72.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Powerslot vs. Rotorworks !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Powerslot vs. Rotorworks !!!!

I have narrowed my decision down to two types of rotors. I am either going to go with Powerslot slotted, or Rotorworks slotted rotors. Here is the Powerslot....

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...5a622601f9cd87

and here are the Rotorworks....

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...5a622601f9cd87

My question is, for the difference of $230, are the Powerslot worth the extra money if all I am going to be doing is city driving. I daily drive my car, and I am not too hard on my brakes. I just want the best bang for the buck being that I am a full-time college student. Any experience or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys,

James

P.S. Bye the way, I will be using Hawk HPS Pads.....

Last edited by firebirdman469; 01-03-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Best bang for the buck would be blanks, dont waste your time with drilled slotted, big waste of money for a car that doesnt go to the track. I did have the rotoworks and they were fine for the 8k I had them till I sold the car, but I didnt really like them.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by radz
Best bang for the buck would be blanks, dont waste your time with drilled slotted, big waste of money for a car that doesnt go to the track. I did have the rotoworks and they were fine for the 8k I had them till I sold the car, but I didnt really like them.
I understand that blanks are better for my application, and I might still go with them, but the main question here is which brand, not necessarily which type......sorry for the confusion
Old 01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

before we get into another big slotted/drilled vs. blanks, do a search and youll see that BLANKS are best for the track, and drilled/slotted alright for street, mainly for look, NOT for extra stopping power. and for the price, even if they warp, you cant really go wrong with the Rotorworks. that's $42.50 per rotor. cant really beat it, as long as they dont totally explode on you. I'd be careful for something that cheap, but try it and find out. if they're ****, slap some autozone blanks on the front.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

I had a friend who used the Powerslot's and hated them, apparently they cracked easily. I personally have run Powerstop on 2 of my cars S/CD daily drivers for several years now, no cracking/warping at all, I have had them turned because pads wore out but that is it.

Sorry for getting off of your 2 choices just FYI.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I NEVER go cheapest...long run it always works out even or so.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have had the rotorworks on for about a month with the hawk hps pads and i love them. From high speed (135) they worked great. And very little dust from the pads. Had some fun with a ricer.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have powerslots on my daily driver paired with hawk pads and they have lasted me close to 3 years now. I have had no warping issues or cracking issues with the rotors.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Launching!

i have powerslots with hps hawk pads and they work great, ive used them in the past to and ive never had any problems with them.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

I have the Eradispeeds and some NAPA pads'..literally NO dust,squeaks, anything...
Have @ least 23K on these rotors,pad's...

JMO./. FWIW
Old 01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

I've never really heard anything bad about the $170 ones. I plan on getting them myself when I get new brakes this spring. Only caution is maybe opt for the slotted only because I've heard the drilled ones tend to crack easier (this is true of all rotors, not just this brand). If you're not going for looks, dont get drilled.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have rotors simular to the rotorworks and they have been fine for 24k miles and over 3 years.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I found a case where a guy started shooting sparks out of his rotoworks rotors. There may have been others. Seems like most people get good results from them. If it were me, I would go with the cheap autozone rotors in your case.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Teching In

unless you're looking for some bling,ok,but neither brand will give the wear and performance of the oe rotors. all aftermarket oe replacement rotors are ptetty much a waste of money.

tomtom
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
unless you're looking for some bling,ok,but neither brand will give the wear and performance of the oe rotors. all aftermarket oe replacement rotors are ptetty much a waste of money.

tomtom
Where did you get this information from?! OE (if you mean factory replacements) rotors will just warp on our cars. I have slotted Powerslots with Hawk HPS pads. Car stops great and no brake dust issues at all. Had them for about 2 1/2 years with no problems.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Have You Ever Had A 60-0 Braket Test On You Combo? Have You Ever Seen Any Hard Data That After-market Replacement Rotors Actually Stop Better? No , Because They Don't. If You Have Read Any Of The Technical Articles They Say Slotting, And Drilling Are Useless And Detrimental.
You May Get Better Stopping With A C5 Swap But That Adds Thirty Lbs To The Front End.

I'm Sure Your Combo Stops Great But Not As Good As The Oe Set-up.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Have You Ever Had A 60-0 Braket Test On You Combo? Have You Ever Seen Any Hard Data That After-market Replacement Rotors Actually Stop Better? No , Because They Don't. If You Have Read Any Of The Technical Articles They Say Slotting, And Drilling Are Useless And Detrimental.
You May Get Better Stopping With A C5 Swap But That Adds Thirty Lbs To The Front End.

I get better braking than OE with hawk hps and powerslots, much less pedel fade. And yes, ive done the testing
Old 01-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Teching In

What Were The Numbers On The Testing? Who And How Were The Test Done?

Tomtom
Old 01-09-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

My OE rotors also warped. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is it about the OE blanks that warp compared to others? Are they made from a different material?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

(Sorry TOMTOM I do understand what your saying)
I was basing my statement on the crap GM offered as rotors for our cars. I would not put GM rotors back on my car, simply because they warp, unless they have done something about that. I never had an issue with the pads. But GM rotors are not good. My car stops great and the Powerslots have not warped and my HPS pads don't dust. To me that is an improvement over the stock rotors, simply because my car is isn't shaking like crazy just to stop. I don't care if my rotors are slotted, I never noticed a difference, but I got them at a great price. They don't warp, that's what I like.

Last edited by LS1MONSTER; 01-09-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Powerslot vs. Rotorworks !!!!