Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone with LG coilovers .

Old 05-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with LG coilovers .

I got lg coilovers and they cost 1600.00 dollars and yes they are good looking hope they peform but for that kinda money why in the hell dont they come with a damn spanner wrench so you can adjust the shocks and get the floor jack out from under the car and some kind of instructions on the install , adjustment, air pressure. I guess my questions is did anyone get a wrench or instructions and any tips on adjustments .
Old 05-27-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Anyone with LG coilovers .

I have had them on my car for 6 months now. You don't get any more than the parts.

You can order a wrench from Summit Racing (just a simple spaner wrench). To give you a few tips on install:

1) install the "heavy" threaded end on the top (connected to the body)

2) install the "light" pinston rod end to the suspention (rear axle and lower a-arm)

3) put the nuts about half way up the body. This will probubly set you "higher" than you want and you will then "lower" the car to your wanted ride height.

Do they work? YES!!! I am VERY happy with the performance of them. They are a little harsh on washboard roads but you just have to go slow.

The customer service is VERY good. I had one of the shocks fail on me Friday (piston rod to rod end broke......material failure). I called Lue this morning, told him the problem, he boxed one up, and it should get to me before the end of the week (I don’t even have to pay ANYTHING). Not many companies will do that.

I'm sure your enjoy yours.

Chris
Old 05-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info what did you use to adjust your shocks and psi are you running.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I had a pair of spanner wrenches already but as I said you can get them from Summit/Jegs. You might even be able to get them from some hot rod or "rice" (hot rod inports....) shops.

What do you mean by "psi"?
Old 05-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

How much air do you have in the shocks lg told me to run them at 115 or 125 pound i think cant remember.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

the reason they come like that is because Lou builds them his self in the shop and ships them out that way.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

How much air do you have in the shocks lg told me to run them at 115 or 125 pound i think cant remember.
he didn't tell me anything about adding air. I asked them "do I need to do ANYTHING to these shocks....EVER...?" and they said "No....just install and drive."
Old 05-29-2003, 09:31 PM
FormerVendor

Hi guys,

Make any spring height changes with the wheels in the air. That will take the tension off the springs.
The shocks install in the front with the shock body "Up", and in the rear with the shock body, "Down". Make sure the schrader valves in the rear are pointed away from the lower Control arms.( toward the center of the car.

The shocks are nitrogen filled. There is no need to change the pressure unless you want to experiment. You will need a special tool to check the pressure. If you put a "tire Pressure" gauge on it, you will loose the pressure in the shock in the time it takes you to check it. The chamber is very small, it takes nitrogen because there is no moisture in it that would change the pressure as the shock gets hotter.

Penske makes a shock tool that can check the pressure without loosing it. Best bet, do not check the pressure, unless you have a nitrogen bottle to re fill it. You can set the regulator at 125psi, and fill it, and remove the air chuck fast, so you don't loose the pressure in the shock.

You can slightly adjust the feel of the shocks with a pressure change, but only slightly.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with LG coilovers .