Looking for a first job!..

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Looking for a first job!..

Okay, i need a job guys. i have a trans Am in the garage that isnt mine till i pay it off. So i need help

the other day i went around looking for a job. No one is hiring, or they just don't want to hire a 16 yr old. So if yall can help let me know.

Greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located
Old 10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

fort worth
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go be a host at at some place, you get young girls and a nice tip out especially if its a nice place.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

outback steakhouse
tgi fridays
pappadeux
and other dinning places.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

Here's my .02. You're probably not going to want to hear it, but here it is anyways. Forget about the car for now, sell it if possible, save up for college or work towards getting scholarships. If you do this and get your degree quickly, you'll have enough cash to get just about any car you want, a nice place, girls, and money to spend.

Or, you could listen to That guy and whatsa347...
BTW, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Good responsible advice but thats no fun. hell ur only young once do it big!!! ****** whatever job u can and start modding immediately. Hell at 16 i grabbed a job at McDonalds jus so i could get quick money to get my Rx-7 up and running.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

How about this...how much do you owe til its yours? I will pay it off for you and that way you wont have to worry about a car at all and I will pick it up...jk man. Keep looking but Krab has a gr8 point.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

i got my T/A when i was 16 too, i got a job unloading trucks at walmart just to pay it off...left walmart and whent to KFC, better pay less work, but more stress. you dont need to forget the car, just dont obsess over it
Old 10-30-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

if it were me, i'd try to get a job at ups or fedex. pay starts off kind of sorry, and usually start off at part time. but once you turn 21, those dudes start making big bucks
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dry_kill
if it were me, i'd try to get a job at ups or fedex. pay starts off kind of sorry, and usually start off at part time. but once you turn 21, those dudes start making big bucks
Yea but do you really wana have to wear the shorts?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
Yea but do you really wana have to wear the shorts?
You'd wear anything if the pay was right.. Look how you dress now and you do it for free
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Launching!

OK mr. lets put my name on my shirt cuz im cool guy! That reminds me i still owe you another swift kick the the bawlz.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Teching In

All pretty good advise for the most part. Go to every dealership, mechanic shop or body shop you see. DO IT IN PERSON, Look respectable. Every shop needs a porter or someone who can wash cars, take out trash, sweep floors, answer phones, take customers home. Thats how I got into the body shop business. I am not rich but I do ok. I am sure that there is alot of others here who have done the same. Plus you have a place to mod the t/a.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
^ Good responsible advice but thats no fun. hell ur only young once do it big!!! ****** whatever job u can and start modding immediately. Hell at 16 i grabbed a job at McDonalds jus so i could get quick money to get my Rx-7 up and running.
Id say go get a college degree and you can buy anything you want. Since your 16 I would get a part time job and just save up for college...You may not want to hear it, but its about time for you to start getting responsible with what you want to do with your life.

If it were me I would take college over trans am every day because if I have a college degree I can buy a nice z06 for example. Just my .02, and besides college is awesome.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Another +1 for get ready for college, a t/a is nice to have now finish college and you can buy yourself a z sometime down the line. 16 is a great time to get your head out of your *** if you can find the time... most colleges have alot of great scholarships and financial aid, I'd start thinking about the future instead of the here and now
Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another vote for getting ready for college. I'd be in a lot better position now if I had prepared better.

Now, if you must get a job, I recommend like some other said being a host or busser in a restaurant. Look around, but if you can't find anything, PM me and I can get you in at a restaurant in Arlington.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try getting a job as a support staffer at a resturaunt. Hours will be flexible with school, they hire at early ages, and usually resturaunts pay better than fast food joints.

I wouldn't worry about what everyone is saying about college, you can still work and take care of business at school.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

save up for college? are you guys retarded??? college at a 4 yr university is what? at least 40k+ ez.. hes 16.. most hes going to make is like 12k a year IF he worked full time 40 hour weeks, IF he saved every penny. which he wont duh.. ever wonder what loans are for? or grants? go check fast food places, or restaurants. get a job, pay off your car, and enjoy it. But also, keep your grades up and apply for scholarships and grants once you are a senior. Everyone in this forum is right, but you need to put everyone's advice into one huge advice pill. get a job, start earning responsibilities, and yes go to college, but saving for it now, more then likely wont help that much.
hope that doesnt **** ne one off but its just my 2 cents
Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ws666
save up for college? are you guys retarded??? college at a 4 yr university is what? at least 40k+ ez.. hes 16.. most hes going to make is like 12k a year IF he worked full time 40 hour weeks, IF he saved every penny. which he wont duh.. ever wonder what loans are for? or grants? go check fast food places, or restaurants. get a job, pay off your car, and enjoy it. But also, keep your grades up and apply for scholarships and grants once you are a senior. Everyone in this forum is right, but you need to put everyone's advice into one huge advice pill. get a job, start earning responsibilities, and yes go to college, but saving for it now, more then likely wont help that much.
hope that doesnt **** ne one off but its just my 2 cents
x2 go to a reputable community college get your basics, then transfer. You save about 15k on the light side. Scholarships and financial aid are your friends. Get a part time job, keep the car, theres absolutely no way in hell you can afford a university now a days. Community college is a great way to start out and since you can't drop more than 6 classes anymore in texas it makes me appreciate it much more.