The spherical ends help to reduce rear end bind while the poly end helps to absorb road noise. The control arms will help to reduce wheel hop by eliminating flex and bushing deflection. There is no need to go to a boxed control arm.

This kit- www.umiperformance.com/201621.aspx

Relocation Brackets- Although designed for lowered vehicles relocation brackets have proven to be a very inexpensive traction device. I highly recommend them even on a stock height vehicle looking for a traction increase. They move the instant center point back allowing the rear end to plant harder. This is a very good place to start for wheel hop.

Brackets- www.umiperformance.com/2012.aspx

Cool... I just ordered both of these along with SFC's from UMI on sat night! I need to kill my wheel hop! Glad to know they will work on a 12 bolt because my 10 bolts days are getting short.

Quick Reply: What is the best LCA and TA?? **POLL**