Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI SFC's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question UMI SFC's???

Ok, I'm about to get the umi 3-point sfc's and the tunnel mounted ta/driveshaft loop combo so it's all tied in together. Will I be ok getting the bolt in especially if I get the sfc's first and then the ta later. I figure the 3-point and ta would be stronger than doing it any other way! Any help would be great! PS, I already got the umi lca's and phb. Seem to be awesome!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats the preferred way to do it. having 3 point sfc's ties into the tunnel mount area and supports the t/a in that location.

bolts in would work fine, if for some reason they losen up over time you can always weld them in later.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MdFormula350
thats the preferred way to do it. having 3 point sfc's ties into the tunnel mount area and supports the t/a in that location.

bolts in would work fine, if for some reason they losen up over time you can always weld them in later.
Agree 100%. It takes stress off the floorpan and distributes it into the SFC. The SFC tuck up VERY nice. You will be very pleased
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same setup. All UMI bolt in's. I had my TA on first then put on the SFC's. Thats the order I bought it, but it works better in your favor. The SFC's have to be on the top and the TA under that. So your not going to have to mess with the SFC's twice.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Are the 3 points better because they tie in the floorpan? I'm debating between 2 points and 3 points and if the extra $130 is worth it on a car that will make about 400whp for now but eventually more.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DoubleTapDrew
Are the 3 points better because they tie in the floorpan? I'm debating between 2 points and 3 points and if the extra $130 is worth it on a car that will make about 400whp for now but eventually more.
if you're debating on buying one, then will be eventually buying the other, buy the other now and save yourself the trouble.

after owning a 3rdgen, I was always fairly "meh" about the 2 point SFC's and after having had some other structural supports welded in, even on stock HP I'd say you're better off with the 3 points.

If you're dragging and will eventually be getting a body mounted torque arm, again, save yourself the hassle and money later on down the road and just do it now.

they don't disappoint
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Teching In

does the 3 point interfere with tsp true duals?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MdFormula350

Yes very well said.

There will be no problem installing the SFC's now and the torque arm at a later date. We have never had a issue yet with the bolt on style SFC's, so I don't see that being a issue. The nice thing is, like mentioned they can be welded at any time if needed.

If you have anymore questions please ask and I am glad to help!
Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI SFC's???