Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Note to self, kill old owner or techs. Strano bar reveiw pending

Old 03-22-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Note to self, kill old owner or techs. Strano bar reveiw pending

Ah, a nice day to finally install a mod you've been waiting for. After on and off warm days stuck in my shoddy office just waiting. Finally a day I can put my Strano front bar on!

The bar was ordered and shipped right away, Sam himself even called to check on my order! I was honestly taken back, and honored.

First nothing is wrong with the bar or anything related to Stranos part service etc. It's all top notch. What is a problem was for some reason I spent a good deal of time slowly but surly getting nothing done removing the old bar. I like to tell my self i'm semi handy with cars, I was starting to get worried that either something is wrong or, I suck. Fear of both of them grew as the 2nd hour passed with barely moving a bolt.

Over and over I check instrutions install unis site my sockets sizing etc. Finally I get the sick memory, my car was owned by a moron before me. To be fair this could be the WORST tech ever as well.

I come to find, all the sway bar hard ware wasn't stock, bolts you'd see on use for lumber maybe and of non matching sizes. It took me a good 4 hours to get the bar undone and now i'm out of day light. So i've parked the Z and am waiting for after class tommorow to finish up the install. Should be a snap thanks to new hard ware coming with the Strano kit

Honestly if i find out who did this, i'm going to pee on your kids in front of you tape it, and make you watch it Christmas morning instead of gifts.

I've been on here alot less house searching and backed up at work so forgive me Sam, for the delay but i've upped your trader rating as dealing with you was awesome!

Tommorow i'll put up a before after, and test with no sway just for kicks!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

"Honestly if i find out who did this, i'm going to pee on your kids in front of you tape it, and make you watch it Christmas morning instead of gifts."

Good luck with it tomorrow!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper

Honestly if i find out who did this, i'm going to pee on your kids in front of you tape it, and make you watch it Christmas morning instead of gifts.
Thats some funny ****.

Hope everything works out for you tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Hope you've got a tap and die set, sounds like you'll be needing them!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

lol

Then you should eat his children and praise Allah
Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

mild up date.

All the bolts etc are too fed for me to do. I am leaving for a wedding friday *1200 mile drive round trip* thrusday shes going in the shop.

I feel like a failure, I can't do it... I've built motors in my garage, done a full bushing kit... but NO can't even do a sway bar.

I was fed up to near tears, NONE of this was Sams or my fault. It was the owner before me or the techs he took it too.

I spend all day trying to get it ready as it sits now it's drivable no front sway bolts all should be fixed and set, so i'm having shop i trust just pop her on and double check me.

Car feels like poopy with no front sway, real write up will come thrusday night, i hope.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are u sure the front sway bar that was on there previously is stock?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silas2k
are u sure the front sway bar that was on there previously is stock?
I checked it size and it sure as heck seems to be.

How all the bolts varried and all i'm thinking it might have been wrecked and never gone on the car fax.

I'm bugging out untill i get it checked i'm not driving it. I mean cars not done me wrong yet, but now after this i'm going nuts, probbly me just being overly worried and cranky from all the headaches.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could u please post some pics of what you cant get off, maybe we can figure something out for you.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Monello
could u please post some pics of what you cant get off, maybe we can figure something out for you.
Thanks for the offer but it's all apart now.

The end links didn't match, the Bolts didn't match trust me, it wasn't pretty.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 AM
12 Second Club

u must not have kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or u would not have said that...........................................

u deserve everything for saying that about kids. and on tape!!!!! your

fuerzaws6
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
u must not have kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuerzaws6

Old 03-28-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cowboysfan

fuerzaws6
No I don't have kids, I'm more then able to grind my loins into a member of the other sex, but I can either restrain myself and or keep children from being a possiblity if I so choose too.

With how heartbroken you seem to be maybe you are the pile of stupid that was the owner before me? He traded his camaro in for a suziki sedan. Maybe that's why your sad lashing out randomly on line?

