Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone against KYB's....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone against KYB's....

I need shocks pretty bad and the Bilsteins would hurt a little right now. Any one against KYB's? How much better are they compared to stock?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol should change the post to anyone for kyb's in this forum...if it doesnt say koni or bilstein here its crap. At least thats all i found in all the posts here
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Haven't heard anything good, try a search:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=kyb
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
lol should change the post to anyone for kyb's in this forum...if it doesnt say koni or bilstein here its crap. At least thats all i found in all the posts here
haha, they still have you shook up about buying the monroe's huh? he's right though, most people will only tell you to get one of the two. i've had my KYB AGX set for something close to a year and only have good things to say about them. night and day difference in handling. i say it would be hard to beat for the price. just a heads up...some people have had problems with them on lowered cars so if you're lowered, i'd probably steer clear.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a set of KYB GasAJusts that I'm not using (upgraded to Koni SA's). I don't know how well they'd perform on stock springs, but they were too soft for the Hotchkis springs.

I'll sell them to you for $75 + shipping (front and rear, with all hardware).

-Mike
Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Furious_George
haha, they still have you shook up about buying the monroe's huh? he's right though, most people will only tell you to get one of the two. i've had my KYB AGX set for something close to a year and only have good things to say about them. night and day difference in handling. i say it would be hard to beat for the price. just a heads up...some people have had problems with them on lowered cars so if you're lowered, i'd probably steer clear.
na its not what i bought i had many post when i was actually planning on doing my shocks/struts when i changed my springs but every post was people hanging on koni and blistiens ***** . People dont realize everyone has different views on handling and what they want to do with the car. This whole section can be locked and closed just put a post on how to install and that koni with strano springs are the only things these cars should be equipped with and you can sum up this section
Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

I have an 02 ws6 t/a, with KYB AGX adj shocks front and rear. The car is lowered an inch and a half. I leave off the transbrake on a 150 shot, and have cut consistent 1.37-1.45 on M/T Drag radials 325/50/15. Hope this helps. and they also hook well on the street too
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
na its not what i bought i had many post when i was actually planning on doing my shocks/struts when i changed my springs but every post was people hanging on koni and blistiens ***** . People dont realize everyone has different views on handling and what they want to do with the car. This whole section can be locked and closed just put a post on how to install and that koni with strano springs are the only things these cars should be equipped with and you can sum up this section
I've noticed that too!