Cowboys cut T.O.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cowboys cut T.O.

I wonder who goes and signs him next. L.A.?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Banned

wow, didn't think ol' Jerry would let him go
Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

He is going to be the first one to have played for ALL the teams. When he isnt throwing a bitch fit he is a pretty good player. He just needs to learn when to shut up
Old 03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Didn't JJ say he wasn't going to release him??? I guess it should had been a givin since they gave up their 1st round pick for Roy Williams.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

Finally they made the right step! I would have cut him a long time ago. He started way to much in the locker room and it caused all kinds of distractions on the field.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSam
Didn't JJ say he wasn't going to release him???
Yes he did ... or maybe he didn't ... or maybe he didn't say anything ... or ....

Just a few weeks ago, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated that T.O. was staying when he said, “You and I both know that the one that you’re asking about all the time, if I gave you the answer that you want to hear, then you would’ve already had it. So the fact you don’t have it ought to tell you something. It really should.”
Regardless ... good ridance ...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Good, I can't stand the Cowgirls, but this guy is a total piece of "****". He infects any team he goes to with non curable cancer and destroys the team. For once JJ did the right thing. He might be looking at Micheal "Ruff Ruff" Vick next to take the keep the image going. X2 for T.O. to the Raiders
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Texas Director

The Cowboys did the right thing in letting T.O. go IMO. I think it came down to it being a locker room issue as to why they cut him. He's a divisive force and the Cowboys need to have leaders and team players on that team and T.O. obviously isn't that type of guy. As far as possibilities to where he'll end up - Pittsburgh, Oakland, NY Giants, New England, NY Jets, New Orleans or Tampa would be my guess.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Its about time, he's good but he creates to much negative attention. They will be better without him IMO....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Roy Williams was just realeased too. i dont care either way with both, but why not try to trade for draft picks?

at this point the cowboys have done nothing to improve next years team. traded anthony henry for a back up quarterback, and released two other starters. i think the redskins pick TO up.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by derrickman05
He is going to be the first one to have played for ALL the teams. When he isnt throwing a bitch fit he is a pretty good player. He just needs to learn when to shut up
theres already like 6 or 7 other teams saying they will not touch him because of his attitude.

He will be the first player forced into retirement because no team will touch him
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

^^pacman jones has already done that
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to wonder if Zach Thomas didn't give Jerry an earfull as he was packing and leaving.

The place needed a thorough house cleaning for quite a few years. The Cowboy need fewer projects and more performers.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Im with this guy.

T.O. was PITA. Great player in all...well... most of the time. They man drops half of everything thrown at him.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think they will even win 8 games, with T.O. gone and a secondary with holes in it, good luck...... at least the new stadium will be worth watching
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I have to wonder if Zach Thomas didn't give Jerry an earfull as he was packing and leaving.

The place needed a thorough house cleaning for quite a few years. The Cowboy need fewer projects and more performers.

Thomas is a F/A as well, he only had a 1-year deal when they signed him last season...Plus Thomas did not like playing in the 3-4.. with T.O. gone that's gotta free up alot of the problems in the locker room, the way I look at it, If T.O. really wanted to stay in Dallas then he sould have not acted like a 15yr old in the locker room and cry about not getting the ball or who was getting more passes, bet if he would wouldn't have dropped the ones that counted, or attempted to make a play on a over thrown or under thrown ball the outcome would have been different..agreed Dallas now only has Williams for the deep routes, but still, if you double Williams somewhere in that 5-yrd span of feild Witten, Barber or someone else will be open with some space..the D is what's shakey, need guys all over the place, CB, S, LB, blah blah blah, but the biggest thing the D needs is a Team Leader, why I wished they would have pursued Lewis a lil more..and Hopefully Kitna will light a fire under Romos ***, cause If Romo starts being typical 2nd half Romo, Kitna at least has the ability to get it done....He's always had the habbit about lighting up Dallas D with poor recievers...Now what do you think he can do with the Dallas Recievers??
Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

I bet they have an ace up their sleeve on draft day for a new reciever
Old 03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

honestly a receiver is the last thing they need to worry about.
they cut their starting safety (overrated or not he was their best option), and traded anthony henry, who i thought was gonna be moved to safety so they could get rid of williams. not to mention they lost chris canty to the giants AND keith davis is a FA too, who is basically roy williams replacement at S at this point.

i think they need to pick up a safety so they dont have the same problems they had last year with rotating different guys in and out. pat watkins is too fragile to be a starting safety
Old 03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
The Cowboys did the right thing in letting T.O. go IMO. I think it came down to it being a locker room issue as to why they cut him. He's a divisive force and the Cowboys need to have leaders and team players on that team and T.O. obviously isn't that type of guy. As far as possibilities to where he'll end up - Pittsburgh, Oakland, NY Giants, New England, NY Jets, New Orleans or Tampa would be my guess.
I highly doubt TO ends up in Pittsburgh, NY, or NE. I definately agree with Oakland, N.O., and maybe even the Titans. The Titans are loaded with veterans and Jeff Fisher could keep a lid on TO. TO would really help that team.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben R
I highly doubt TO ends up in Pittsburgh, NY, or NE. I definately agree with Oakland, N.O., and maybe even the Titans. The Titans are loaded with veterans and Jeff Fisher could keep a lid on TO. TO would really help that team.
N.O. has a pretty deep Recieving corps. so you can Rule out N.O...