If the fact a little humor can upset you so much, my best advice for you is locking yourself into a nice white room that loops the spa channel on XM, maybe nothing but tribal Celtic beats and the humming of running water, can keep your ever so senseative self from throwing a hissy fit.

Maybe I should rub it in I don't like kids, or if I muttered that would you toss your self to the floor convusing? I wouldn't want that only thing worse then kids is watching seomeone who claims to be an adult is one acting like a kid.

With that aside, on to 2 of the 3 parts of the review.

First Stock front bar:
Front stock bar, being stock and how the car always has been it's hardest to rate, Had the car bit over a year now. Best way to sum up this bar in one word is "ehh". It's better then none, but it's far from nice.

Turn in roll still very noticable, brake dive is possible to be felt under light braking. I feel it's hard to point things out when it's what you are used to. but I can asure you it's not the best part I could tell that day one. I'm sure anything would be an upgrade.

No front sway bar:
Few lbs lighter, then stock front bar. Feels like a yacht, to be honest I do see why people unbolt and remove them for 1/4 though. You feel more Seat of the pants weight transfer by a good deal when gunning it. Brake dive is horrid, I do fear the possiblity of locking the fronts up even. Even coming around for a parking space feels like a crazed autoX dog leg.

Frankly, I think it might be safe for daily driving, if you don't mind your car feeling horrid. I tested in a sane controlled area how she felt if i needed to dodge or slam the brakes. felt bad but I feel most anyone whos driven a non sports car could be able stay safe.

Thrusday after shop is done and some testing I'll put up how the Strano bar fairs, I have high hopes for this part and again, Sam did nothing but good to help me and make a great part. None of these problems are related to him or his parts.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope it works out for you. Problem of buying used ****.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope this doesn't sound like "random lashing out online" but.....

You hate kids...and cannot remove a front sway bar....

Dude...U NEED HELP!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by subtlez28
Hope this doesn't sound like "random lashing out online" but.....

You hate kids...and cannot remove a front sway bar....

Dude...U NEED HELP!!!!!
lol, I hate kids so what?

Must I get pictures of the bolts brackets and what not? No offence but I really doubt you or most other of the shade tree mechaincs could have done this.

Stuff was broken mis matched force fit in , I don't know what to really say other then this car is really cobbled together.

Pretending everything works right, I'd say the panhard bar install I did or swapping my rear was trickier, for some reason they went with out a hitch.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ace...its held on w/ 4 bolts(6 if u count the end links). Even if you had to grind them off, drill them out and re-tap it should not have taken more than a couple hours. And even badly rusted end links can be cut off relatively easily.

I realize working on some one elses cobbled mess sucks. I just don't understand the need for rants...threatening to "**** on kids"...and lash out at anyone who doesn't agree w you.

You have a right to say think what ever you want....but others have the right to challange what you say to.

Last edited by subtlez28; 04-10-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Must I get pictures of the bolts brackets and what not? No offence but I really doubt you or most other of the shade tree mechaincs could have done this.
I'm not trying to start a pissing match w you....but I really think I could have handled this.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

mild up date.

All the bolts etc are too fed for me to do. I am leaving for a wedding friday *1200 mile drive round trip* thrusday shes going in the shop.

I feel like a failure, I can't do it... I've built motors in my garage, done a full bushing kit... but NO can't even do a sway bar.

I was fed up to near tears, NONE of this was Sams or my fault. It was the owner before me or the techs he took it too.

I spend all day trying to get it ready as it sits now it's drivable no front sway bolts all should be fixed and set, so i'm having shop i trust just pop her on and double check me.

Car feels like poopy with no front sway, real write up will come thrusday night, i hope.
stop crying about it and cut all of the old bolts off. Replace them with new endlinks.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly if i find out who did this, i'm going to pee on your kids in front of you tape it,
OK R. Kelly

Search this Thread