Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

Ported 243 Heads Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017 | 02:18 AM
Teching In

Default Ported 243 Heads Needed

Anyone know where I can get a good set of ported 243 heads in Houston or DFW area?
Old 03-04-2017 | 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Houston is the damn LS mecca. Go outside and throw a rock, you'll probably hit a set. LOL
Old 03-05-2017 | 05:18 AM
Teching In

Yeah but I rather go with someone with a good reputation vs a hole in the wall shop with shady mechanics.
Old 03-05-2017 | 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Still, very easy to find with a quick search. There are many good ones spread from Dallas to Houston and all around. Texas Speed, Lloyd Elliot, Frankenstein, etc. I have a set done by Lloyd Elliot that I had flowed before and after. The numbers are great for a budget C&C job. Different places are good for different applications. If you are looking for sky high budget stuff, contact Greg Good or Tony Mamo and skip to an aftermarket casting. Just Google search and you will get better results than this way.
Old 03-05-2017 | 05:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
20 Year Member

OP,

Dont sink money into OEM castings....you power output will always be limited by the heads.

Look into an aftermarket clean sheet design....assuming you were looking to keep costs down (the reason you were thinking about porting 243's) you would want to take a hard look at my new MMS 223 heads.

Killer heads for the money.....big bank for the buck. You will make alot more power with these heads and have alot more room to grow down the road.....the aftermarket castings are much stouter than stock as well if you ever want to add a small nitrous system or something along those lines the thicker head deck would be beneficial

If your unfamiliar with them check out this thread....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...man-heads.html

Shoot me a PM or pick up the phone if you would like to discuss in more detail....I can also help you design a complete package around these heads if you like also.....custom cam, valvetrain, induction, etc.

Regards,
Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 03-05-2017 | 08:09 PM
Launching!

thompson motorsports has a nice 243. Started their program last summer with these heads, have a set myself, car getting tuned the 21st and dyno soon after. Cant wait.
Old 03-05-2017 | 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

And there you go. While Mr. Mamo makes a great point, I have half that much money in my 243's and they will not dought haul the mail once they are in my racecar. I will be running a 200 shot of nitrous which the Mamo heads would sure shine on with the exhaust flow they have. If you want the set of 243's I have, I would be willing to let them go and add the the extra cash for a set of Tony's. LOL

Trending Topics

Old 03-07-2017 | 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by luilui
Anyone know where I can get a good set of ported 243 heads in Houston or DFW area?

luilui,

Give me a shout and I'll knock your 243s out asap. We're 30 minutes west of DFW. $1150 shipped for our Stage 1 program.

New: FED .660" spring kit with titanium retainers
Reuse your stock valves
CNC port
CNC valve job
CNC logo
Hand blend
Surfaced
Assembled

I also have basically any aftermarket head you could want with our CNC program run through them if that's the route you're looking to go.

-Russ
Old 03-11-2017 | 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

We just pulled a set of Texas Speed 243s off a customers TSP 370 I can get you his info if your still looking.
Old 03-13-2017 | 10:22 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies guys. Forgot to mention I already installed a BTR Stage 3 cam, springs, rods, 1 7/8 headers, etc. So really excited to see what kind of power I will be making with ported heads!

Quick Reply: Ported 243 Heads Needed