Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which bottle of Super Blue brake fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which bottle of Super Blue brake fluid?

I am trying to buy some ATE super blue brake fluid but have found two different kinds.

One kind comes in a blue metal container and the website says it is ATE super blue but made by HRP.~$9

The other kind comes in a silver metal container and says ATE super blue made by ATE.~$11

To you guys who run/have run ATE super blue, which one is the right stuff or is there a difference?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is ATE Superblue by ATE. The can is bluish/silver in color with a blue lid. There is also the ATE TYPE 200, same fluid, but brown in color (gold?) so you can tell when you bleed fresh fluid through (you'll see the color change from blue to gold and vice versa).

Super Blue

Type 200

Old 01-12-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trackbird
Mine is ATE Superblue by ATE. The can is bluish/silver in color with a blue lid. There is also the ATE TYPE 200, same fluid, but brown in color (gold?) so you can tell when you bleed fresh fluid through (you'll see the color change from blue to gold and vice versa).

Super Blue

Type 200

Smart thinking!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Carlos01SS
Smart thinking!
Yeah, except that in practice (at least for me) when going from blue to gold, I usually just end up with a greenish-blue elixer...
Old 01-12-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Yeah, except that in practice (at least for me) when going from blue to gold, I usually just end up with a greenish-blue elixer...

Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by loyolacub68
I am trying to buy some ATE super blue brake fluid but have found two different kinds.

One kind comes in a blue metal container and the website says it is ATE super blue but made by HRP.~$9

The other kind comes in a silver metal container and says ATE super blue made by ATE.~$11

To you guys who run/have run ATE super blue, which one is the right stuff or is there a difference?
I sell ATE fluid. It's $11 and 12 a liter respectively. But then again, I'm answering your question too....

Super Blue and Type 200 is the same stuff, but one is dyed blue. No physical differences between the fluids, it's different colors on purpose for when you are flushing the systems.

I can't speak about what you are looking at from someone else, or how they are bottling things. I can tell you that I have ATE Super Blue and ATE Type 200, and there is no performance difference, only the dye. I keep lots of both in stock, so if anyone needs some--let me know.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Yea, it's easy to go to blue, harder to go back. The color is distinct when you get the fresh blue fluid, but it is harder to see when it changes to amber.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for all your help guys, wanted to be sure I was putting good stuff in there and not something that was low grade

Quick Reply: Which bottle of Super Blue brake fluid?